This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....The Dancer, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On The Street.....The Dancer, Manhattan

I love that three-quarters length sleeve with the long, fingerless gloves.
I have seen so many giant bags lately but as soon as I saw that one I knew she was a dancer.

Comments on "On The Street.....The Dancer, Manhattan"

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (7:43 AM) : 

yeah, the bottle of water is another clue next to the bag...and all dancers love 3/4 length sleeves..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Absoulutly bueatiful. She is very well put together. I adore the 3/4 length sleeves, they are just right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

she's not gonna give you silly little pidgeon toes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

OMG! she ID a dancer! she was at lawrenceville with 11 other dancers and they gave a ballet performance!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

You could always tell a dancer by the way she/he stands and walks too. Where are those gloves from? I've been looking for cashmere fingerless gloves for a long time too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

this is what I wanted to be like when I dreamed of being a dancer as a little girl. *sigh* well, that ship has sailed....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

This makes me want to go out and by a 3/4 sleeve coat....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

My friend (dancer) gets on my (nondancer) case for a) dressing like this b) shopping at dance stores... but such chic clothes. Plus everyone thinks I'm a dancer when I wear my little ABT warm up sweater---MUAHUAHUA!

This girl is lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

My friend (dancer) gets on my (nondancer) case for a) dressing like this b) shopping at dance stores... but such chic clothes. Plus everyone thinks I'm a dancer when I wear my little ABT warm up sweater---MUAHUAHUA!

This girl is lovely.

 

Blogger Shopaholic D said ... (3:48 PM) : 

love her scarf...im seeing stripey scarves everywhere!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

I really get a FAME! flashback from seeing her picture.. fame I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly high!

Fame!

I love your blog, please never stop! <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I'm a dancer...
And I looove her outfit! Of course that bag makes sense! I want to be her...!
And, yeah, it's true... all dancer love 3/4 sleeves. is there a better length??

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Again, a cutie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 PM) : 

Wow, that looks like an expensive outfit for a dancer's typical low income. I'm kicking myself for quitting ballet.

 

Blogger missx said ... (8:15 PM) : 

I'm personally not a fan of striped scarves- perhaps this would look better without it? I'm loving the way those gloves work, though.

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (9:19 PM) : 

...and she wears cool jeans!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

She makes me think about me...
Noooo :) it's just that I love the way she wears her clothes... all this thickness of clothes on a delicate person (see her legs), I simply love it !

Thanks for your blog, it's refreshing of fashion for me who lives near Paris in France.

(and sorry for my laborious english)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 AM) : 

To Positively the Same Dame: That's so funny! I looked at the picture and thought she's be a lot less off-putting with pigeon toes. She's kind of intimidating to me. Not the typical Sart photo of women -- he usually captures the approachable side of intimidating women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

i would love to see more photos of dancers and their styles. they are an especially lovely group.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

Funny, you can always tell the dancers in the summer because they're wearing convertible pink tights under their shorts. Didn't think you could spot them in the winter though.

Where are her gloves from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 AM) : 

Where from, the jeans, gloves, bag, scarf, coat? Any ideas?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Now why can't I pull of this look? Oh yeah, I'm a boy. Our clothes suck. All we get are boring slacks and blazers. Please post more guys outfits that are casual like hers, that aren't well-tailored suits. Maybe give the rest of us some hope.

 

Blogger Mary Kathryn Chambers said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Of couse! dancers always have giant bags (for all their gear)! when i go to the studio... i always bring my biggest bag! love the sweater, scarf, and jacket... and the purse and jeans too!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting