This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Best Of Season.....Yasmin Sewell

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, November 13, 2006

Best Of Season.....Yasmin Sewell

Yasmin is the director of women's buying for Browns of London.

As you can see she really has great style. One thing that I noticed while reviewing these shots is that Yasmin doesn't rely on big time accessories or "must-have" designer pieces but she she really rocks a great haircut and brilliant smile.

Comments on "Best Of Season.....Yasmin Sewell"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 AM) : 

you know i took the last photo of this women and took it to my hairdresser when i got my hair cut. you are absolutely right about her style!

 

Blogger yatália said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Her photos are among my favorites from Europe. Also, her hair is exactly like mine, makes me smile.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (9:55 AM) : 

S: These multi-photo features are so excellent. It's really cool to see multiple looks by a person of such great style. Hers is my absolute favourite kind of dress sense...easy, funky, simple, and strong. Ultra-modern with just a touch of retro feel.

And yeah, L.O.V.E. that hair.

 

Blogger atticus_finch said ... (10:35 AM) : 

yes, great great style...pretty lady as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I adore her look! She is carrying a Chloe Edith bag, though Sart. So she does rely on some designer stuff to get her look going. Designer clothes are great if you an afford them and if you don't wear everything designer at once.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:45 AM) : 

She is my ideal style icon, and your description hits the nail on the head. More more more please! (and thank you!)

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Her style is beautifully simple. And yes, her haircut is superb. A very elegant woman!

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I LOVER HER!!!!....COULDN'T AGREE MORE ...She has great style ...and my fav is no labels ///just a signature look that is personally derived.
Love the hair too...she would look great with that style no matter what she put on....casual, dressy to formal.
My kinda style.
THX

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Simple but unique, and strong. How lovely!

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Her style is not really one of my favourites, just a little bit too much of the same (composition, color, nuances etc.). But nevertheless - she looks great.

 

Blogger june plum said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Where did that gray coat come from. Where can I get a coat with a neck exactly like that.

 

Blogger G said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I don't know...to me women with this kind of style look like unmade beds. I can't get with it.

 

Blogger Camille Acey said ... (11:16 AM) : 

WOW! I think I've found my new style and beauty icon! If someone could tell me where that coat from the top was from, I would be forever grateful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Yasmin has great style. I love her looks, especially the third photo from the top. Brown's must have ana mazing women's dept,

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (11:21 AM) : 

She's fantastic! Way to work those neutrals. (She is carrying a Balenciaga bag in that first pic, though so she's not eschewing designer accessories altogether.)

In my next life, I want her hair, too.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:57 AM) : 

She might not follow the biggest trends but she is in deed aware of design and she has her own set of trends. She is definetly supporting labels with her choices. My point: she has access to designers and she has managed to have her personal sartorial explorations by belonging to the fashion arena. Fashionable woman mostly by profession, all this done in a very pleasant measure.

 

Blogger Gidget Bananas said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I lust after that dress-like trench coat she's wearing in the top picture.

 

Blogger () said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I agree, her style is great. she's not trying too hard, being herself without going over the top.

and the hair! I want it. Would you happen to have a shot form the back? ;)

 

Blogger marie said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I love the coat she is wearing in the first photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

I strive for this kind of style and poise, with nowhere near as much success, I'm afraid. I particularly loved the pic of her in the round sunglasses, so thanks for putting it up again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Wow, she's just lovely. Very simple style, gorgeous hair and the best skin. Shows you don't have to be all about leggings and neon to be lovely.

 

Blogger Q said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Wow, she looks good. Almost makes me want to chop all my hair off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

always love to see this very beautfil and just lovely aussie girl :D

scott i agree, the multipicture thing is great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Love Yasmin whatever she's wearing. Understated, classy - best dressed Australian ever!

 

Blogger jawcey said ... (5:32 PM) : 

yep - her look is so classy. gorgeous without too much flash. i love it. stylish on every level.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Wonderful post. You should do this every now and then to showcase one person in different styles. You have shot the same people before but never grouped them into one post. Well done and dead-on with the comments. She is one to be emmulate. I am smitten...why can't I find women like this in NYC?!?!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

I agree. Yasmin is one stylish woman. Her clothes are NOT like a walking advertisement for one designer, and she looks comfortable: her look gives the impression of being effortless. To fig, who compares her with an unmade bed... Style should look effortless, not like it's the no.1 agenda in your day. That smacks of narcissism.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Yasmin always looks great - it helps that she has such a beautiful, nymph-like figure though, for the proportions that she likes to wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Not to pick nits, but doesn't a "brilliant smile" typically involve, you know, smiling? With some minimal display of teeth? Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe her visage as, at best (in the last photo), "an alluring grin?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

Another expat Aussie to be proud of! (alongside the ultimate trend setter dame edna everage...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Really? She is an Aussie? I love that. I recently was in New York and London and just mused to a friend that shopping is better in Melbourne (oh and maybe in Wellington although I have never been there). There seem to be many more accessible funky designers here who take the classic and deconstruct it. Meaning very wearable clothes with great style. We also seem to be able to mix an Asian aesthetic with the European.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 PM) : 

I love people with effortless style. To look like that comes from within... not all people can get away with that...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

"An unmade bed"...oh boy;the problem is that such efortless beauty is so subtle that eludes most people. As for me,I could marry her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 PM) : 

I love Browns in London! Now I know why.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

What's wrong with an unmade bed anyway?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Hi! Oh, she looks really very cool, i just love her hair, i have curly hair, too, i'll like to cut my hair like this way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

@juneplum - h&m has some great coats with that neck line.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (2:04 AM) : 

Yasmin Sewell is super super chic
Im so gld u know who she is...she's a stylist here in Sydney too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 AM) : 

what is haircut like in the back? i'm very curious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

This is one of the few women I've seen that gets it right every time! Every look is flawless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 AM) : 

Wow . . what style . . what elegance . . what gorgeous taste! She just exudes beauty in every way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

I have been working with her during few months, she's even more pretty than she is on these pictures! eh eh

 

Blogger mooi roodje said ... (6:56 PM) : 

i actually found this site looking for pics of her for my haircut after seeing her in vogue...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!

 

Blogger garçonmanqué said ... (6:06 AM) : 

absolute perfection and totally unique

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting