This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Crazy Week, Big Week

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 01, 2006

Crazy Week, Big Week

The weather has been a big pain this week - it rained almost everyday so it has been really frustrating trying to shoot outside this week but thanks for your patience.

Good news part 1 Yesterday I spent the whole day editing the video project and I'm really excited about it. Again, it is still early and it may or may not workout but I am cautiously optimistic.

Good news part 2. Next week starts my work full-time on The Sartorialist!

Good news part 3 It looks very possible that my good friends at GQ will add London to my upcoming European trip.

Comments on "Crazy Week, Big Week"

 

Blogger Francois said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Full time? than it means you were part time before, Sarto, you are pretty amazing. Good luck with your full time job.

 

Blogger Pamela said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Sartorialist, I love your spontaneous shots of real people in NYC wearing beautiful clothes and looking so stylish. Add to the photo your description of the encounter and your comments on their outfit and what you get is a completely original statement that will never be duplicated by anyone else. Since I like this style of yours I am disappointed to learn that you are getting all famous now and going to fashion shows etc. I know you love attending these things, and it's a great opportunity for you, but to me, it just means more photos of professionally beautiful people on runways wearing clothes that most people will never wear, which you can see in any fashion magazine. I hope you maintain your personal style and perhaps continue to show us scenes of the stage painter wearing the scarf with flair, etc. and perhaps an anonymous person you saw having coffee at a cafe, dressed beautifully.

 

Blogger CB said ... (10:14 AM) : 

you think release your video for sale? dvd? tv? internet?
greetings from a fan in spain.
rafael:.

 

Blogger Becky Delu said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I have never been in new york... :(
I love this city...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

London will be awesome for you b/c it really is up there with Tokyo for 'unique style' ...

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Believe me, my favorite shot and the one I talk about most was the painter shot at Calvin Klein.

If anything these new assignment give me more time to shoot characters like him all over the world not just New York. I have been in fashion for 16 years so the shows are not new to me I just have not done them as a photographer.

To Francois
Yes this was very part=time. I think you would be shocked at how little time I had to do this, usually only two days a week but broken up into a few hours here or there. Now it will be full-on so watch out!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Excellent - can't wait to see what ensues!!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Scott, may I ask what your other, more full-time gig is/was? Have always assumed that the blog was "avocational"....

...and now that it's full-time, well, I'm worried about how you'll put more Lidforts on the table....

Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Just thought I'd let you know what a Sartorialist addict I am. I positively love this website...it's my first check every morning. Thanks thanks thanks to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

juest a question, how it can be full-time if you dont even have google adsense on your blog? whats the new thesartirialist business model. bigups from warsaw/poland, thanks for inspiration (but you mislead me with that milan coverage, one week spent there showed me that the city is a fashion disaster as far as young people- older men are much better looking wardrobe-wise).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

I am sure we will see the "real people" again during/after the fashion shows. The shows provide the inspiration, after all.

I predict that we'll start seeing manly scarves/ascots with sequins, once The Sartorialist sports his. Very cool choice!

 

Blogger Lisa Laree said ... (3:38 PM) : 

There are a few blessed people in the world who get to earn their living doing what they would do for fun...congratulations on becoming one of them! Your work speaks for itself and I'm glad you're getting to take this step. More (fashion) power to the people! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

I love what you do and I am excited about the new developments. I would like to ask you some questions about your 16 year career in fashion, but I'm having trouble accessing your email through the link. Could you provide it in a response? Thank you.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Congratulations to you for all this great stuff. I look forward to seeing it all come to fruition!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Congrats, Scott! :) I can`t wait to see the fashionweek pictures!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Hi, can someone post me the link to the ck painter people talk about in this link?
thanks

 

Blogger Claire said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I will look out for you in London, when you came to Europe before I was a bit disappointed you didn't get to come here. It definitely has the most developed and interesting street style compared to Paris and Milan. Have a great time at the shows, I'm looking forward to all your pics. It's so exciting now to see how this is growing for you and I agree: full time doing what you love is the way to live!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

London will be tight if you come. Check out Camden Town, Hoxton, High St. Ken, Carnaby Street, Covent Garden and King's Road to name a few for some great shots.
Oh yeah, musn't forget the City and Canary Wharf for those bankers and lawyers in their suits...

 

Blogger METAFUS said ... (1:39 PM) : 

what happened to that video?
can we see it somewhere?
I like the fashion of the people...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting