This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Martin Margiela?....United Arrows Executive

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

At Martin Margiela?....United Arrows Executive

Comments on "At Martin Margiela?....United Arrows Executive"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Oh no! it's the return of the scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I love natural grey/silver hair. Sounds rather werid but i cannot wait for mine to be that colour, a completely white/grey 'fro is gonna be an amazingly look!

Quite the dapper suit too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

love the shade of gray...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

He looks great. His hair and the colors are beautiful. The cargoesque pockets are cute too.

 

Blogger Max said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Nice outfit and nice fit, but cargo pockets?

Don't mind my thrashing about on the floor, I'm just having a flashback to all the Union Bay clothing I wore in seventh grade.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

That's not a suit, is it? The greys don't quite match (could just be lighting) - I'm not very fond of anything that close in tone that doesn't match exactly.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:25 PM) : 

Nice colors, but nix to cargo pockets on dressier pants and the weenie scarf....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I like "cargo dress" pants a la' Etro F/W 05.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (7:38 PM) : 

His hair is amazing!
Love the blue scarf with the grey suit. Good pallete.

 

Blogger moosj said ... (9:54 PM) : 

A suit with cargo pockets? Love it. Love the pale gray and blue combo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 AM) : 

I just wish he had on different pants...

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (12:52 AM) : 

Great harmony of blue-grays; the outfit wouldn't work as well without the scarf - I'll defend THE SCARF until I'm tied up in them. Cargo pockets are amusing... doubt I'd wear a suit thus but I respect pushing the staid formula.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I'm a fan of the scarf, the gray, the glasses and the hair...but I'm not crazy about the cargo-style pant pockets. The seem out of place.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Fabulous short jacket with a slim cargo pant in wool and it's a suit. Only the Japanese. United Arrows is an amazing store. I've done some damage there last year. The salespeople are sharp and incredibly well dressed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

great look , great scarf
grey and blue always work well

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Love it!
How do people react when you ask if you can take pictures of them?
Just wondering.
Anyways keep up the good work, I envy you, you're so talented.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (1:16 PM) : 

i hate it when suits try and keep up with the times by adding a 'modern' detail from another look. it always seems so forced.

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (4:11 PM) : 

I agree....wish he had on non cargo pants....otherwise not bad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 AM) : 

Designers will slap cargo pockets on anything these days...even when they shouldn't. I love his confidence, though, so I can forgive the pockets just this once.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 AM) : 

pockets and scarf have got to go, but
love the hair and buttons

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Geez, he's not telling you you have to wear cargo trousers. I think it's fantastic. A three piece suit with a touch of idiosyncrasy, plus a flattering color pallette, and the panache to pull it off--great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Watch out for the Japanese, and thank you United Arrows. They are style connoisseurs at a level Americans don't even dream about. I guarantee you he cares about the spacing between the buttons (in millimeters) on his cuffs.

United Arrows is one of a couple of great Japanese stores bringing menswear to another level. I am not asking for them to open a store in the US, but to please consider international shipping from their website.

 

Blogger Gidget Bananas said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I like the suit-cargo pants. They manage to be both tidy and irreverent.

 

Blogger Fnarf said ... (8:55 PM) : 

The cargo pockets are horrible, but the close-but-not-quite match with the jacket is worse. I don't mind the scarf at all; if he was sitting down at a restaurant, or standing behind something, I'd think "how chic".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

I think he looks wonderful, so comfortable in his skin - or suit - it's mindblowing. I like it very much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

I love the outfit, but I love his smile even more.

You capture such great facial expressions on your subjects. How do you do it?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting