This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Here We Go

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, September 04, 2006

Here We Go

When you walk down the street and see models just hanging on the steps like like a gang of fashion thugs then fashion week must be close.

Comments on "Here We Go"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

Oooo...nice shot. And beauty abounding. I want to hang out with these girls, please. Can I get the address? - JCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

just curious: whose shoes are on the pavement? none of them seems to be barefoot...

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Often models change shoes right before going into a casting. it is hard to run all over town in heels I guess

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

I believe the four of them cumulatively take up the same amount of space I would sitting solo on that stoop. Lovely girls, but will this trend toward the super-skinny ever end?

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (12:23 PM) : 

models are a strange breed. like a seperate species.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Wow, must make a note to visit NYC near fashion week...would be a shame to bump into so many models
:)

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (3:32 PM) : 

they look great...and they look like their having fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Once again we have all the skinny haters! you wouldn't comment on someone being obese so don't comment on someone being thin ... models have to be thin & most have the thin gene irrespective of what they eat ... i guess it's all about jealousy ...

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:24 PM) : 

looks like a fun hangout...nice photo!!
i wonder if there are cat fights during fashion week??
when I watch Fashion TV they seem to be all get along....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Female models have been super skinny for years now, it's really not anything special.

What is weird is how thin male models have become. I was browsing the runway shows from fall 06 and spring 07 and was struck by how tiny the guys are starting to look. Thin but super muscular was in a couple of years ago, but now they're all waifish.

Bring back the masculinity!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I don't think this shot could get any cooler.

GP

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I'm a guy and even I find them a tad skinny.

Not sure how effective models are if the man/woman in the street cannot imagine themselves looking good in the clothing they parade.

 

Blogger Adrian said ... (1:00 AM) : 

i was just in NYC..i wish I saw a random bunch of super gorgeous models just hanging out on the street! ..::heart:::...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Sure they're hot...but can they walk? Just kidding...this Prince Street posse is a Soho staple.

I'll take one of each...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 AM) : 

They don't look extremly thin to me. Only naturally thin, given their age and genes I guess. Models are thin because clothes simply fit better on a lean physiche.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

I look at this photo and I suddenly feel old.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 AM) : 

I think fashion models are too skinny. It's not that I'm jealous. Excessive thinness (oftentimes the result of anorexia, which you can often tell by people's faces: anorexics often have a "hungry" or "famished" look, haunted eyes, and pale lips... having been thru a similar bout myself, I can recognise it in others) offends my ocular senses. But lingerie and bathing suit models... wow! They look a million times better than fashion models. They look the way women should look. (They look the way I aspire to look now that I've grown to womanhood.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I don't mind models being skinny but I _would_ like to see more variety in the body types you photograph. I love the blog and enjoy the comments but would like to see some really stylish chunky folks especially when they don't seem embarassed about being larger! So, keep your wonderful artist's eye open for some fabulous fatties!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Geneticly blessed flukes! They must've been saints in prior lives.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Perfect photo of perfect girls in a perfect world!

Sarcasm aside, I really love how this photo sums up nyfw.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting