This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Chanel

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, October 14, 2006

At Chanel

Here is a young lady with an interesting pair of pants in Paris.

I actually really love the long sweater over the little white skirt on her friend best. "The Chic Librarian"

Comments on "At Chanel"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I wonder whats in those goodiebags ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

BON VOS PHOTOS SONT MAGNIFIQUES;

les personnes aussi. et c'est pour ca que je ne pourrais jamais figurer dans votre blog, car malgres mes efforts, car j'aime la mode, j'ai toujours l'allure d'un thon.....grrr

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

Too bad the librarian looks like she's freezing to death.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

I'm not a fan, mostly because of the shapes of the clothes. I think the woman on the left would be more appealing to me if her skirt didn't bulge underneath her sweater like that...

 

Blogger abovo99 said ... (10:33 PM) : 

Actually, I am looking for that kind of black shoes on the girl with white skirt. So if you have any idea about the shoes, will you let me know? Thanks.

 

Blogger et said ... (1:43 AM) : 

I really like where the strap is positioned on her shoes.

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (3:22 AM) : 

What an idiosyncratic pair - they're certainly not model clones. Here's a funny trick; block off the bottom half of the pic and you get two slouchy girls. Block the top, two elegant ladies. Perhaps this tension makes the outfits intriguing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 AM) : 

i cant read french so can someone please interpret what anon 4:42 said

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 AM) : 

The librarian shoes...wahou.

 

Blogger bonnie said ... (7:42 AM) : 

a dark grey pencil skirt and she could've been "The sexy librarian".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Hate the sweatshirt, looooove the pants and how she mixed them with high heeled shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

i enjoy the long-sweater-skirt look, if its done well. it's definitely possible to cross over into total 80s redux/American Apparel nightmare, but if its done well, i think the play on proportions and visual expectation is great.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I guess harem pants are back. We saw it at MJ and now here in this photo. Not an easy look for a woman with hips but it's good to spice things up with a new shape versus all the stovepipes out there. Love her friend's Mary Janes and what looks like a grey wool quilted Chanel bag.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (3:42 PM) : 

wow...i think all of it looks clowny

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

I love this blog when it shows what interesting people on the street wear while going about their daily business. I don't find myself the least bit interested in photos of fashion show attendees or executives. More shots from everyday life, please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

i too miss the everday life photos. of course i love all your photos, but its nice getting inspiration from everday people too! :)

 

Blogger Butch said ... (10:09 PM) : 

Anon, 4:33: rough translation of Anon 4:42:

"Your photos are wonderful..as are the people in them. And it's because of that that I could never appear in your blog, because, despite my efforts, and though I love fashion, I always have the allure of a tuna!"

(Oh, dear!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

The one in black looks so frumpy- it's funny to me that her outfit probably cost many $100s of dollars when she looks so similar (aside from her shoes) to a lot of middle-aged ex-hippie women who buy their clothes at Chico's or something.

But if she were a 16-year-old model, harem pants still wouldn't be flattering. They're eternally ugly. (And I appreciate seeing non-models as well.)

The "librarian" looks quite cute, though!

 

Blogger fashion in theory said ... (10:50 PM) : 

i love your website and the pictures are fantastic.

it just makes me wonder, though, looking at these fashion insiders exactly why it is that almost everyone is caucasian or of european descent. as an young asian person i wonder why there aren't more people of colour in the fashion/media industry considering that cities such as New York and London are so diverse.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 AM) : 

Regarding the translation request:

"Your photos are magnificent; the people are, too. And that's why I could never be represented in your blog, because despite my effort, for I like "la mode," I still have the style of a tuna."

I thought I'd attempt that translation because I'm not a native French speaker, so the last phrase really tickled me. A tuna? Surely something was lost in translation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

the lady says : the pics great!!!
the people...also, that's why (and this is the real cruelty of nature), despite all her efforts, cause she loves fashion, she'll always have the allure of a really yummy fish........
oh lady pls lighten up, it's just fucking clothes!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 AM) : 

the librarian girl almost looks a little like scarlett johanson in disguise! i don't really like the black pants though, the shape is odd and probably wouldn't suit the regular person..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 AM) : 

anonymous at 4.43pm, I'm really not sure what 4.42pm said, but babelfish translates it as: "GOOD YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS ARE SPLENDID; people too. and it is for Ca that I could never appear in your blog, because malgres my efforts, because I like the fashion, I always have the pace of a tuna.....grrr"

"Pace of a tuna" - I like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Anonymous 4:42 said that the photos are wonderful, so as the people. Nevertheless, her bad appearance (despite her passion for fashion) would prevent her from being in those pages.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 AM) : 

in this photo, i love the grey/black/neutral geometric squares and rectangles in the foreground of the 2 girls, the car, the street, with the hit of the red rectangle of red from the girl's jacket in the background left.
this is like another painting.
sart, your photos are getting more and more amazing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

I LOVE them together- the librarian and the magician!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:20 AM) : 

The librarian's shoes are pretty cute too!

I like the trousers but think they need minimalist accessories to highlight them better - like delicate ballet flats and a fitted, plain shirt/t-shirt.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Ooops: in the translation of anon 4:42, above, I incorrectly gave "allure" For the similar French "allure." The latter translates more appropriately as "bearing," which makes the original comment much funnier (and, to me at any rate, less painful!)

 

Blogger marie said ... (2:12 AM) : 

The design of the black pants reminds of a MC Hammer music video from the early 1990's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

I find it frightening that I would wear the outfit on the left... and I'm a librarian.

Sometimes the stereotypes fit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

They seem to be tring to hard. It kinda remindes me of AB FAB.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

I would actually have liked to have seen the girl that is cut off on the right side of the photograph. I can see half a cute outfit on someone who isn't 5 foot 10!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

Red lips, geek glasses and Mary Janes = I'm in love.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting