This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At The Shows.....Bold on Bold, Calvin Klein Show

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, January 07, 2007

At The Shows.....Bold on Bold, Calvin Klein Show

If you have a boldly patterned shirt you almost have to work it back to an equally bold patterned tie.

Comments on "At The Shows.....Bold on Bold, Calvin Klein Show"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Nobody does it quite like Mr. Bowles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

I just wish that for once in my life I would really meet a man dressed like that. Of course his eyes are just adorable as well...

 

Blogger Eric Hancock said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I think the glasses make all the difference.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Nobody does pattern better than Hamish Bowles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

I would love to see the picture in colour. please upload it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Bowles is the master. Now I know what glasses I should have. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Very dandyish, nothing better than bold statements pulled off with flair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Yes I would love to see it in color too! color makes a difference...
Hes the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

what a great combo.

I'd also love to see it in color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 PM) : 

So riotously cute!
Swoon...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Hamish is always into his patterns - he pulls it off everytime! Ilove how his style hasnt changed much over the years, he must be very content!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Wow, this shot is so cool. Very inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

It seems a little busy to me. The patterns conflict because they're of similar scale. Though with help from the frames and personality, he is able to pull it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I really like his tie, Sat would you happen to know what it is made of?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

The glasses just simply tie the prints together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Brave gentleman... Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

I think he is wearing the exact same shirt and tie combo on Sept. 17, 2006 in a pic on your blog. That picture is in color (shirt: purple, tie: black hounds tooth). He looked cool there too but attitude is what sells it...Mr. Bowles has a PhD. in style. On most people (read: 90%) it would be a train wreck. Funny how much attitude and chutzpah carry the day. A lesson for us all (o.k. for me..)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

I want to work at a place where the men think to dress like this. (Did I mention I'm in the fashion-challenged Philadelphia suburbs? I guess I should keep dreaming.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

holy patterns, batgirl.

this man is adorable as well. he's probably gay....not that there is anything wrong with that, of course.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

Hamish Bowles is a style icon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

oh mr bowles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 AM) : 

I wish more men would wear glasses, but glasses with some hmmm, how do you say...character. not trendy hip styles.

thank you!

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (12:41 AM) : 

The patterns just seem to blend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 AM) : 

Wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 AM) : 

Intricate and executed handsomely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 AM) : 

How interesting; I didn't notice the shirt/tie combo until after I inspected his glasses (which, IMO, are far more interesting) and smirk.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Love the whole look! The geek glasses, the mismatched prints, the bemused expression all add up so nicely.
Lately I have taken to wearing mismatched prints and suprising shots of color which all somehow go together and I love how it looks!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:07 AM) : 

It looks great on Mr Bowles. His glasses and his hair all look right too. Plus his little grin!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

I knew it was Hamish! The guy always reminds me of Yves St. Laurent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

I heart Hamish. His photos at style.com show several examples of a paisley tie with a plaid shirt, a combination I have been wanting to try myself but have been doubtful about. Maybe now I will have the courage.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

not only do his hair and glasses complement the outfit, but so does his face - the expression and more so the actual bone structure. perfect

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I LOVE to mix patterns as much as possible, but as the person said before me just a little to close in scale. I find it very confusing to the eye. Really did not care for it in the 70's (Those large prints and patterns) and certainly don't like it now. Sorry Mr. Bowles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

I've looked and looked at this photo, but I just can't like these patterns. Too over the top, not to mention hard on the eyes.
Sorry -- but as they say, de gustibus non disputandum est.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting