This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Proenza Schouler - Bold Women

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

At Proenza Schouler - Bold Women

Update - Everyone seems to love the woman in the top photo.
Her name is Giovanna Battaglia, fashion editor L'Uomo Vogue.
I have another shot of her at the Thom Browne show on Men.Style.com
Check the Saturday archive

Comments on "At Proenza Schouler - Bold Women"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

absolutely gorgeous use of color.. especially the lady in the second picture with the black tights.

 

Blogger 'Clavdia' said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Oh! I adore this yellow coat! And so perfect with a wispy oyster grey scarf.
Like the best earl grey with lemon.
Thank you for this

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

The first one is the most beautiful woman you ever took a picture of for your blog.

 

Blogger Decorno said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Woman with red bag - - I want to BE you.

Good lord, she's fabulous.

 

Blogger Decorno said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Woman with red bag - - I want to BE you.

Good lord, she's fabulous.

 

Blogger lauracrow said ... (10:53 AM) : 

the woman in the top photo is absolutely amazing.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:58 AM) : 

How fun and action shot! Love the two outfits. Yellow is a strong color in many collections, but this is an excellent fall version.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Wow. The woman in the top pic is quite a vision. Smart, sexy. Confident. That made my day, Sart.

 

Blogger Style Spot said ... (11:10 AM) : 

That red bag in the first picture is absolutely beautiful! And I'm loving the bold contrast between the yellow dress and all the black. So pretty! Fantastic blog by the way...love reading it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Why are we suddenly all carrying bags that are bigger than our torsos? What all do they have stuffed into those things, anyway? Changes of clothes? Lunch? Their toddlers? It's gotten truly ridiculous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

WOW, the top one is super sexy!

 

Blogger LovaGirl said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Loving everything bout it. Love yellow, Love red! Love both their looks.. so BOLD!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

The woman in the gray dress is perfection. The dress, the shoes, THE BAG! Love. Did I mention the bag?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

come on sart, we want more pics of the top sexy woman! you know it makes sense

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (12:16 PM) : 

everyone has big bags because they are full of show invitations, run-of-show list , office paper work etc.

A lot of these people are from out of town so they can't stash it back at the office or stop by the hotel between shows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

you know, I was just looking at the proenza shouler collection and was thinking that the models were actually too skinny for those thight skirts (no shape) and here comes the perfect model: slim but not skin and bones.
great!!
I like the second look but black tights seem forced on it for september. for me, that kills it.
PS: sorry for always commenting anonimously, but i can't seem to be able to create an id...

 

Blogger comtedamour said ... (12:22 PM) : 

ou la la regarding the top pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

again on PS: didn't like the tennis like skirts.
A

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I think big bags are attractive, but walking around in a city with one in the crook of your arm is just asking to be mugged, in my opinion. It seems a little imprudent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Dear Scott,

On a separate note, great to see you and The Sartorialist mentioned in today's Wall Street Journal!!

Have read your blog since Feb. '06 (because of WWD reference) and it is always a pleasure. Enjoy your point of view, honesty, enthusiasm and energy. Because of your blog, I have not renewed my U.S. fashion mag subscriptions although am still devoted to Italian and Paris Vogue...always enjoy hearing your comments on these as well.

Best wishes!!
A Devoted Boston Fan

 

Blogger ENID P. said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Yes, I love what Giovanna Battaglia is wearing top to bottom impecable. I got my version of that red bag already superb...
On the lookout for a similar cut dress...

ENID P.

 

Blogger CANTALAO said ... (2:41 PM) : 

in the first picture, she was lake a vision beetwen the people arround

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Giovanna Battaglia - there is a little story on her in the new (pink) issue of u.s. vogue. she is from another world altogether..

 

Blogger Rene Schaller said ... (3:46 PM) : 

the yellowdress is made by WUNDERKIND

it´s love to see it at your blog, because i´m working for that wonderfull label

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (4:18 PM) : 

The woman from L'Uomo Vogue is so effortlessly stylish!

Any info on the dress? I'm curious

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I guess the woman on the second picture is Julia Freytag from German Glamour. Beautiful dress & tights! Thanks for your wonderful blog!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Plus it's all about a big bag still!

(By the way, you might want to correct the spelling of "Proenza" from the current "Proezna" on the title)

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (8:34 PM) : 

wow! the lady in the top photograph is beautiful! lovely dress..awesome bag! just overall great!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

my theory is that for ny'ers these bags have taken the place of cars as status symbols (because we don't drive). the trend is bigger, more ornate, more expensive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

wonderful palette -- these colors are so refreshing and sharp. grey is great, i'm so happy to see it popping up these days. the black tights are somewhat faddish but i love 'em anyway.

 

Blogger Eli said ... (10:46 PM) : 

ahhhhhhh! another gray dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Scott, I was having a dodgy day until I saw that snap at the top - of the lady with the red bag - now I am in love... again. My goodness... is she perfect? Where can I send her flowers?!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 PM) : 

No wonder why the love her! Look at the dress! the belt! the bag! The way she accesorizes along with that gorgeous hair looks just awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

WOW! The woman in the top photo is just perfect. And I love everything about the dress..the color, shape, plus the belt. It's simple and classic, and suits her so well, I didn't even care to notice her red bag. This is MY idea of a beautiful daytime dress on a very stylish woman. Thanks for the inspirational photo Sartorialist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

I'm having trouble finding the archive, could you maybe include a link?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM) : 

proenza schuler ah? I didn't like their collection. too hervé léger for my taste, it doesn't look like something that i would expect from them... anyway.

 

Blogger Broady said ... (9:17 AM) : 

How do the Italians do it? Bellisima...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

she sooo stylyyyyy..i love her dress....that's obvious....she's italian!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I think the first woman is attractive, but I don't think she's a perfect vision of beauty (as other people seem to), even after looking at other pics of her.

That said, she's certainly stylish and she looks great. I love the girl in yellow, but I would have worn dark brown tights and brown shoes, just because I always feel like a bee in black and yellow. Love the dress and the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Giovanna is absolutely lovely. The grey dress is beautiful, a mix between business like and romantic. Most of all I like her skin tan and the reflections on her beautiful legs.
One of the inspirings shots i have ever seen in your fantastic blog.

Regards
Mero

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Giovanna is a dream! Her look is a great way to transition into Fall despite the heat in September. A grey dress, cinched at the waist in black and that oxblood large tote. Bellisima! It's all about large totes, especially for these fashionistas. But of course I'd say that. She's like an Italian screen goddess in La Dolce Vita. Bravo Sarto for a catching this shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

I found a photograph of Gioanna Battaglia no less than 7 years ago. I snipped it out and placed it next to my computer as a description of innate grace and beauty. There is a paragraph next to the photo that shows she is both of those things inside as well. How nice to see these things endure!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

I found a photograph of Gioanna Battaglia no less than 7 years ago. I snipped it out and placed it next to my computer as a description of innate grace and beauty. There is a paragraph next to the photo that shows she is both of those things inside as well. How nice to see these things endure!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Thank you, Amanda, for suggesting that carrying the big bag in the crook of your arm (tho, any size bag, really) is just asking to be mugged.

Coming from a small Indiana town to the big city, I possessed an innate sense of safety and security. I still usually have no wallet on me-- money and id fit comfortably in my front pocket.

While men typically have fewer things to carry around, most women could do much better if they gave it some thought.

The typical DC woman has three bags: purse, briefcase, and gym bag. Gee, why not offer the mugger a choice while you make yourself even more of a target burdened by three bags! More and more I see bags on wheels (essentially luggage) and know for a fact, based on where I am, that these women are neither going to nor coming from the airport! Please, people—what do you need to carry around all the time?

I noticed Rafe in another entry ask where the young lady’s bag was. As much as I can appreciate the fashion accessory aspect of a bag, I really wish people would stop carrying so much stuff with them—just begging to have it taken. I have more than one friend who lost a whole bag of stuff just because they had it all with them…

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I think that Giovanna has an effortless chic that is definitely apparent in this photo. I have seen other pics and read articles of her and she always seems to encompass the same kind of chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

While the photo is fabulous and Giovanna Battaglia does look lovely, I don't find her (or the red bag) that remarkable. Is everyone on the L'Uomo Vogue payroll? :P

Love the girl in the yellow coat though. Now that's perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

While the photo is fabulous and Giovanna Battaglia does look lovely, I don't find her (or the red bag) that remarkable. Is everyone on the L'Uomo Vogue payroll? :P

Love the girl in the yellow coat though. Now that's perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Sarto,

can you please repost Giovanna Battaglia's picture? I just want to see a blow up of her face like a head shot.
she is ravishing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Two WELL DRESSED women Sart , thank you very much.Inspirational.

I saw the picture of Giovanna in Style.com, she is GORGEOUS.Your work there too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

David,

I don't know about everyone else, but I carry gym clothes (sometimes including sneakers), a small cosmetics bag, a book or magazine to read on my commute (and I'm currently reading Kristin Lavransdatter, which is about 1000 pages long), and lunch (so I have more money to spend on clothes ;)
I also take a writing class and have to occasionally lug around readings.

When you don't have a car, you can have a lot to carry around. I'd rather one big bag than one small, personally. I've also lived in NYC 10 years and don't know one person who has been mugged--although obviously, it does happen.

 

Blogger Karin said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Classy. All of it.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (8:30 PM) : 

Giovanna looks great, but dresses that tight inevitably make me wonder what happens when they sit down. Let's hope the side seams are reinforced...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Giovanna has an aesthetic curve to her legs, and her abdomen, while not flat, has an equally eye-pleasing curve. She could be a marble sculpture. So it might not just be the dress, but a natural gift of proportion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

The top woman...LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

i am obsessed with battaglia, she is so chic & so beautiful. for those who don't know, there's an article on her & her style in the sept vogue

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

How funny, I just read the article on Giovanna Battaglia yesterday afternoon and thought she was quite charming. I covet her bag, too.
Personally, my style is more in tune w/the woman in yellow, though. How beautiful that color looks on her! I simply fade away in yellow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

it's bold with the red bag and it seems easy to overdue or underdo...it makes me nervous, like if i try the red bag look...i'd be the courderoy blond behind her wishing i hadn't been walking next to giovanna the day i tried.
be careful out there with your red bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

The woman in the yellow coat looks a little bit like Julia Freitag, fashion editor of the German Glamour magazine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Yes,the lady in second pic is absolutely awesome!Love the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I saw that article about her in Vogue. It was really good. I love that woman.

 

Blogger Carelia said ... (9:05 PM) : 

The yellow dress was paired with the perfect touch of soft grey scarf and neutral color bag and shoes, all worked well to tone down the look.

and for the grey outfit..she found the perfect color bag to bring this outfit alive.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting