This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Shopgirl, Nolita

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 20, 2006

On The Street......Shopgirl, Nolita

I love the dress (both of them actually) but I really like the guys in the background sitting outside one of the few remaining small butcher shops in the city. I've talked to them before and they still remember when Nolita wasn't "Nolita" and that area was still very much of a real neighborhood.

Comments on "On The Street......Shopgirl, Nolita"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

very pretty. And the fabulous boots!!! she looks so sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Yeah, I hear these days you have to move to LA or Nashville or Mexico City for real neighborhoods.

I'm joking, people are always waxing poetic about LES and Williambsburg 10 years ago...usually the very people who live there.

There's still lots of guts to this city. And you know you've found them when rent is cheap.

 

Blogger Dulwich_News said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Love those boots but is it still warm in NY?. Asking from London which is also warm if not hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Oh, she looks like one of the Deschanel's. So quirky yet beautiful.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Gorgeous cream dress. Love the ruffled detail. So girly and pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Dear Sart,
This picture of some middle-aged or old guys sitting outside a small shop (be it a butcher shop, a bakery...) (usually) gossiping when business is slow, is so familiar half way around the world where I live. And yes, it is vanishing in this part of the world too. Actually, I see these guys a few blocks away from my home outside a butcher shop (coincidence). I don't know if I would feel nostalgic if they left, but they stare every time I pass by. Anyway... I love your blog because I love New York. I've never been there though. My love for NYC comes from Woody Allen's films. Then came "Friends" and then "Sex and the City" and now I add the Sartorialist to my list. Actually, I'm an outsider here. I don't even read fashion magazines. When I was younger they used to depress me. You know, all these gorgeous looking women, not to mention "effortless"... Now I've simply lost interest. But your photos are great and I have seen many stylish people in them. You've made such an impact on me that when I walk on the street I see people and think "they should be in Scott's blog". And I also love your blog because you and most people posting comments seem so open-minded.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

babe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Dear Sartorialist, thank you you're great. But, I need to know where I could buy this WONDERFUL white dress!!! Please go and find this girl to ask her. Please!

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Oh, I love that white dress!
The details at the neck and sleeve.
Seems like the boots SHould be too much of a contrast but they work.

And the gentlemen in the background do make the picture.
It could easily be a shot from a whole other era if the clothes were changed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

There's a good possibility that she works at Mayle, she looks familiar. Also, she's on Elizabeth St., where Mayle is located. So you can probably find her dress there!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:11 AM) : 

the dress is from Mayle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I love Mayle... the shop is right around the corner from this pic.

And yes, it is getting a bit nippy in NYC. Last week it got down in the 40s.

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I love the boots. So much better looking than the cowboy boots everyone was running around in in Summer 2005. And they work nocely with the dress- relaxed, but not too folksy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

because its not a real neighborhood now? its a fake neighborhood? an illusion?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Very pretty! But watch that coffee, or it's right back to the dry cleaners for you. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

The first thing I noticed were her fabulous BOOTS! But I really like the dress she's wearing, and the one she's holding, too.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (3:38 PM) : 

she gives me a selma blair vibe. i love how she put together her outfit...with her hair and everything. great shot again!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

where are the boots from? must know!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

when losers from project runway open up shop in your neighborhood selling bobble-head dolls of tim gunn, its not a real neighborhood anymore. EMc is just such a store.

love the dress, and her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

... I think what's more important than the dress is just how hot this woman is. She's hot! Got her number, right Schuman?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

She is so sexy that my heart aches.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

Totally lovely ... her bangs and the ruffles work so well together here. Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 PM) : 

Gorgeous. Love her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:32 PM) : 

And I see that she is poised - without being pidgeon-toed!

 

Blogger .......... said ... (11:52 PM) : 

i want her bangs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 AM) : 

Kinda look like Selma Blair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 AM) : 

The most lovely thing is the way she combines such a dress with those boots,and her hair,and the little bag she's got in her hand,...it's all simply ELEGANT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

the most lovely thing is the way she combines such a dress with those boots, and the hair, and the little bag she's got in her hand,...it's ELEGANT.

 

Blogger Lena said ... (9:38 AM) : 

i want to look like her

 

Blogger ontheMARC said ... (4:10 PM) : 

bangin bangs.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (9:48 PM) : 

With the drycleaning in hand, I am thinking Carrie Bradshaw again...

...although she would be standing OUTSIDE the closed drycleaners, ticket in hand and dress "in the drycleaner hock"...

This is an extremely cute look - but one, I think, that can be pulled off with respect to age. It's much more difficult to make this look cute, and not silly, as one moves along in time...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

The first thing I noticed is that the sign for Emmett McCarthy's shop is in the far background. I love Emmett.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 AM) : 

For me, it's all about the face. And with you, Sarto, it's always about the face - how you get your subjects to shine through in such a relaxed way is a secret you should take to the grave. About the face: just like we have a sense of intentional clothing choices, we have a sense of intelligent, thoughtful faces. They have to match for the whole ensemble to work

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 AM) : 

she really is gorgeous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

This is what I want to look like =)
KArin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

tres Selma Blair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

love those boot anyone know where can I get them?

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I agree that she looks similar to Salma Blair, but a Salma that was totally and perfectly art directed. This girl posses a very strong allure: the hair, the posse, the dress the boots, the light...magnificent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

love her dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I love those boots && they look perfect with that white dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Nice. She looks a bit like Selma Blair .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

The boots are mayle too *sighs*

 

Anonymous Joyce said ... (2:45 AM) : 

These boots are really awesome. They look so trendy. I have similar pair of boots in brown and it really look awesome on any occasion. And it’s lovely dress, it really suit with that pair of boots. http://buydiscountcowboyboots.com/

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting