This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street....Fifth Avenue, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, December 15, 2006

On The Street....Fifth Avenue, Manhattan

I like this jacket but is it outerwear or a sportcoat? I think it might look a little odd with a jacket underneath but the sleeve-cuff detail makes me think it could only be outerwear.

Maybe the answer is just how he is wearing it - over a sweater.

Comments on "On The Street....Fifth Avenue, Manhattan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

looks like a piece from engineered garments?

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I know what you mean SAR.....i can say that I personally have a Blazer that is similar to this .......as it is an outerwear piece but not to be worn over a another jackt or suit necessarily. I would call it an AMPHIBOUS piece ...since it can seve as outerwear annd if you go inside you don't have to take it back as it sort oof metamorphisizes into a casual jacket.....I love it!!...altough I found myself not being able to wear at as much as I thought I would considering mine is velvet.
THANKS

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Would call it outerwear for days that aren't too chilly; and maybe innerwear (did I just invent a word?) if worn opened, inside. (Hmmm. Maybe that wouldn't work....)

Like his whole look, and the glasses particularly. As with the right hat or collar, glasses can do good things....

 

Blogger Murph said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Looks like it's trying to be a Filson.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

it looks like a hunting jacket. Glenurquhart plaid, deep pockets for ammo and holding rabbits or birds, padded right shoulder to compensate for recoil. Either way that it very good looking

 

Blogger FeFe said ... (10:50 PM) : 

I agree with you Sart that it appears to be outerwear...just very slim fitting. It seems to be a great piece because of it's versatility.
I love his entire look. It is refreshing and modern yet with a classic sensibility. My goodness, there are so many attractive men in NY!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Looks like a light outerwear piece to me, meant to be worn exactly as he's wearing it, with a sweater underneath. It's a nice topper, actually. Very clean lines but just enough details to make it interesting.

- Fashionfanatic60

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

It's called a shirt jacket and is definitely considered outerwear. You see a lot of this amongst country gents. Yes it looks great with a sweater underneath.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Would love to know who makes that garment. It looks fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

he is soo soo cute!! great picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

jacket is nice.

khakis would've gone better with it.

 

Blogger Dan said ... (12:25 AM) : 

Hi Sart,

That looks a lot like a keeper's jacket to me. J. Peterman had one with a leather gunrest and similar detailing on the front:

http://images12.fotki.com/v242/photos/8/83243/2460556/1404_Keepers_Tweed_Blazer-vi.jpg

If I'm right, it's both outerwear and a rather informal blazer. Great picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 AM) : 

Looks like outerwear to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 AM) : 

I love that jacket, and it yes, it does remind me of a piece I saw in an Engineered Garments collection earlier this year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 AM) : 

This is an Oliver Spencer coat. It is fashioned after a shooting jacket, and would not work as an overcoat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

I LOVE THIS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 AM) : 

I'd say accessorise that jacket with war medals of some sort, and give it a little bit of Beatles look.

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (9:04 AM) : 

It's outerwear

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Any jacket with bellowed utility pockets ought to be considered outerwear. He wears it perfectly, outdoors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 AM) : 

the jacket is cute & so is he!

would've loved to see him with some kind of hat on.

the jacket is versatile because it can look preppy but can also look military style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

I have this jacket also. It's Oliver Spencer (bought Fall 2005). It's a slim fit, so a suit underneath would not work. it also has a belt (which I just tie in the back). This jacket gets lots of compliments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

This jacket kills me, I can't believe you guys knew it's Oliver Spencer (who I had never heard of before, and now love), well, yeah, of course you guys would know, and I had to go look on their web site because Mr. V would look stunning in this jacket. (Ward's photo made me go buy a Pendelton off eBay; I'm easy like that). Anyway, yes, it's from 2005, and apparently unavailable now, dammit.

Pos/Neg "I screamed when I saw his pic on here." This just made me laugh, I can totally imagine people doing that all the time when they see their friends on The Sartorialist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Oliver Spencer + Rich Bourque ='s sexy beast...

it's outerwear, not to be worn with a sports coat, yada, yada. got to his new shop on West 11th and Greenwhich (across from the spotted pig.)

or go to Odin. Oliver makes great outerwear.

www.oliverspencer.co.uk

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 AM) : 

The eyeglasses are too small.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting