This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

It's Her!!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, January 15, 2007

It's Her!!

After I took this photo Carine told me they are using one of my photos of her for an upcoming issue of Paris Vogue!!

Comments on "It's Her!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 AM) : 

In a nanosecond ...Ms Roitfeld! 'n that the photo has been selected..by golly gosh! beyond fun is that!

Am imagining her shoes...

Black adores this woman :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 AM) : 

YAY! Congrats!! Tell us which issue it's in when you find out! You deserve it- and that's a really cool shot.

 

Blogger Principal and Founder said ... (3:09 AM) : 

this is one of the coolest shots yet. well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

She is wonderfully stylish from the neck down but her hair and sunglasses make her look too much like Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 AM) : 

Allright:-) Congrats a million!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 AM) : 

None of my business, but, shouldn't she have asked you to use your picture and then paid you for it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 AM) : 

Watch out Sart, I think she might be following you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

Great looking woman with bags of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 AM) : 

sublime dark androgyny! all s/he needs a nice black pistol ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 AM) : 

Is it possible to be any sexier than HER?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 AM) : 

Looking so mysterious...

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (7:46 AM) : 

LOVE IT!! Even her hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

carine...sheer perfection always!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

That sort of looks like Posh...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

you and carine.
it can't be better :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

Congratulations!

I don't think I've ever seen her as bundled up as she is in this picture but she still looks wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Congratulations!
What a fantastic photograph, as always!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Impossibly chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

carine just exudes raw energy here. i would not want to get in her way! goes to show you that it's not just the cut of the clothes: attitude is everything.

mr. schuman: i'm so happy you're getting all the press you deserve!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

I literally saw this - handed my banker husband some scissors and had him chop off 4" from my hair - and I'm feeling so much more like Corinne today. It's liberating. I love her look - very sexy and confident. My hair is still longer - but - big step forward.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Who can pull off the dark, mysterious, and edgy rocker-glam look all at the same time like Carine? No one does it better. BTW, I am intrigued by the wispy hair in the face look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

she is so the epitome of hotness. at any age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Absolutely brilliant! She always looks fierce. Only Carine could make a peacoat look rock n' roll. Congrats on your photos being in Vogue Paris!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Is it a short scirt with pockets? If it is I loove it! The jacket is super cool! Is this one of the Vogue editors with an impeccable style? I don't remeber her name. Magazines in my country aren't very updated on what goes on in America.

Love your blog by the way, I check in many times daily. I wished it went faster to find many stylish people.. But I appreciate quality before quantity. :) So rock on!

 

Blogger Cooper the Border Terrier said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Congratlulations! But who is Carine?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

the divine ms roitfeld....I love her..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Beautiful picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!

 

Blogger Maria said ... (11:10 AM) : 

congratulations!
She looks tres perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

This is my first time leaving my comment, but I just have to say Congratulations on all of your success! I enjoy your blog so much. You absolutely deserve it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

BRAVO!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

*sigh*

Paris Vogue.

What wonderful news! Congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

The chicest woman on the planet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I love how her clothes are quite smart but her whole attitude and stance play it down to something more casual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

i wish she smiled more!

 

Blogger L said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Wow, that`s great!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Beyond. Totally Beyond.

I just does not get cooler than Carine. There was an article about her last year in a UK paper that said she takes half a tranquilizer every day.

I need a prescription.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I am SO jealous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Carine Roitfeld! Ahh, i adore her, she looks very chic in this picture. lucky you met her, and congrats on being in paris vogue!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Wow--you are an amazing photographer--and congrats on the French Vogue thing--but she looks like a purple-lipped junkie in expensive clothes in this image. I truly don't get her appeal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Congrats :) Youre freaking cool, Sart

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Scott, Congrats!
Have you seen that backdrop!?
Can it get more dramatic?
I will always say that the best of european fashion experience is the architecture: in this case it is half of the drama. Nice shot!

When do architecture in the USA will have a sense of national pride? Industrial concrete does not count...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

This totally says raw power to me. Her lust for life shines through!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

I heart Ms. Roitfeld. Ipressionnant
photographie!
Congrats on the french vogue thing..
Bisous,
EB.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

I heart Ms. Roitfeld. Impressionnant
photographie!
Congrats on the french vogue thing..
Bisous,
EB.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I heart Ms. Roitfeld. Impressionnant
photographie!
Congrats on the french vogue thing..
Bisous,
EB.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

I want to be her!!
Love the hair, the look the attitude!!!
she is so cool!

congrats on the pic!! way to go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

So badass. Pitch perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Yes, Sart, your backgrounds are always great! But Maria @ 4:02 pm, you can't be serious! Architectural pride? Ever been to Chicago? Or New York, for that matter? Many of the great European buildings you probably admire existed centuries before there WERE many buildings in America, (and were often financed by the aristocracy or the Church). That kind of building doesn't occur anywhere anymore. As for materials--it all counts--concrete, metal, glass, stone--everything. How can one like modern fashion and dismiss modern architecture? Sorry, a little off-topic, but I had to weigh in...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

SART, awesome news about French Vogue, and more importantly, for getting a big vote of confidence from La Roitfeld! I'm heading to Paris in March and will be rifling through April's issue hoping that's the month your photo appears.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 AM) : 

the new MATRIX Part IV ?
lots of love
Michael from germany

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

It looks like she is channeling Posh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Sart: I love your photos and all the impressions made here in the minds of our fellow Sartorialists. And congrats on the Paris Vogue.

How much is that photo worth in US$?

Just kidding.

I often surface here as the contrarian. Actually, I enjoy the role, when I feel it's needed.

The look of this woman Sabrine, or Corine. Ah, Carine...whatever.

To me, the look is highly representative of the worst element of the fashion industry: it's so phony.

I love the look of real people here, industry folks and models included, out wearing their look for the day. But this is so posed, so affected. One person posted here: "Attitude is everything."

I will post the contrarian's view: Attitude is nothing.

I looked on Google for photos of this pretty miss and I saw a real person, a girl with a job, a woman with friends, looking after her clothes, her hair, appearing as an individual, appearing alive and well.

These photos were in such contrast to this one, where it could be anyone with sunglasses, unkempt hair, and attitude, which all say: "What you see is not me, but a cleverly manipulated device to take you away from seeing me and instead objectify me as....sex symbol...purple-lipped drug addict...rock star." All of which my fellow Sartorialists picked up on here with their posts.

Oh well, it's contemporary with our times: the alure of the disengenuous. And the fashion industry loves it. Photographers too, apparently. Magazine designers.

I'll remind myself of more beneficial intentions and results when I look at this shot: Your photo will bring in the bacon to the family. And Miss Carine has a real life, one where she will return home and wash that crazy stuff out of her lovely head of hair at the end of the day. She will take off the too dark shades and show all the light and glimmer in her eyes. Thank the gods for all that.

Love to everyone, hope you are smiling over there Ms. Carine. I now know you a little better than this photo would suggest - underneath all the posed attitude you are beautiful.

- JCH

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Congrats! You just keep building momentum...keep going!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but her hair and makeup look to me like someone who just rolled out of bed with a serious hangover. Maybe I'm too old, but I just don't get what's attractive about that. She's a beautiful woman with style by the boatload, but I don't think she's looking her best here...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

She really reminds me of Iggy Pop around '75. It's the posture. But if she dyed her hair silver...wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Always perfect! Lovely Carin!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Carine, Icon of Style, not looking so great here, I agree. I love that jacket, though (what I can see of it).

Props to you, Sart, for the serious coup of getting one of your pics of La Roitfeld in her mag! Wow! Tu es arrive (can't find the acute accent in this format, sorry Francophones)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

I really love your blog and the pictures you take, but to be honest the only word I can think of when I see this woman is... SCARY!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

she looks fierce in this photo... excellent.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (1:09 AM) : 

I love her. Congrats for Paris Vogue!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 AM) : 

Ms Roitfeld is a fashion mega-star and when she appears, everybody swoons. She deserves the accolades for her elan and superb sense of style, particularly because she is what the French call belle-laide.

In her 20s and 30s, that bad-boy look she cultivated had great panache and worked for her. But I think it is wearing thin now, partly because she's been doing it too long, and partly that at her age, she can't carry it off the way she used to. Her now 20-something daughter is effortlessly pretty, which only serves to make Mom look like she is trying too hard. And the dramatic posing, a la Galliano at the end of his shows, starts to look a little silly after awhile.

Mind you, I symathize as I am considerably older than Ms. Roitfelt, but there comes a time when you just can't pretend anymore.

One of the great things Sartorialist does is give us superb examples of older men and women who maintain a great sense of style and fashion -- and it works precisely becasuse they have too much dignity to be anything but who they are.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

congrats!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Miss Roitfield's hair looks a bit disheveled
but her outfit is certainly fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

You have to come to Barcelona!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Wow. Vogue is very wonderfull!*-*
When I think an this woman, i must think on this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7uk99XzsU

She is amazing! (:

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting