This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Brown/Metalic, Uptown

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

On The Street......Brown/Metalic, Uptown

The other day I did a post about Brow/Black color combo.

Yesterday I saw this young lady and I thought her Brown/Metallic color story was really great.

Also I usually think of a plaid coat as country-ish and more cozy but she gives it a bit of city edge working it back to the silver metallic.

Comments on "On The Street......Brown/Metalic, Uptown"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Great look!...but I would have liked to see her face to complete the picture. Did she request anonimity?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:19 AM) : 

yes

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Wow - she looks fantastic! I love the composition of this photo - looks great as a 'piece' of style not being able to see her face. I love her chunky ring too. That coat and the boots are excellent - she has true style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Scott, I love your blog, but sometimes I find it so depressing. I mean, I think I have an eye for style and I can put myself together (when I'm not having one of those "I'm too cold to think" days), but then I look at your pictures and I read the comments and I just feel so unstylish it keeps me up at night. I wish I were 12 again, putting together my crazy outfits (tartan tights, anyone?). Anyway, thank you for these pieces of inspiration. At the very least, they motivate me to try and find my inner stylist again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Wonderful shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

LIKE: Wonderful classic coat. She's very cosmopolitan and sophisticated. The height of the boots is perfect and lovely accesories.

DISLIKE: The boots are too bright that they overwhelm the coat. Maybe something a little more subtle or a shade that picks up one of the darker grey lines of the coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

::applauds wildly:: Well done!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Great outfit, woman of mystery!

Frequently I don't love outfits without much color, but there are enough twists here to make her very stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

That is almost a PERFECT shot except for that thing behind her -- I first thought it was a shopping bag but whatever it is, I find it distracting and out of place in this otherwise-stunning photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

The outfit works cuz the jacket brings it together. What's silver metallic here? The boots?

The question leads me to ask, Sart, whether it's possible to have the pictures be even BIGGER when we click on them to enlarge.

Please?

No really...please?

Seeing the finer details of some outfits (and I know you lovingly point them out to us every so often) would be even more splendorific.

mltt

 

Blogger marie said ... (12:34 PM) : 

The metallic boots reminds me of the cartoon "The Jetsons." Not sure why, but it does. I do love the overall look though.

 

Blogger Another Shade of Grey said ... (1:43 PM) : 

The boots match her buttons.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Beautiful trench coat, I love the plaid wool style and yes you are right about the boots, they add the zipp!

Aren't there more dressed up people out in the city now close to year's end and holidays?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM) : 

I love the color of the boots against the gray on the ground and in the back

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

the colors of the coat are wonderful -- such a wonderful shade of brown, accented by those pewter buttons, which she has emphasized to great effect with the boots and the ring. nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

That is a wonderful outfit.

Metallics are such great neutrals. Sometimes it's too much but this outfit is not overdone - this outfit is just right.

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I love the boots --they make her look like a statue that's coming to life from head to toe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Hey, that's really great! I love your blog.

P.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Give her credit for trying something different, but I think a black wool coat with those boots, or brown leather boots with the coat she's wearing, would have better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Sart, Please include larger files to view when we click on them. It can be sometimes difficult to see the photos on small laptops and poor quality monitors.

Thanks

 

Blogger yatália said ... (5:30 PM) : 

wow
gorgeous

 

Blogger Q said ... (7:33 PM) : 

This coat is so amazing. I have a similar style in red. But not so much for function, I'm usually freezing once I'm out the door. =\

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Love it! The mix of plaid with metallic is something I never would have thought of ... now I'll pull out my metallic cowboy boots and try it ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

i love this it's subtle version of the futuristic look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 PM) : 

The reason it works is because the buttons on the coat give off a sheen that is a bit "metallic" looking. It's subtle, but the outfit does look great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Love this...she takes tweed to a whole new level.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 AM) : 

I just love her coat! And her chunky ring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

I love the country-city-disco-office vibe, she could go anywhere in that outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Its funny, the reaction against the bright boots and the colourful patch in the background (whatever it is). They bring to mind the expression "staring yourself blind" .
Looking to much into a photo will ultimately leave you with less. Outfits are not made for hours of scrutiny, but just for looking at as you interact with the wearer.
And if you just met this girl, all you would know is that she´s very well dressed. Her presence would make you forget the careful analysis. Had she worn your duller boots, she would have seemed a less interesting.
As for the bright patch, it is a necessary counterweight to the rest of the picture. All greys makes for a boring picture..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

luv it!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Awesome! That's elegance at its best! Beautiful shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

this is one of the most beautiful shots you have taken, sart. absolutely love it.

-brandon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

this woman looks like eryka badu...her style is unmistakable. perhaps that's why her face is not shown?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Those lips look suspiciously like Erykah Badu's...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

a killing combination. in a good way, of course.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Great Shot! I think it makes the picture a little bit weird without the face... Greetz from Germany, Jan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

!!WOW! This rocks. This look is Tina Turner, Pam Grier(sp?) in a trench! This is Shaft all the way and this white girl is LOVING it!

No wonder she wanted to remain anonymous. She didn't want to blind us with too much coolality all at once!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 AM) : 

Don't need to see her face. Hawt.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting