This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Bitch!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 01, 2006

Bitch!


Today I went to pick up my new Ralph Lauren Black Label suit.

As soon as the lady brought it up from alterations I could just tell it was perfect!

I went to try it on and do a final fitting but just as I walked into the dressing room Anderson Cooper walks out of a fitting room wearing the same model suit!! What a Bitch!

He is looking all good and Anderson Cooper-y in my suit and I'm left looking all like......well. like me!

I will tell you what I'm not going to the Ralph show if he is there and wearing that suit.
Just to spite him I think I will go to the Ralph show wearing a safari jacket and looking all Dan Rather-y.

Comments on "Bitch!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

I love that you called him a "bitch"! I know it's not in the mean way..it's in the "why'd HE of ALL people go and buy MY suit...ugh" way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

LOL. I can't say how much I enjoy reading your blog. Btw, I'm sure you looked great in your suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

LOL. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. Btw, I'm sure you look great in your suit. No worries!

 

Blogger Adrian said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I think you can stand your own against Mr. Cooper anyday...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Be brave. Wear the suit. Brandish your camera. Make him sweat.

 

Blogger Charles P. Everitt said ... (6:24 PM) : 

A safari suit would be sweet.

You may have already talked about this in a previous post, but what's up with the influence jeans have had on what we expect dress pants to look like? Check out Anderson Cooper's pants in the bottom photo for instance: they're all clumped up at the bottom, and don't hang over his shoes. Cary would never pair those pants, at that length, with those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

You go girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

The nerve...but AC couldn't have the detailed alterations only your keen eye would catch. ps You are mentioned and linked on the post "Mens Fashion" @ www.GentsCanineSociety.com

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Of course I'm completely joking - it really happened-but I couldn't care less but as soon as it happened i thought it would be so funny for the blog

he looked great and I'm sure he is very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

HILARIOUS! So many great mental images in one short post! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

Anderson Cooper is a good man. He's deep and he cares about people. Did you see his coverage of Hurricane Katrina victims? Did you know that his mother is fashion icon, Gloria Vanderbilt?
She had 2 sons, he is the younger. His older brother jumped out of his mother's apt window, right in front of her, and he writes about it sometimes.
Wear the suit to the RL show, Sart. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would squirm over a suit. Neither should you. If he wears it when you wear yours, well, that's life, right? You will be in good company.

 

Blogger DAM said ... (8:34 PM) : 

1. I am now a religious reader of the blog. Daily and throughly.
2. AC is so nice, so hot, and loves Ralph Suits
3. Where are these pictures from of him?

Best of Luck

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

I love Anderson Cooper! I bet you both look great in the suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Don't worry about Andersoon Cooper; you'll both look great, but if you end up at the same show in the same suit, I'm willing to bet only one of you will remember his pocket square.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Well, Anderson Cooper is pretty sharp-looking, so you should just feel good knowing great sartorialist minds think alike!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Anderson has nothing on you. You own it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

He is HOT! But then again, so are you!

Wear your new sequined scarf and no one will notice HIM!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Sartorialist has become a unique and powerful voice in the lexicon of style, and thus an icon in his own right. I am sure it is AC that is flattered to have made the same choice as Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 AM) : 

I think his pants bunching up on top of his shoes is yucky.

My real question is how did you ever recognize him. I'm not sure I'd know him if he shook my hand and said I'm AC. I know I've been in the same room with "famous" people, but I never seem to notice. They all look so different from their screen images.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 AM) : 

I don't think Anderson Cooper can pull off that suit better than you! I bet you look way more sophisticated than he does ;)

 

Blogger ninaberries said ... (2:23 AM) : 

one up him and dress like katie couric! that'll show him! especially if you go photoshopped!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 AM) : 

...maybe anderson cooper was thinking 'oh my god, why did the sartorialist have to buy the same suit as me?'...

 

Blogger Jeremy Lagrange Gryffoyn said ... (5:42 AM) : 

I know you know yours fits better.

 

Blogger Rohan Jayasekera said ... (7:17 AM) : 

No doubt Anderson Cooper reads your blog and that's why he was trying on the suit that you'd already publicly raved about.

The Sartorialist wins again!

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (8:52 AM) : 

look what the fashion week has done to all of us ... it brings out our inner drama queens, thats for sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

ahahaha. seriously though. that's the attitude i had in eighth grade

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (10:16 AM) : 

hah! that is too funny! what are the chances of that happening!!!! well, i guess that just shows that you have awesome taste!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Your sounding like a woman not wanting to be seen in the same dress as another woman....get over it, you will look great, just wear some of those new shoes and pick up a special pocket square and tie.....anyway, sounds like you are going to wear you pants shorter anyway.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (12:00 PM) : 

You're in good company then.

'bitch'... haha- I love your blog.

Hope to bump into you during NYFW.

 

Blogger CJ said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Okay, you don't exactly look like chopped liver in your shot trying on jeans. Give yourself some credit. I love popping into your site each day.

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Hey it could be a "meet cute" opportunity, like the cliche of mutual dog owners meeting in the park

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (2:03 PM) : 

Please. Anderson Cooper could NEVER pull off that scarf, honey.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Sarto,

you'll both be goergous in your're suits. Seen both you and AC around Chelsea and you 2 lads given your differing physiques will lend own unique sense of style.

To the reader who mentioned that AC has great baby blues, guess what Sarto had great baby blues too. Good luck with all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

aha! finally your blog gets catty!

 

Blogger Bethany said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Anderson Cooper = love
Sarto = love
RL suits= love
AC + Sarto + RL = triple love.

 

Blogger New Yorkaise said ... (6:57 AM) : 

I'm pretty much obsessed with you. Hahahaha... You're hotter than Cooper, don't worry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 AM) : 

And who is Anderson Cooper ? Ok I googled him, TV, how old school ;-).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Andersoon Cooper is a vaguely attractive man, nothing more. You shouldn't think of him as a rival in terms of fashion.

He's just Anderson Cooper.

 

Blogger The Glossy Editor said ... (10:16 AM) : 

love it...surely he doesn't hold a flame against you!

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Anon..

What do you mean Sart HAD baby blues? What happened to them/him?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Ha!Ha!
This post made me grin...widely!

Comic moment indeed.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Forget him, wear the suit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

are you married?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 AM) : 

who's Anderson Cooper, why is he a celebrity, or at leat a famous person?

I don't live in the US so i guess he work in the US TV .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 AM) : 

I had to google anderson cooper as well. just shows how much more international you are.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

I would not wear Ralph Lauren suit if they pay me for. They should stick to making pastel T-shirts and khaki pants and occasional suit for a Hollywood movie (where quality of manufacturing is not of an issue anyhow)

Canali / Brioni customer

 

Blogger JA Firebrand said ... (10:59 PM) : 

LMAO - dude, like there is zero competition here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

If you want wear exclusive cloths, dress your in the Parisian haute couture houses, darling. I think calling "bitch" someone who wears the same that you wear is a little like calling "bitch" yourself. Don't be so proud of wearing ready -to-wear cloths an be a little modest please.

 

Blogger ENID P. said ... (7:53 PM) : 

I love Anderson Cooper....and I am confident that I would love you and Anderson Cooper in the suit. I know that you both have your own styles and will thus look good and different in your RL suits. This just means you both have good taste.

ENID P.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

You could do worse than be compared to Anderson. Yum-a-lum-a-ding-dong.

Please, did you sneak an extra long peak? I'd ask for a sneaked pic, but gotta respect the man's privacy. He's a good guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Alteza, you should practice understanding what "tongue in cheek" means.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

LoL!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting