This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

VINCENT & EDGAR, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

VINCENT & EDGAR, New York






These images remind me of the opening title sequence from some 30's movie
To see these images larger just click on the image

Labels:

Comments on "VINCENT & EDGAR, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Or "Last Year at Marienbad."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

wow. i think my blood pressure just went up several points and i've broken into a sweat. i know 'tis better to give than to receive, but one has to draw the line somewhere. yoohoo, santa baby...

btw...thanks for enabling the enlarge feature...my middle-aged peepers are much obliged.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 AM) : 

Elegant, timeless and lovely. Reminder of the importance of good design. I especially love the sign and the shadow on drapery. This is why I check out your site everyday. Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 AM) : 

those shoes are not looking so fresh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Really nice shots. I luuurve the 2nd to the last picture! I would TOTALLY wear that shoe! AND I love black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 AM) : 

amazing! love your pics Sart

 

Blogger Sam and Iso said ... (4:18 AM) : 

I love brogues so this shop is like heaven to me. Another reason to return to New York!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (4:24 AM) : 

you're not kidding !
is that a bespoke shoe shop ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 AM) : 

It's hard for me to wax about the pictures - which are really nice- when the subject is shoes.

The mens' are OK, but those pumps! They look lovely AND they look like you could wear and walk in them.

Gotta go there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 AM) : 

If there's one thing that tops my love for Mary Janes, it's brogue.

I'm confused, though, is this an establishment that still exists and creates shoes? I hope so; shoe-making is a dying art.

Cobblers of the world unite!

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 AM) : 

Oh, and like positively the same dame, the extra large pictures are much appreciated.

Thank you!

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 AM) : 

address please! i need to support local business.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Wonderfully atmospheric photos; the use of black and white further dramatizes the shoes, which are, God knows, already stage worthy...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

These photos play music into my head. I am positively in love... Would you ever sell prints of these? I would be first in line. They speak magic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Absolutely stunning photography!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Very nice pictures and cool name for a shop. Wonder what Vicent and Edgar look like.
Good idea to use Black & White.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Beautiful pics!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I must posess those shoes. Where is that place?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Sart, like I said in my P.S. at your new Tod's desert boot comments, suede is the way to go. So much richness and depth; like velvet for leather.These shoes and pics bring that richness and depth to the eye. I haven't crossed paths with this shop...but now I want to.
- JCH

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Beautiful photos. Love the shadows. All very elegant!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Talking about images: You know what? You should publish your "On The Street....." photos (I love them!) as post cards, posters or at least as a book.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Those kind of boutiques that had their days 20+ years back, make me very sad. Nice pics though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Great shoes, great pics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

yay for Vincent and for Edgar, too! those are beautiful shoes and nice b/w photos, Sart! thanks for showing me a shop I've never been to - maybe I'll get to NYC in the spring...

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Beautiful series.

Want those pumps. No, scratch that: NEED those pumps.

 

Blogger S. said ... (12:58 PM) : 

How wonderful!

I wonder how many businesses like this still exist and if young people are taking up this tradition (of both craftsperson and patron)?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I absolutley love brogues, and the mood of these photos epitomize the style of the shoe. love love love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

beauuutiful, thank you so much!
and also for the enlarging abilities, now i don;t have to squint :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Fabulous photos. Great eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

really good pics, the reflection of the signs on the curtain.. it gives me a shiver

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

I want #4!
Dusty nostalgia.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

What and where is that shop exactly? I can't believe I've never heard of it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Vincent & Edgar is a bespoke shoe shop. Very expensive!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

My compliments, beautiful images!

 

Blogger Erin said ... (10:08 PM) : 

This series is stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 AM) : 

You could definitely call them and ask but I'd be surprised if a bespoke pair is less than $3,000.

 

Blogger Aurora said ... (1:50 AM) : 

Beautiful pictures!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

shop is at 972 Lexington & 71st St.
love the old world feel of the shoes & the pics. i would love to go to the cobbler school in london to learn how to make these type of shoes!

 

Blogger marie said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I love the details on the shoe in the bottom photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

absolutely beautiful pictures!! so classy!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Did Roman let you take a picture of him? I was considering using him because of the ebullient praise by Kabbaz and Flusser. But he has the reputation to be somewhat of a misanthrope.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

These shoes are just amazing !
They would be perfect with my blue suit...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Hi, I've owned a pair of shoes by Roman for 10 years - they are the best I've ever owned - even better than ones handmade in London. I'm going back for more - you should too.

 

Blogger Oleg Igorin said ... (1:15 AM) : 

Beautiful photos! I have a pair to add

 

Anonymous Kartina said ... (2:33 PM) : 

The last Shoes

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting