This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

What Influenced Me When I Was Young - Aldo Fallai for Armani

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What Influenced Me When I Was Young - Aldo Fallai for Armani






These are some of the Aldo Fallai photos that I remember loving so much when I was growing up.

Like I said in my contest post these were images that ,as a kid in Indiana, I could relate to - I had a family, I rode a bike, I played basketball - but it was all projected in a way that was a little more dreamy and romantic than what I saw around me. Too bad Armani has gotten so far away from these type of images.

Comments on "What Influenced Me When I Was Young - Aldo Fallai for Armani"

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing - I have never seen these ads...Im loving everyone's style answers - Ive printed out 70 pages of comments to read tonight at home! cool!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Beautiful and very inspiring!!

I can almost see the influences of these photographs in your work. Stylish wonderful pieces worn in everyday settings - yet there is nothing 'everyday' about them. They are so artfully done. Elegant. Such an eye for each detail. Clearly and wonderfully presented.

The same way I would describe your work!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (6:27 PM) : 

ads always look better than reality. those are seductive images. the reality was men wandering around in oversize suits with too big shoulders and sleeves rolled up. the 80s were probably the worst decade for suits after the 70s.

 

Blogger marie said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Thank you for sharing the photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

With the exception of the middle shot, I would have sworn these were current photos just done up in B&W.

Now THAT'S classic style!

mltt

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (1:28 AM) : 

Herrringbonekid, I have to disagree about your notion of 80's suits! Those Armani suits in Sart's ads are beautiful, and would look great today; I was just thinking how well they've held up. I can't abide Armani's style currently though; everything seems so middle brow and middle aged.

I confess that I'm feeling inspired tonight as a new vintage clothing store has opened up in Union Square SF, 'Torso', and I bought an 80's couture Issey Miyake grey shiny wool/nylon suit. It's straight off the runway, and an amazing design. Yes, the legs need to be straightened out a little, and I'll have the shoulders squared up just slightly, but the suit is a killer as it stands, and I'm bringing into a more contemporary look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 AM) : 

so beautiful and so real.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

so beautiful and so real.

 

Blogger SuzieMoi said ... (4:55 AM) : 

I do not agree at all with your opinion of Armani having left away that style. Giorgio Armani (1st line) is still that elegant, atemporal style though also cool and fashion. Other lines have other styles because other lines have been born and brought by to achieve other stlyles and public.

 

Blogger qi said ... (6:11 AM) : 

Those were the days... :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 AM) : 

I remember these...loved them myself. Back then Armani was so much more focused, both in menswear and womenswear. Nowadays with the strange hats and puff shorts....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

I remember these...loved them myself. Back then Armani was so much more focused, both in menswear and womenswear. Nowadays with the strange hats and puff shorts....

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Vintagegent, i agree that the suits in the ad look good, although the shoulders are too big especially the one on the right. it's what they INSPIRED that was more the problem.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Perhaps it's misguided to expect the couture in the photo to behave similarly in life.

Shots like these live (gorgeously!) in and of themselves; they evoke a world with reference to ours, but one that is also autonomous. Their great value lies in what they excite in us as we look at them...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

these are simply great pics! they make me slightly foolish and hopeful at the same time.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting