This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Greenwich Street, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 26, 2006

On The Street......Greenwich Street, New York

Comments on "On The Street......Greenwich Street, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

color black is my life

 

Blogger mademoisellelala said ... (8:57 AM) : 

This is just not a look for me. It is only made worse by the white trainers. These should only be worn to the gym, or in this case, long distance marathons.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I read about you on aftonbladets homepage, Sofi Fahrman did an interview with you. I didn't know you're a father! That's great - I bet they look goog and will grow up to by very stylish youngpeople!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:36 AM) : 

This guy is all profile, so to speak. There's something amiss about the very narrow pants and the fabric bunching at the ankle: spoils the (all-line-all-the-time) line. But his hair is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I am struck with the repeated pictures of NYC fellas all in black except for pristinely white shoes.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Hairy man! I wish more men will go hairy for a while...just for fun.
Of course not that many people like his young attitude that spells noncomformity...El Che kind of finds a follower in mr. hairy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Little to ruff for me. Love your pics.

 

Blogger RoseAG said ... (10:17 AM) : 

The beard and hair are a little too Charles Manson for me.

I like longer hair on men, like the guy with the scarf and jacket. This isn't groomed enough for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

soooooo coooool!!!!
this is the best pic you've taken in ages!
LOVE IT

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

JK (of Jamoroquai)very cool! ha don't make me laugh!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Very "I work for an alternative weekly paper." Not loving it but liking it.

More than anything else, I'm put off my the ciggy. A true faux pas if there ever was one.

Now, while I knew you were a daddy, Sart, it occurs to me that I've never seen a kiddie fashion pic in the time that I've lurked here. We've seen teens, but not kids.

mltt

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (1:57 PM) : 

I love cool hippie boys with beards. Devendra style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I love narrow straigt pants in young guys.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

He looks like Vincent Gallo's saner brother.

 

Blogger Daniel.. said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Like it. That is usually how I look. Like the white sneakers aswell.

And like Sofia, I got word from aftonbladet in sweden about this page.

Like what you are doing.

But someone should tell him... "pink is the new black".

cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Me likey! Reminds me of my fellow Portlanders. Which, in turn, reminds me: Sart, come on out here to Stumptown for some really inspired street. We're definitely a breed unto ourselves. I thinks it's all the rain, cofee and stimulants that have a hand in the decidedly "un-fashion" choices...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

i really like his look from the neck down. the hair scares me a little -- helter skelter flashbacks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Lit said it very well.

Why are so many people opposed to black?

With some colours you cannot go wrong, as this man proves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

"Why are so many people opposed to black?"

i'm not opposed to black, i just find this look to not really have anything remarkable about it. (unlike the woman from yesterday with the fabulous yohji coat, which was also an almost-all-black look.)

also, i get black fatigue after a certain point and want to just see a color, any color, or print, or variation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I would just like to say that for the most part these are really good comments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I'm sorry Sart, but I think you're playing an emperor's clothes gambit with us here: This shot is a trick question, and the answer is that there *is no style here*. Nothing about this shot proves hat he wasn't sleeping in a dumpster overnight, with his feet up, keeping his tennies clean!!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Stacy
You have to be kidding!!

The hair alone is enough to get him on my blog and the overall slim silhouette is perfect for him

Also it is hard to find a quilted jacket ( like his- Prada) that is not too puffy, cut small enough and yet still keeps you warm - so there is another reason

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

love the retro 70s greasy hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

I feel for the women of NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Okay, Sart, you've won me over, and the Prada jacket is the clincher. Maybe its an East Coast vs. West Coast thing, though... If I saw him like that in Los Angeles, some good assumptions would be that he had shoplifted the jacket, slept overnight in a cardboard box, and just got his Methadone on Skid Row. If I passed him on the street, I would just give him all my spare change to spare him the indignity of asking, and to avoid a probable incoherent schitzophrenic conversation. I'm not as heartless as this sounds, but street people need professional help, and I'm not that kind of professional.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Dude!
All this judgement for not being in synch with facial hair etiquette in some specific neighborhood?

Sartorial expression is above all a manifestation on how people want to be perceived...

But requires an interlocutor...maybe people are reluctant to learn other languages to perhaps widen horizons.

The hairy dude is a multilingual individual in my humble opinion.

 

Blogger Max said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Very of-the-moment LES/Nolita/East Village.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

except for the trainers this guy would fit right in in Portland. We're not afraid of shaggy hair here. But how can anyone tell that his jacket is Prada? The photo is too dark for me to see much besides the lines of the outfit and his face. i like it. I second the request for Sartorialist to make a trip to Portland, OR. the Saks here sucks, but maybe you could do the windows as an excuse for the trip. Better yet, Mario's should invite you out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

I was never a big fan of white trainers until I lived in London, where they do it with great style. Every Stylist, photographer, model and so-call hipster (where did that term come from ick!!) dons them. His look is now and new.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 AM) : 

i looove the jeans, can anyone tell me where i can get similar jeans? that would be a great help.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting