This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

In The Window......At Doriani, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, November 13, 2006

In The Window......At Doriani, Milan

I love this mix of plaid tie, striped shirt and pinstriped suit.
This is one of my favorite stores to shop at in Milan.

Comments on "In The Window......At Doriani, Milan"

 

Blogger DK said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Ahhh, but let's not lose sight of how the sky blue cardigan continues with the wonderful insertion of contrast.

I endorse.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Milan seems like a really trendy place to be. Besides the hip cafes, restaurants, nightclubs and, of course, the beautiful (and very well dressed) people is it a nice city?
Is it a first class city like New York and London?
Is it an environmentally correct city? Italy seems to me such a conservative country, beautiful but quite decadent.
Do you get that feeling in Milan?
Love your blog!
sarah

 

Blogger RoseAG said ... (7:18 PM) : 

I love the mix too. Milan is on my list of want to go to. Clearly I'll need to set aside some shopping time!

Still I'm not sure if this surpasses the fellow in NYC last week with the plaid suit and herringbone shirt. I was quite impressed with him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

The soft sweater with the big hem throws a soft, family-man feel at the heart of the sharp businessman suit / blue striped shirt pattern. The wide collar makes him hipper than a regular one. And that coat shape and collar.... shadows!

In all, this combo gently but unmistakably says a lot about the man's layers and depth of personality. What a man if who wears it is what the clothes say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

greys and blues

wonderful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 AM) : 

Categorically........... grand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 AM) : 

Che bella figura

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:53 AM) : 

The cardigan DOES rule.

And the ensemble proposes a lovely and stylistically original way to keep warm....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Pulling off two stripes and a plaid with such panache? Bravissimo!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Thrift stores are a great place to find vintage plaid ties. I didn't know Brooks Brothers made them in the late 60's (nice and skinny), all for $2 today.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:17 PM) : 

That is so beautiful. I think I like the cerulean cardi best. Sorry, I know that "cerulean" is a "Devil Wears Prada" joke, but it's cerulean, so what else was I going to call it? The color play in that outfit is superb.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

The horizontal button holes on the cardigan add a subtle, vintage look for me.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I liked this shirt, tie, coat combo so much I photoshop'ed it onto a picture of me and used it as my drivers licence photo. (Hope I haven't broken too many copyright laws..)
Have to visit this store if I ever come to Milan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 AM) : 

hey there i'm going to milan in september and i was wondering if you have any suggestions to which shopping areas to go too. would definitely love to do some thrift shopping and go vintage haunting. your advice would be greatly appreciated.

xoxo,
Summer

 

Blogger A Wild Score said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Perfect blend of shades that complement one another well without being overpowering

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting