This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

I Think I Have Found A Trend!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Think I Have Found A Trend!

Comments on "I Think I Have Found A Trend!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

i like this trend.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Well, I'll be...darned (no pun intended). Military jacket and tie worn OVER the...well, in this case cowl-necked shirt-over-hoodie. Clearly the next wave.

ALMOST like it....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Amazing blog! I love the pictures.
Have a slew of Marines been giving away their uniforms? I had no idea they were so available to others!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

It's the brass buttons and the novel tie!

How long until it's on runways? Or has it already been there?

 

Blogger Bobble Bee said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Beautiful! This guy really has A style.

I like your photography skills, u really have an eye for lighting. Chapeau

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Since when is "sexiness" a trend, Sart?

Do you mean this military business?

- Dude from Kiehl's with his scarf?
- Andre 3000 reincarnated?

Hmm, I venture a guess that a copy of the latest two editions of Vibe will help uncover this seemingly urban focussed trend.

I'm just guessing, that's all ;-)

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

yeah, you can say that again:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4686/1648/1600/23rd.jpg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 PM) : 

ok, i just really really like this photograph.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

This guy rules.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Where can I get a jacket like this? I'm a girl and I haven't seen any in the womens section of stores.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

I'm digging everything a ton-- except his bottom half is worn a little too skinny.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

This is what I was talking about. Great picture, great style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

For that matter, I am a guy, where can I buy a version of this jacket for me?

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (11:10 PM) : 

Or maybe you foundED it (i.e. people saw it on your site and have picked up the look)...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

thats my friend aaron! impeccable style from head to toe as usual.

 

Blogger russellm said ... (11:57 PM) : 

Ah yes... that's just about how I dressed in 1968 ... Except my tie had a hand painted duck hunting scene and the tunic was a Canadian infantry officer's, WWII vintage. Olive drab but with nice brass buttons. God bless the Sally Anne. Tyr there or an army surpluss store, anon.

 

Blogger russellm said ... (12:00 AM) : 

Ah yes... that's just about how I dressed in 1968 ... Except my tie had a hand painted duck hunting scene and the tunic was a Canadian infantry officer's, WWII vintage. Olive drab but with nice brass buttons. God bless the Sally Anne. Tyr there or an army surpluss store, anon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

people like julain casablancas and carl barat - and their fans - have rocked them for years...these millitary coats are a castoff from indie rock.

that said it is a good look, but it's going the way of the shemag/keffiyah at this point I'm afraid.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 AM) : 

well, i think thats a wave thats been around for a while (jimmy page). im not sure about the jacket, maybe if it was fitted more smoothly, but the rest seems to work pretty well.-ATWR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Likey!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 AM) : 

For Anon 10:41 PM looking for the jacket, i've seen a similar one at kennethcole.com, type in "military jacket."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

The military jacket thing has been done to death in the UK. It's very Top Shop.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan.

 

Blogger Aurora said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Mmm, nice guy :) Love his style...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 AM) : 

The Times has spotted this trend as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/fashion/30CODES.html

 

Blogger Three Repute said ... (4:15 AM) : 

i found marine dress blues at a thrift store in seattle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

or maybe somebody just has seen your blog? ;)

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (4:52 AM) : 

very nice. reminds me of londoners esp. during the 'we all worship the libertines' military jacket phase from a few years back-only more individually stylish, less copycat. love the way he's wearing boots with the jeans though-that's quite different.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:21 AM) : 

I really like the sailor stripes peeking out from under the jacket too! Very nice indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Wow! Another one of these jackets! Where can I get one myself?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

ubber trend ***

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

You posted a similar look recently, yes? I think I prefer the way this gentleman executes the military jacket-over-whatever trend better than the previous post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I think you found several. Military jacket, skinny tie, skinny jeans, varsity scarf: all in one. Who is this fashionista?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Nothing really new actually. Done thousands of time before, and been on european streets for the last couple of years.

This only say to me: The Strokes, Libertines, Will.I.Am (actually all the dudes from Black Eye Peas), D&G (winter 2006), ... any Boys Band (circa 2000) ... which is pretty bad.

At the same time, it also says : Helmut Lang, Junya Watanabe (winter 2006), ... Andre 3000, and this is good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

At first glance I almost thought you were in London again. The skinny jeans thing is all the rage over hurrr...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

its the marine jacket for the american army! I got one from eBay two years ago and tailored it to fit me (I'm a tiny little girl) but I only wore it twice, because then came the whole bloody "napoleon jacket" trend. baah

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

if this is a trend please try to put an end to it. Horrible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

I just have to wonder how he will dress the next day. Cover this guy for a whole week, Sart, and see if he has long-term style or if it's just a one-day thing. Maybe he dresses like that everyday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Seriously, this is too much for me. The jacket is very nice- but overdone with the striped shirt, tie, whatever that hood thing is, skinny jeans into boots. it looks like a costume to me. it's interesting, but too much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

To tamberk...
Not that I read any of those three zines (the closest I come to Vibe is its newish "Vibe Vixen" pub), but Vibe is the first that came to mind as that's my frame of reference.

While I'm not a fashionista by any means, I recognize that cultural communities like mine, as well as others (Harajuku, anyone?) can set fashion trends oft polished with political overtones as I'm more than guessing this miltary/warzone one is.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

the skinny men trend!
i see a lot lately.
i call it the j brand for men trend.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:40 PM) : 

God, he looks so old-school punk/MOD. I love that stovepipe-trousers-with-pointy-shoes look.

 

Blogger S. said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Trend or whatever, he looks good.
I love lean men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

sexy as hell...loved the other marching band jacket shot too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

oh, a military jacket and skinny jeans.. saw so many of them LAST YEAR here in Copenhagen..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Just a Londoner chiming in to say this look is v. London and boring. Skinny jeans on men erm no....

Whoever mentioned Andre 3000 was so wrong for that...he looks nothing like him...such a lazy generalisation to make...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Skinny jeans on men erm YES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:23 PM) : 

I like this shot!
but I don't think it's a military jacket. looks more like a vintage bell-boy jacket.
very interesting outfit all together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

If you see this becoming a trend - shoot me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 AM) : 

The Libertines were over this in 2003.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting