This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

UPDATE On The Street... Comme Des Garçons, Miami

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

UPDATE On The Street... Comme Des Garçons, Miami


I ran into Cynthia at the Patrick Ervrell show. She mentioned she really enjoyed the Chic Granny comments from the first post.

Comments on "UPDATE On The Street... Comme Des Garçons, Miami"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

Oh this is so frumpy! Interesting yes, but overall just not becoming.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Polished and manicured; in both the literal and metaphorical sense.

While I don't appreciate the outfit to the nth degree, it seems to be put together with thought.

Love dat coiffe, girly!

mltt

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (8:33 PM) : 

I forgot to mention the purse, why she chose that one to wear with this outfit I have no idea.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 PM) : 

the always chic cynthia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

hmmm...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Awesome outfit. Retro and oriental: the a line of the skirt and the wild pattern on top. Bernhard Willhelm anyone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 PM) : 

These women are depressing me with their Miami outfits. Please people, don't bring anymore of this drab NY/LON mess to my sunny city.

PS - The verification word for this comment is: CUTDYKS
Hm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

Believe it or not i like this outfit...the shoes I adore, im into oxfords! so chic! the handbag awful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

I do like the skirt :) The shirt is too loud and the shoes are granny-ish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 AM) : 

Comme is the BEST!!!
Rei ROCKS!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Looks like someone's maiden aunt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 AM) : 

For me, this outfit is not flattering for her.

Comparing with the previous post, it is interesting, because in my opinion that outfit is not flattering per se, but somehow the previous girl pulled it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

I often see CdG clothes on the rails and think, "who on earth could wear this?" but when it clicks on someone like this, it looks just fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

As a woman, I like the modesty yet the fashion forwardness of this look. The two can go together, you know! Why oh why must women be so bare to receive the praise of men!? Learn to see the beauty of this sort of dress. It is a part of us!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I agree with other posters that this is a look that melds into frumpy all too easily.

What looks fresh in a magazine or runway can go flat on the rest of us.

However I do like longer skirts. I do not work behind a closed desk and prefer my skirt to cover my knees up without my adjusting it all the time. This skirt and the picture before both qualify on that account.

I am afraid that the high waisted look just highlights any tummy a girl might have.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Although my feet appreciate flats more than heels, this look definitely needs a heel. And a different bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I like all of the individual elements, (except the canvass shopping bag over her shoulder!)just not together. But a beautiful woman, nevertheless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I'm sure everyone will hate on the skirt length but I think it's fab. Enough with above-the-knee skirts!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Her blouse is gorgeous! This is a very unique look, and I love it+

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I sometimes wonder if Sart is posting photos that he expects we will make certain comments about. :)

An interesting question is, do people praise an outfit because of who designed it? Because of who is wearing it? A cheaper but similar outfit can be purchased at the five and dime in my small home town. What would everyone say about it then?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (1:53 PM) : 

To anon 1:16
As you can see on most posts I don't put the designer name of the clothing but sometimes I just don't know what to title something. I usually just put in the first thing I think of - I could have just as easily called this graphic top.

I have shot enough vintage etc that I don't think readers feel that I am trying to sway them by mentioning the designer name.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

I love your photos and lurk here when in need of a real-life (not magazine) fashion fix. The skirt and shoes might work with something else, but don't with the top and bag. I could see the top being waved to start a car race! But good for her for taking a risk.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

gotta come to the defense of SART...Even tho I admit posting being a bit thrown by the suggestion that gray skirted gal of yesterday might be in head-to-toe MJ...this site doesn't just pump and name drop designers which it what makes it so good- yes we are surrounded by the super affulent in NYC who can buy whatever but personal style is the coin of the realm on this blog
PS_ I think this look is cool, but I am a fan of the sensual nanny look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Sorry, too frumpy for me. I love one frumpy element in an outfit, let's say a vintage pussy bow blouse and paired with a pair of crisp minimal jeans and brogues. Here, however, the frumpiness goes to far and turns it into a complete vicar's wife look. You can have too much of a good thing ;-))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Oh, Thanks Sart for the clarification. I did not think you were trying to sway us. Some people are easily swayed on their own. But I guess that's just my opinion.

Overall, you make us think, and that is terrific. Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Sorry, but she looks like her Great Grandma dressed her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

It looks like she's at a conference...could the handbag be one of those free swag bags they hand out?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

Why is this frumpy? She is wearing a beautifully tailored outfit of silk and wool. The blouse pattern is sensational. The only thing weird in her look is she appears to be a Japanese-American in the 1940s.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Amazing graphic print shirt.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (8:24 AM) : 

This woman has an innate sense of her own style
And needs no validation from anyone I think
She exudes a quite confidence
A Sartorial Elegance
Brava!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Is it just my browser or have there been a lot of broken images lately? Last two weeks I get at least one broken image per day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Style aside, the first shot is totally arresting. Very nice photographic work. The lighting is just perfect -and the impish grin!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Quietly powerful and individual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

You go WOMAN! Takes courage to go all out like this. Maybe it is just your innate style. You look absolutely stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I assumed you were at the PE show; but, I didn't see you anywhere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Oh come on! She is lovely-very elagent and put together, traditional but still avant garde. I think I would mesmerised by her in person!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

She looks great. Love her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Good heavens, when this girl is 50, she is going to regret not working it while she could. Ladies please don't do this to yourselves. Youth is wasted on the young!

 

Blogger Caroline Mason said ... (1:46 PM) : 

how old is she? Because with the cute/chic hair cut i could see he being in her 30s but with the bottom outfit i could see her as 50/60?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting