This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Pitti Uomo...The Italian Movie Star

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

At Pitti Uomo...The Italian Movie Star

I met this gentleman last summer in Milan when I was at Brunello Cucinelli. He reminds me of a 1940's Italian movie star. He just has that look.

Comments on "At Pitti Uomo...The Italian Movie Star"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Ah, we missed you.

This speaks of romance to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

I think his trousers are too slim-probably the "Italian look." Otherwise, he's wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

i don't like the shoes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

the shoes look too heavy and weigh down the slim cut of his suit. looks great shoes up, but the feet are killing an otherwise nice monochromatic look

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:15 PM) : 

Do like the palette and the sweater.

But the jacket seems a bit too small even within the context of close-fitting, and don't dig the shoes, which are over-scaled. If you're going to do the short-pants thing, seems to me you need to be particularly sensitive to footwear, which will be on display more than ever....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Handsome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 PM) : 

The fit does look slimer than what I'm used to. I'll be interested to see wha t other pictures look like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

Gray flannel sidewalk, accessorized with tweed bench and complimented by tweed brick wall. If only the sky had been a little bluer, to match the shirt. So nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

My first thought was: you know you're in Europe when men's suiting is cut very closely.
Don't hate me for this but my second thought was: gosh, these clothes and shoes remind me of PeeWee Herman. But, you know, PeeWee was dapper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

too much grey - he's trying too hard to be fashionable, thus he doesn't look timeless at all...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Oh, I think the shoes make the outfit and give the suit a needed edge. The pants, however, are a tad too tight. I prefer to have to guess whether a gentleman dresses left or right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 PM) : 

the muted colour scheme is fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

If that suit were even a tiny, tiny bit smaller, it'd be awful. As it is, it's pretty amazing (even though I agree with 'get smart' on the shoes).

Great blog, Sart! I love your attention to detail - it's like looking at fashion as though it were [wearable] art.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

He looks for dapper. And I admire the blue and grey palette. I also find it interesting that an older gentleman would wear a slimmer cut trouser.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 PM) : 

I agree, there is a heaviness to the silhouette the shoes cut, but I like how they keep him from being an impossibly dandy Dandy. Seems that he's cutting a refreshingly different silhouette from all the other Papagallos at Pitti.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 AM) : 

I love the slight misfit of his suit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

I love everything about it -- the color, the fit and the style. What is interesting to me is that an American guy his age will probably never wear a suit cut like that. That is why I admire the Italians.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Immaculate silhouette!I suspect many people will have opinions on his personal quirks (slim trousers, casual boots, crew neck etc..), however, there is no question about whether or not this man has style.....no brainer as far as I'm concerned!

Scott did you ask him who his tailor was?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

I think everyone is missing what is so great about this look, and I have to think it is over their heads. It is a look that references a whole different history than New York, and a whole different way of life and thinking. That is what is so brilliant about you showing it. I like the American look, too, but his isn't that. This is the product of a culture that sees everything uniquely, from love, to men, to women, to clothing, to business. We don't have to adopt it, just consider it. Consider what it means about the way he sees being and preparing for a day in his life. Consider what his life must look like through his eyes in order to dress this way. It's a whole different melody than America. Heck, it is a whole different scale. It's brilliant. Like bird watching on another continent.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:28 AM) : 

That's a lovely shade of grey. Goes beautifully with the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

It's so funny when I see men wear pants that tight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

that's edoardo siminoe of BC. a true sartorialist and a very snappy dresser. cheers mate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

The shoes are totally the right colour for this, I just wish the soles weren't so thick.

I was initially attracted to, and untimately rejected, his approach to the tie & crewneck sweater. Normally, I'd opt for a v-neck if I'm wearing a tie, although my Dad is a great one for ties and crew-necks ... but he just pulls on the sweater (leaving a glimpse of the tie only) rather than pulling the tie knot out for display as this chap has unfortunately done. That caught my eye at first, but on reflection I find it to be too pre-meditated to really work.

But his suit rocks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

i was just thinking about blue shirts under this color of gray suit

 

Blogger DK said ... (9:43 PM) : 

It's a bit Thom Browne-ish. Maybe the shoes are a bit heavy for this outfit (in my opinion). Not really my thing, but I admire the fact that he wears his on style with flair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

anyone else notice that the jacket buttonholes are also slanted? i haven't seen these in other jackets with hacking pockets.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Export Manager Mr. Edoardo Simone of Brunello.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting