This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Paris Vogue Girls Outside the Chanel Show

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Paris Vogue Girls Outside the Chanel Show

I think this photo says a lot about the state of skirt lengths and heel height on the girls in Paris.

I will have to review but did I shoot any girls in pants in Paris?

Were there in girls in Paris wearing pants?

Comments on "Paris Vogue Girls Outside the Chanel Show"

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Screaaaaaaammmmm I love it!!!!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (5:53 PM) : 

One can never, NEVER underestimate the importance--nor power--of shoes....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

It's all about the legs!

 

Blogger annie said ... (6:19 PM) : 

this photo looks like it could be a cover of a book.

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Were there in girls in Paris wearing pants? Probably, but with legs like these all around you, who could blame you for not noticing?

p.s. Weren't those adidas + grey flannels in Paris? Was that even a girl?

:)

 

Blogger Susan said ... (6:45 PM) : 

i'm guessing you need to be fit and modelesque to work at paris vogue...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

It's so interesting how almost everything comes back in fashion. A few years ago, I never thought I would wear tights/hose again, but - to me, at least - the girls in the black tights look so much fresher than the bare-legged girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

In general, I never see many women of any age in Paris who are wearing anything but heels. This is a very fashionable group of legs, but typical of what is there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

This is another excellent photo, Mr Satorialist. This shot definately shows that detailing is everything. Why is it that Paris women are so svelte? Is there a chic gene? How can I get it?

 

Blogger Closet Cupcake said ... (7:53 PM) : 

That far left leg freaks me out.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:29 PM) : 

The sheer black stockins as another trend? Perhaps they have never left the parisian closets...

 

Blogger blix said ... (10:35 PM) : 

yes, i hope more women in america re-discover the joy of wearing a skirt, especially one that is fitted but has pleats or gores about the knees--makes for a sweet sensual feeling whilst walking, and pretty

as for hose--so many nice things available.except for the really cold climates, tights not really necessary. there are over the knee, thigh high etc, and quality stockings like wolford--patterned stockings, textures, colors. sheer nude hose kind of boring i think

of course, american women are fatter than european women, but no reason not to enjoy dressing up. maybe all the more reason

you have nothing to lose but your t-shirts and jeans!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

This is what I am wearing to all my interviews. I better get the job.
-College Girl ;-)

 

Blogger Shopaholic D said ... (10:49 PM) : 

why do i find all the best ankle boots on other people and not in stores?

:) D

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (11:19 PM) : 

that is too funny! that is great!

 

Blogger et said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Was the photo of the woman at Marni from Paris?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 AM) : 

Agreed that black tights over ankle boots is a great neo-vintage look. But to me, the classiest act in this photo is the one standing at far right. The coat to the knee is the best look of the bunch.

 

Blogger marie said ... (2:14 AM) : 

I think the legs wearing hose look better than the bare ones.

BTW, Sart, I saw your article with the shot of you and your camera. It is nice to put a face to a name. :)

This blog is very informative and I have learned alot about fashion from reading the threads and your pictures. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 AM) : 

And possibly the best bit is that this kind of platforms/heels are normally extremely wearable, a pleasure to walk in and look at. The same goes for the tights-mini combo, a no-brainer on a dry autumn day. But why is there only one bag for viewers to feast our eyes on? :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 AM) : 

Ah, i ADORE short skirts!and having seen pics from some of the fashion shows i guess they are going to be everywhere in the spring. i'm loving it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Ah, i ADORE short skirts!and having seen pics from some of the fashion shows i guess they are going to be everywhere in the spring. i'm loving it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 AM) : 

All this time I've lived just a short hop away from Paris CDG, yet only now I realise why I need to go...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I find it funny that tights and hose are now considered trendy. Ive been wearing them my whole life, my mother wouldn't have it any other way. But just a year ago my colleagues were teasing me about it while they showed up with (in my opinion, underdressed) bare legs. Funny.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (11:09 AM) : 

That's a great shot of all those booties, platforms and that Commes des Garcon PVC bag. This is looking very Bryan Ferry to me, right?

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:20 AM) : 

i love this look but why all black? I'd love to see more colors pleaaaase!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

I own over 30 pairs of ridiculously expensive vuitton, Jaobs, Prada and Gucci high heeled shoes which I cannot stop buying yet never wearing.

I am an attorney at a large firm in New York. And I wonder whether shoes like these require a certain type of say 'step from a towncar' or work in a high fashion environ to 'pull off'.

Everynow and again I will convince myself to wear say a pair of calf-hair damier check vuitton 4 inch thick heeled mary janes. I wear them on the sidewalk and take the subway.

Everyone STARES STARES STARES at me and my feet and all the attention makes me extremely self conscious.

So although I love your fashion peeps shots at the shows, I feel a certain sadness that I mirror their shoe collections yet mine must remain unworn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

short black leather jacket is wearing pants...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Love the conical shaped heels. So chic. And a nice variation from the stiletto & wedge.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:10 PM) : 

I love this shot! Great legs and shoes! I agree with Concupiscence platforms are definitely good for all-day wear. My sister has always maintained that the higher the heel, the more comfortable and I am starting to agree.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Uau!
Skirts + ankle boots + legs, legs and legs.....
Lovely parisian girls.

 

Blogger fuss said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Am I the only woman who finds high heels uncomfortable and impractical? Sigh - I guess I will never be Sartorialist material.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

if bill cunningham's sunday pictoral was any indication, the footless tight or leggings are the new pants.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (6:28 PM) : 

I just had a heart attack.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Legs are the greatest accessory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 AM) : 

I will say this again and again, black is so totally boring. Try Harder. It makes me sad to think that someone would wake up and say, "I know, I'll get up and wear my black skirt today" and be really excited. I have said this only once about my beautiful black velvet Dries skirt with billowy pockets. When I woke up, though, I would say, "I'm going to wear my Dries skirt today!"

CollegeGirl - please don't wear this look to all of your interviews unless you are going to work at a sexy bank.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 AM) : 

on the left is best, what a kickass look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

great picture !
Sorry though to say that these days in Paris (I live there) it's quite difficult to find good-looking skirts in most shops... Even yesterday, I had difficulties and ended up buying my ...th pair of pants ;-((

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Fuss,
It's all about the fit of the shoe. There are high-heel shoes, even at the 4"+ height that are so comfortable that you forget you have them on. Conversely, there are flats that absolutely make my feet hurt. I *love* strappy heels, but it takes a lot of shopping effort to find a pair that doesn't torture my pinky toes. When I find such a shoe, I wear it out until it disintegrates! I suppose my point is that there is really no generalizing about heel height and comfortable fit. It's all about finding that great-fitting pair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

love those slim and long legs paired with killer heels! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I am in Paris (yeah... a French visitor), and I wear pants everyday ! LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

how can legs be that skinny? or more rather, how can anyone manage to walk with legs that skinny, I mean, one has to wonder if there are any muscles in there.. and if so, where they are...?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Yes, I actually wore pants in Paris during the fashionweek. too bad you didn't see me. Fantastic blog btw.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

When I am having a down fashion day, this picture makes it all better! truly inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

What a shot! Is it just me who finds this picture extremely intimidating? For some reason this shot stands out from your others to me. All I can see is an exclusive clique hesitant to let anyone in... very Devil Wears Prada.

But of course, they look amazing...love the far left in particular. :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting