This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Dries Van Noten Shop in Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dries Van Noten Shop in Paris

I hear that Dries is preparing to open a new shop in Paris.

The shop here in Antwerp is closed to transition into Spring 2007.

I will try very hard to get shots of the shop while I am in Paris the next few days.

Most of the photos I am taking here in Antwerp will appear on my GQ page.

I have gotten some great images, a great mix of the cutting edge and the traditional that makes Antwerp so interesting.

The fashion school here is incredible , it is so inspiring to see how proud the faculty is of their students and how happy the students are to be there.

If only Project Runway could have been based in Antwerp!

While I was at the school today Walter Van Beirendonck was working very closely with the 4th year students on their final collection. Couldn't you just imagine watching him on the students back instead of Tim Gunn!

Comments on "Dries Van Noten Shop in Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

wow that sounds like the total opposite of parsons. i'm in the fashion department--i love it don't get me wrong-- but most of the time i am just lacking in sleep and look miserable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

"If only Project Runway could have been based in Antwerp!"...


I love Antwerp! I think the USA should find that level of public awareness about the value of cutting edge fashion, design & art that is so Dutch, for the sake of being in the vanguard. It is sad to think that all the resources in America can not produce a city with such creative edge and dominance as Antwerp. Yeah NYC, San Francisco, even Minneapolis are great design centers... But there is something missing...the political responsibility towards design research and development perhaps...? When education is not a priority for governments, being in the vanguard becomes a matter of hope.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Wow that is so amazing! I totally agree. Fashion students overseas have the opportunity to receive more nurturing from key influential figures in fashion. Kim Jones, Bernhard Wilhelm, and Walter Van Beirendonck all contribute valuable advice to fashion schools overseas. Fashion students in America are only met with harsh criticism and discouragement from some washed up/jaded professors with an "I've got mine, now you get yours" mentality. All in all, it's up to the individual to get the most out of their fashion school experience. Oh yeah and I'm so over Tim Gunn!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

Can you provide a direct link to your page in GQ? It is maddengly hard to find on their website. Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Antwerp is truly one of my favorite cities in the world. I was there exactly a year ago and ironically there on the Saturday that Dries unveiled his spring stuff LAST year! Enjoy! and have a waffle and some Pierre Marcolini chocolates, they are life changing.
~Dan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

I adore Dries Van Noten! His clothes are exquisite. I just wish I could afford to buy them... sigh! I have a pair of delicately beaded Dries flats that I bought at Winners for $29.99. I think they made a mistake on the price. I would love to see photos of his Paris store.

I think your blog is fantastic and inspirational. I have a small wish: I would love to see you feature a few more "average" sized women. I know there are chic ones out there who really know how to dress to flatter their womanly shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 AM) : 

yesturday i have seen, while passing in front of the shop, which one is wonderfully based on the front of the river Seine, many workers trying hard to finish the works inside, and also many of very chic DVN collaborators, it will be nice to shoot this contrast of worksuit in the same precious area under progress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 AM) : 

Scott,

the Dries van Noten shop is amazing, I wouldnt call it a shop but a salon or an appartment. It is like a ¨cabinet de curosite¨ loads of delicate details and interesting mixes, actually you are not there to shop maybe even the clothing is the least interesting in the whole place, dont take me wrong the collection this season is Fab, but the enviroment where it is hanging is just stunning; You will love it !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 AM) : 

... We maybe will have our cup of teas there instead of all the ¨kir¨i had in the bar next door during fashionweeks..

it is a great place to hang out actually during fashion week, well chosen place and what a view..

This all sounds like real Pr for DVN, but please check it out and enjoy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 AM) : 

.. by the way , Project Runway is a slap in the face for all the hard working, talented creatives with fabulous backgrounds and depth thanks as well to great people like Walter van Beirendonck and all other fearless creatures..

If fashion is that easy and ridiculous why do we bother to have a huge industry around.. if so lets re-invent the tailor and couturier or just ¨EMAUS¨

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Your Antwerp photos have been great, some real individual styles.

Good to hear Dries is opening in Paris: His Bon Marché corner is always busy as is the recently opened menswear corner in Printemps.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

"While I was at the school today Walter Van Beirendonck was working very closely with the 4th year students on their final collection. Couldn't you just imagine watching him on the students back instead of Tim Gunn!"

Nina Garcia would of had nothing to say. Dries Van Noten,... you lucky guy. Bring us back a suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

that is so Dutch

I already apologize in case I missunderstood what you were implying, but just to make sure everybody else gets it right: Antwerp is Belgian and not Dutch! =) Take it from me -a petite Belgian- that there is quite a big difference between the 2 countries and its cultures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 PM) : 

The van noten's shop opened the 23 january. It is betwen rue Bonaparte and quai Malaquais. They are not menswear but a new shop will be open soon. Ah! and you must take a rendez vous for open the shop.
R.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Dries Van Noten is my favorite designer. Since more than 10 years, I buy clothes from Dries. The flagstore in Antwerp is outstanding and a great inspiration for me. Every season, I am choosing different pieces. I have several pants, shirts and also a suit designed by Dries. The salespersons in Antwerp are very friendly and helpful and they give you good advice. When you wear Dries Van Noten, you can show your personality. I really like his style and I recognize people who are loving his style!

 

Blogger Linapina said ... (4:26 AM) : 

I hate to say this, but this is the first time that I actually read your blog. Not just watch the pictures. And I love it! You've got such a lovely sence of humour, and you tell your little anecdots in a slightly sarcastic way, but with love. From now on, I promise that I won't just watch the pictures because your blog is totally worth it! /Lina

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting