This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street... Lower Fifth Ave., New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, December 16, 2006

On The Street... Lower Fifth Ave., New York

Click on photo to enlarge image

Comments on "On The Street... Lower Fifth Ave., New York"

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Libertine?

 

Blogger j3black said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Let the eagle soar!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

At first I thought he must have been wearing his jacket while painting. But I see that it is a dove. Great attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

He has a nice Northern European musician look and a very amiable face. And I like the re-appropriated jacket with the kitschy bird, which reflects the current hot, hot trend in print, textiles and home design. It's a trend I've been seeing for quite awhile though -- I'm personally wary of investing in too much birdy design because I think the trend will reach critical mass and go right to overkill.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

My first thought was Libertine as well ;-)

I like his smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Nice face, but the rest ...

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I've always shied away from buying jackets with graphics on them, preferring to make my own sartorial jokes. This fellow seems to have pulled it off.
Now I'll have to re-think the Comme de Garcon suit with white boot-prints on the lapel, which I saw at a vintage store...

 

Blogger DK said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I, as well, thought that he may have splashed a bit of paint on his jacket.

Either way, this is a great casual look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

i don't see whats special about this ensemble? i detest painted blazers ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Thanks for posting larger pictures.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (12:10 PM) : 

At first glance, I also thought that the eagle decor was paint; delightful surprise to discover otherwise.

Am all in favor of this kind of jacket personalization....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Love the whimsey . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Love it! He looks like a cool Brit to me :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Amazing style ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Totally hot; a peaceful guy! Love the dove!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Funny, I thought the exact same thing janvangogh did until I took a closer look. I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Perfection. Just the rght amount of humor.

 

Blogger yatália said ... (6:16 PM) : 

great prints

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

you know what would really make this look even cooler for me, if he put the birds on there himself. i hope he did.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

why the remote in his hand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

He's adorable but I think he could have worn a different scarf. This one should either be longer or wider or both. The ironic expression is great and his outfit reflects his confidence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

When I saw the photo I thought "Peace be with you", because I thought that is is a dove. Cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

perfection? it looks like he got everything at urban outfitters. He's got a nice face, but you guys are crazy...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 AM) : 

Dime a dozen trendy. I also dislike the cell-phone as accessory look. He seems happy...I'm a complete misanthrope.

 

Blogger Q said ... (4:46 AM) : 

I love this quirky guy; such the intellectual. Can anyone confirm the brand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

As far as tired looks go, jackets with screenprinting are way up there. I can't really understand how this look got popular in the first place. Screenprinting on anything other than t-shirts is a bad idea, and even then, proceed with caution.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

A guy carrying a handbag...don't see much of that where I live. I like his bad too. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

anonymous 1.02 maybe he is holding the phone cos he just used it. Why, because it's in his hand do you assume it is an accessory rather than functional, and WHY in general do some people make it their goal in life to nit-pick about these strangers (who are nice enough to agree to being photographed for our viewing pleasure) as much as possible?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

Very nice. Casual and tailored. He looks very comfortable in his clothes and not like he's wearing a cool-hipster-guy costume.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Nothing special at all, except for his good nature. Screenprinted thrift jacket, bad jeans; meh all over.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Nice touch on the jacket but it needs a better scarf! This one looks like Army surplus...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

I think he's really cool and totally hot, I bet he's a nice southern gentleman who makes a mean batch of cheese grits. Or maybe he's some kinda architect. I also imagine he has a gigantic cat. Anyone agree?

 

Blogger shanghaithong said ... (2:46 AM) : 

Love his jacket. I believe sometimes we have to veer away from being plain and just go for prints. This isn't over the top, just right. And I love how he just wrapped his scarf around randomly. He sure pulled it off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 AM) : 

an incredibly attractive look ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

at first i thought they were paint smudges on his jacket, and i thought they were cool. now i see they're eagles, and i don't like it as much. but it's ok. paint that flew off a canvas you were working on is way sexier.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting