This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Dries Van Noten

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 05, 2006

At Dries Van Noten

For me it begins and ends with Dries Van Noten. It is the only show i would consider paying to get into. This collection was incredible - it is amazing how he can make clothes that seem otherworldly and yet so wearable and useful in real life.

I will have to update this later and pop in a few of my favorite looks from the show.

ps I shot the most elegant older woman on the street yesterday before the Dries show. I posted her at Style.com - I would love to hear what you think = she may be a Sartorialist of the Year nominee!

Comments on "At Dries Van Noten"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 AM) : 

i love the bottom pic it has something of vermeer to it - also loved you shots on style.com - the woman in the cashmere top and bow back skirt was so devine - Dries is genius! keep up the good work, would love to hear a rap up of all the shows and street style when you are done, just to get your perspective on the mad month

 

Blogger atticus_finch said ... (4:55 AM) : 

the big pant cuffs with the turtle top classic adidas is wonderful, would love to see the full outfit, but loving that detail!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 AM) : 

Those feet seem too short!! better barefoot.
Alessandra

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 AM) : 

you mean the woman with the red lipstick, cropped hair, and pearl choker at her neck? i wish i could see what she's wearing more clearly - her outfit is coming out very dark on my screen - but she's DEFINITELY the kind of woman i want to be when i "grow up" ;-). so elegant, yet clearly unique and true to herself, and so comfortable in her skin. i'd love to see more pictures of women like her - i think paris beats all on this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 AM) : 

I like what the last from top is wearing, but I like it even better as a photo - you're channeling Velasquez here, Scott.

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Shell-toe Adidas and grey flannel... now that's my kinda fashion.

 

Blogger blackbird said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Bravo for flat shoes and stylish women over 40.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Adore the woman with the self-tie blouse; an extraordinary meld of looks and outfit, each calling forth the best of the other....plus a wonderful example of dressing in concert--easily, alluringly--with one's age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

i envy your work. speaking of painting, the last pictue--woman with the gray bag looks like a painting. it's really beautiful. what a great portrait!

 

Blogger John and Beatrice said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Yes, certainly elegant. Having seen the Dries runway shots, his incredible use of acid yellow and a few wildly delicious technicolor skirts and blouses are inspiring. So I'd cross my fingers that our all-black-clad audience members will let Dries take them by the hand, walk toward the light, and play with a bit of color. I think they might then discover a little fountain of youth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

I just checked out the Dries show photos on style - Breathtaking, amazing! I agree with you Sart, it begins and ends with Dries for me too...I love his vision.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

The woman with the black pea coat.......very very cool....love her from head to toe.....elegant, black, simple and stylish.....this is how style should be for everyday...the look is who you are and looks natural.....Shec immediatel caught my eye when I opened the site and scrolled down.
Thanks for the photo ...you certainly have a great camera eye and maintain consistently in keeping it onteresting. THANKS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

i met the older lady you photographed several times in milan a couple of years ago. i think she is called maria and originally armenian and works for gianfranco ferre and does the buying for his stores in russia. she has a very intense personality and a very beautiful nose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Your shots at Style.com are breathtaking, especially the girl with the red necklace and the one with the red tights and belt. I like them better than the runway shots.

I have a question, though: Can Dries be successfully worn by women who don't have a perfect eye for proportion, etc? When everything comes together, his clothes are sublime, but it seems so easy to get them wrong. I'm intimidated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

the older woman in Paris at style.com is so amazing. great, great shot. this woman has captured the secret of aging beautifully. posters of this shot should be sold.

what a contrast this woman has over all the women who think that surgery, botox, and more surgery is the only way to go as we all age.

 

Blogger thecoherent said ... (12:49 PM) : 

adidas and trousers...hm, certainly makes you think.

 

Blogger abovo99 said ... (12:58 PM) : 

They are my kind of successful and sexy women. Love them all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

i LOVE it when you see older people with that elegance! men or women, it's grace at it's best!

 

Blogger Athena said ... (2:30 PM) : 

I agree about Dries Van Noten. He's one of my favourite designers, so simple, clean, elegant and wearable yet still very young. I look forward to more of your photos from that show.

Also, great photographs on women of a certain age both here and over at Style. I hope I can be that stylish when I'm older as well.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (3:35 PM) : 

The lady in the beret looks fantastic. Love the entire style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Can you send a link to your style.com site? I thought I'd bookmarked it, but the site I have doesn't update.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

RE: getting Dries proportions right...

Funny, I am wearing my prized Dries fall suit right now. I'm so in love with it. It's the dark pinstripe version, and the narrow wrists and legs are so sleek and such a fresh shape.

My experience as a new wearer of Dries is that every piece works well alone or as ensemble, very easy and wearable. The construction is just so. You really can't go wrong.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (6:17 PM) : 

i never really knew what all the commotion was about dries van noten...and you always mention him but i really appreciated the style of the new collection. wow. the shoes were adorable too.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (11:59 AM) : 

I agree with comment about the classic Adidas and the pants..such a great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Ohh, loving the fancy pants with sneakers. Cool idea.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Being a woman of a certain age myself, I am gratified to see that thre are women out there in my age group with alot of personal style, and that you are documenting them. I have spread the word to my friends, and they love you wite as much as I do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

the last woman has royalty written all over her.

adore the locket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

the last woman looks like Miuccia!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting