This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Recent Retiree

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Recent Retiree

He said I have inspired him to look into a second career as a male model.

I have said it before but he exemplifies the kind of elegance I hope to have 40 years from now. (ok. ok, 30 years)

Comments on "The Recent Retiree"

 

Blogger Mike Paget said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I don't care how much that bag cost, or if it's made with kobe beef leather. He looks like he just robbed a woman of her "mini-backpack/purse".

 

Blogger comtedamour said ... (9:22 AM) : 

this is something to look forward to; you know who you are and you keep it clean and simple. c'est tres bien.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (9:22 AM) : 

The backpack! Adorable. Ahem, in a handsome and elegant way of course. Nothing is more appealing that a gentleman of style who knows who he is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

You and me both. Love the hat and the printed jabot. I wouldn't wear a back pack but that's just me and maybe when I get to his age, I will. I think men get more distinguished and stylish as they get older.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:54 AM) : 

His coat and bag are very luxurious! Especially the texture of the coat - very touchable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I must have that bag! Do you know who makes it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I just love this guy! So very stylin'.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Reminds me of my grandfather, who ALWAYS manages to look dapper and delicious (I know, he's my grandfather but he's handsome and dresses well.)

What is this red piece of business around his neck? I like the splash of color there. The coat is a bit too textured but I do like the brown.

Methinks, Sart, that you're trying a lot this week to overcome your stated aversion to brown.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I think you might be coming around to brown, Scott! The cognac leather on the backpack is beautiful, but I don't like backpacks under any circumstances. I would have preferred a messenger bag.

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Way to Go!....I love his sense of style and especially his response to your expressing your appreciation of his look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

I want to be/look this good when I retire.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I WANT that bag!!!! Does anyone know who makes it??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

great pic Sart .... one of the reasons this site is such a joy is that you profile such a broad range of ages and types

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Pues yo, en cambio, preferiría ser un anciano extravagante. El abuelo que envidiaran todos los amigos de mis nietos

 

Blogger S. said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I especilly love the coat but the combination of items and effort is adorable.

Makes me hopeful.

 

Blogger OTC said ... (12:15 PM) : 

It's a Longchamp bag. You can just make out the logo's circle and the top zipper pull. What a classy guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I believe that back pack is an old Longchamp. They may stil be making it or some other style like it. It may even be made of split leather in which case it will be very affordable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

absolutely adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

wow, this is how he dresses when he's not working? he obviously didn't save up for retirement by skimping on his wardrobe. quel debonaire.

 

Blogger marie said ... (2:57 PM) : 

The bag goes against what I recently read in Deatils magazine. According to Deatils, a man's bag is supposed to be slug over one shoulder. Backpacks are for the ladies and students.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

One word came to mind immediately upon looking at the two photographs...

adorable.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Get down with brown.

What texture. And the backpack is a nice surprise.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Natty--though the bag's a bit on the small side....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Oh! I love it, the long coat, the ascot, the hat. He looks so dapper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

He looks very elegant; to me, his backpack is a symbol of autonomy and self-assurance: he knows exactly what he wants and needs and where he's going, and in this peaceful state of mind he can carry his few necessities on his back, like a monk.

 

Blogger RoseAG said ... (7:21 PM) : 

I think Details is targeting a younger set, who're more likely to go for the messenger look.

Most guys I know that commute with backpacks go the nylon/L.L. Bean route.

This is more in-city, and looks fab with the coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

fantástico look!!! me encanta!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

Great coat, would love it in 3/4 length....style....hats are great, got caught up today and bought 3 regular fedora style hats...I love this time of year.

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (10:22 PM) : 

This gentleman looks great! I love the whole look. Especially the way he is aging gracefully! To him it seems age doesn't matter. And that is how it should be.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 AM) : 

cute! hahah

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 AM) : 

I like it when you comment your pics, Sart.

Have a nice one

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

I've never liked the way backpacks affect your stance either standing or walking. It makes me feel like a euro-weenie (in the bad sense) wearing socks and sandals. (You know what I mean). This man is beautiful and his dress certainly indicates his elan. I always prefer a shoulder bag (AND the way it affects your stance and walking.) You list a little bit to the side like a sailboat on a reach. I'd rather strut than hunch.

- Eminence Grise

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

coat- vicuna or cashmire? Nice, but not a bargain item...and there are yards of it in that length.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Love it! God Bless NYC!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

In NY, if you are a typical walking NY'er you want a coat with some length, if you are in and out of the car the length is a problem...bet that keeps this gent warm on cold days.

 

Blogger Olga Cristina said ... (1:16 PM) : 

good look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Fabulous! His look and clothes are perfect. He exudes serenity, wealth without being ostentatious, and a thoughtful intelligence with a dry wit. If he isn't all those things, he would sure have me fooled!

 

Blogger Jennyh said ... (7:03 PM) : 

good looking old man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Adorable! If that's okay to say about such a distinguished looking gentleman. The backpack does make him seem boyish and fun-loving, but in a really good way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

What a gorgeous grandpa! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 PM) : 

He is definitely the most darling, dapper older gentleman I have ever seen.

 

Anonymous Zoe said ... (9:34 PM) : 

He puts the sweet in "sweet-heart". Yes, I really did say that.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting