This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

My Usual Lunch in Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Usual Lunch in Paris

Oh I love my lunch in Paris. This place is just down the street from one of the more popular show spaces.
The salad is herbed goat-cheese on toast with aged "country ham", greens in a mustard vinaigrette and the real topper is a few walnuts sprinkled on top. Give me a glass (or two) of white wine and I'm good to go for the rest of the day.

Comments on "My Usual Lunch in Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 AM) : 

delicious

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 AM) : 

"Aged country ham" That looks like Prosciutto to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

delicious - as appertising as the fashions - have you thought of a career in food styling as well - the shot looks straight out of a gourmet magazine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Ah, I was in France this summer for a week and had a lunch just like that... Absolutely perfect, the French food is amazing!

 

Blogger porchmouse said ... (5:34 AM) : 

I know I should be paying more attention to the pics, but your salad caught my eye...sounds divine!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 AM) : 

The French don't get fat. Looks delicious - a blend of different tastes and textures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 AM) : 

I tend to go for sandwiches, but that looks really good! French salads are the best I've ever had. I'll keep my eye out for it. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

oh that ham looks delicious! how thinly sliced it is! what a perfect, light lunch...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Looks yummy. I love food pictures, especially during travel. It brings you back tot he moment.

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (9:12 AM) : 

YUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Best dressed salad I've seen in years!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Looks beautiful and quite healthy, Sart. Some greens, vegetables, some protein, some dairy...not too much processing, mostly fresh, etc. If we could just gather enough Americans to adopt such healthy meals, in the long run it would contribute a great deal to our country's health care issues. - JCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

mm wow that looks so good, I bett it tastes better =)

 

Blogger JA Firebrand said ... (10:07 AM) : 

sheesh, I am now STARVED. Fine food, wine and couture...truly the trifecta of French fabulousness.

 

Blogger abovo99 said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Yummy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I've so enjoyed your postings here and on style.com. Your images are gorgeous. And they just get better. Congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

It's art! I love beautiful food.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Mmmmm.. wish I was there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

wow, scott that does look good.can't wait till you fix that for us at home !
love you, C

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:31 AM) : 

I just want to say, thank you for this shot as it is shortly before noon here in Ohio and I am fantasizing about what really fine food like this would taste like right now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

I love how luscious such a simple meal can be.... quality ingredients with attention to detail can make the minimalist meal oh--so-- yummy!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

foooood YUM ...looks great...just an everyday salad but made elegant with a few nice additions, herbed goat cheese in just right amount ....this is selection I would mind making everyday with slight little variations each time.
nicely done

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (12:17 PM) : 

that looks beautiful! it is as much a delight to the eyes as it is to the stomach i am sure!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Umm... looks scrumptious. I miss those lunches in Paris.

 

Blogger Erin S. said ... (1:33 PM) : 

yum! Wish that was my lunch today.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

What's the name of the place? I'm going to Paris in a few weeks...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Eeeeh! Eso no es "country jam", es jamón serrano.
Cheers from Spain!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Teaser.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

bon appetit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

me so hungy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

okay, sart, now that's just mean...

 

Blogger CB said ... (5:38 PM) : 

hola anonimo español !!!
yo tambien me di cuenta del jamón serrano (no parece ibérico eso si)
very great blog.
all the best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

does it strike anyone else as humorous that in the middle of this frenzy of AMAZING photographs of European fashion . . . this shoot of Scott's lunch has the most feedback and comments . . . lol . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 AM) : 

Sits in dorm room. Cries about dorm food. Oh Sart. Savour it for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 AM) : 

i'm guessing sart called it "country ham" in quotes because it was probably called "jambon de pays" on the menu, hence his literal translation... either way though, that salad looks delicious. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 AM) : 

Really, they could have left out the cucumbers.

 

Blogger Kelli said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Yum! What a beautiful, savory lunch. Finish with an expresso and I would call that a perfect meal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Looks wonderful.

Doesn't look like a substantial portion though...

 

Blogger grace said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Wow...food brings out a lot of comments. Yummy and thank you for showing us who have never been out of the country a real live Paris lunch! Very cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

"Doesn't look like a substantial portion though... "

Looks more like an anti-pasta.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:12 PM) : 

That looks good to me, and I don't eat meat!

 

Blogger efervescente said ... (2:47 PM) : 

the perfect meal for the perfect city...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Woah, that photo and description just got me outrageously hungry. I want that meal, NOW! Too bad I'm not in Paris then...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

Yum! Now I'm hungry!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

seems like the right portion if you realize going to bed a tad hungry is just what is expected of your looks. it won't kill ya.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting