This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Kate Lanphear of Elle at Jardin des Tuileries

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kate Lanphear of Elle at Jardin des Tuileries

Comments on "Kate Lanphear of Elle at Jardin des Tuileries"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I love her coat with her hair, and she's clearly a very striking woman. But all the black makes me a little sad.

I feel that all-black clothes look so defensive, as though the wearer is terrified of revealing his or her color tastes and any possibility of color clash. When fashionistas do this, and so many do, it's a little disheartening. Not as bad as North Korea though. :) Yikes.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Love her Mary Quant asymmetric do. The coat is fly! Her wedge boot...amazing.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Agree her hair is fantastic and the coat really sets it off. Is her hair white-blonde or silver? So dramatic.

I do like all-black. Not sure I'd classify it every time as a defensive move. Perhaps practical in this case? I like all black with a contrast colour. I think her coat works well with the all black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Stunning. Is she a model? I luuurve her hair! I wish I could pull off a short'do. And I love how it matches her coat, too. If only I had her gorgeous bone structure and physique...

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (1:08 PM) : 

nope, love all black its romantic and intersting. Team goth!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (1:20 PM) : 

This is waht I call fall glam!
very strong and very unique. Love the shoes...I'm got something similar from via spiga.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

It's the blue lining of the coat that makes this for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

why can't I have short and beautiful hair ?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

i think it is practical, but so is a uniform. i went through a period in my life when i had to attend at least one or two cocktail parties or black-tie events each week, and i ran into the same people at all of these events. my solution was to buy everything black, which i could then interchange in endless ways, with a few pieces of color to accent. it was the only way to do it. was it interesting to look at? no, not particularly. that is what i think is happening in a lot of these shots -- people making the most of their uniforms, like catholic school girls wearing colored tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 PM) : 

what strikes me with the last 3-4 pictures is that, when considered individually, each one of these gals looks truly fabulous. But when considered one right after another ... hmm. They all start looking a bit too much alike. Big bag? check! black legs? check! and so on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

oh my god just get over it. she is not wearing all black. you can't classify her. if anyone knows her they will say she is so bubbly and wears whatever she likes. for the discerning there is another photo of her on the sartorialist, but alas she is wearing black in that too!

i wore black today. i love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I certainly didn't mean to say that people should never wear black! So much depends on the fabrics, textures, amount of skin showing, the wearer, and even the season. Some people are so vivacious that nothing can weigh them down. But I still think that all-black often looks heavy, conformist and almost tacky. The hipster uniform (for fifty years!) especially....

Monochromatic dressing is supposed to be super-chic, but I think it is hard to do well. I'm no fan of all-beige either, in general. But this blog will teach you that someone will look amazing in almost any outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Sart,

I love that you framed her with the trees. Her outfit is beautiful, but your composition is just as thrilling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 AM) : 

I have always thought that wearing black pants is like saying "i give up". I get that there is a way to wear black as she does that is chic and sophisticated; however, for most women, I find that it is a lack of style and an inability to put together an outfit with color.

 

Blogger fashion in theory said ... (10:47 PM) : 

i think she looks INCREDIBLE. and so elegant. i think the outfit is like a working uniform, so consciously stylist and yet effortless.

 

Blogger RKFHJ RJjjjk said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Who is this woman? I think I love her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 AM) : 

i love her whole look but especially her hair! it stands out against all the black she's wearing. and with hair like that i would want it to stand out. FAB

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I have a huge crush on Kate.

 

Blogger What Not & I said ... (4:38 AM) : 

I am so in love with kate...

I adore her hair, her monochromatic wardrobe and all her bangles.

I sound like a stalker. I'm not. Really.

http://whatnotandi.blogspot.com

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting