This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Beppe's Safety-Pin Tie Clasp

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Beppe's Safety-Pin Tie Clasp

When I showed Beppe's safety-pin tie clasp in two separate looks before it was always with a knit tie. Several people asked if it could be done only with a knit tie - well, I found another photo I hadn't published and he is wearing his safety-pin with a wool (cashmere?) tie.

p.s. I bought a safety-pin tie clasp like this at Ralph Lauren for $10 - I also saw a silver version in Paris for $149 Euros.

Comments on "Beppe's Safety-Pin Tie Clasp"

 

Blogger UpperWestSideGuy said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Sart, which Ralph Lauren did you find this at for $10? The Ralph Lauren on madison ave in the 70's?
Do you know of any other tie bars from good fashion houses? Mont Blanc makes some nice ones...as does Burberry but perhaps you know something I dont (and you usually do)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

oh, the dashing beppe! i am so in love with him and his safety pin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

I've never been keen on tie clips; just let 'em flop, quoth I, but if you want one, no better way to do it that with a safety-pin rather than shelling out mega-big bucks for posh bling.

Kudos to Beppe for (almost) making me want to go buy a really big safety pin & copy his suave look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I purchased one of these silver "pins" at the RL store in Washington, DC last Fall. Saw it on a couple of mannequins; there, they used it underneath the tie knot, straight through the collar. I don't know if that was right or not, but I tried it at work once and a couple of folks commented positively. It's stored in a matchbox in my cufflinks box. Now I need shirts with holes pre-stitched into the collar.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Dear Lit,

€ this is the symbol for euros. But perhaps sart already made the conversion to dollars...

I think that's a very good present for male friends! i'm going to ralf lauren tomorrow. I hope they have them in spain.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

safety pin? i don't think so

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Safety pin, hell. I like the whole look. Perhaps Beppe had the good sense too that a pocket square would have been sharply pedantic in this case. On the other hand, a sufficiently soft hat might have worked. We should leave these things to the master.

Two previous Beppe posts:

Beppe Due
Beppe Modenese

Ecce uomo, one might say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

i prefer a safety pin as a collar pin, it would certainly ruin silk tie as a tie bar.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

I wore a safety pin tie pin to a job interview recently--except I bought a two-pack of giant safety pins at my fabric store for under $2. I got the job. Thanks, Sart.

I wore it with a vintage woven wool tie that cost me very little. I probably wouldn't try this with a *nice* tie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 AM) : 

I work at Rugby Ralph Lauren in Chicago, we too have mannequins with pins, again, attaching sides of the collar to make the tie knot 'pop.' though i have been told they are just 'industrial safety pins,' i have noticed a major difference: the clasp is obviously changed to make it sartorially friendly. I have never thought of using it for a tie bar...maybe ill sport it to work tomorrow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

I can't find any tie pins here at all, it's such a pain, the guys in the apparently best shop in the city looked at me liked I'd asked for WMD not an accessory.

Is there anyway of getting the Ralph Lauren online does anyone know?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting