This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist Takes A Roadtrip

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Sartorialist Takes A Roadtrip

After almost a year of posting almost everyday, this week I'm on a vacation/roadtrip.
I have my camera and laptop so I hope to be posting as I go but wireless connection is sometimes tricky. (but it is working right now!)

Please be patience with me for the next week, I have a bag full of great books and magazines to give me new inspiration (a great new book on Cartier-Bresson portraits) and I had a very nice long drive today which gave me time to think about the next year and how i want to grow the blog.

Just a little heads up! If you live in Chicago and you see a guy ,that looks like me, holding a camera please say hi!

Finally
When i first started The Sartorialist I used some of my favorite images that I had taken over the previous few years. I posted them but at that time I didn't have much traffic. To fill some of the void over the next week I will repost a few of my favorites from archive - I'd love to hear what you think of the shots

Thanks
Scott

Comments on "The Sartorialist Takes A Roadtrip"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Have a great trip. I love your blog. It's the best of it's kind. Keep up the good work. And thank you.

G

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Can't wait, Sarto!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

Looking forward to the archive photos. I just recently found this site, thanks to the chez pim blog, and it's become a huge favorite.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

a break well-deserved.

you wouldn't happen to be going to chicago for lollapalooza, would you?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Enjoy your well deserved vacation! When you get back I would like to get your thoughts on the Fall 06 Thom Browne puffy vests.
Enjoy!

 

Blogger .......... said ... (7:41 PM) : 

your blog is my coffee. must have a fix every morning to be happy. love your taste and hope you continue to share your pics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

have a great drive; don't let the (road) turkeys get you down!

 

Blogger Kelli said ... (8:37 PM) : 

Have a great time & stay cool!! Chicago will be a beautiful backdrop for your shots and the people are lots of fun. I look forward to posts.

Remember that at 2am deep fried Snickers and Twinkies only 'sound' good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

I'll wager that Alice has a minor heart attack when she hears you're on your way to the windy city...If I know her well (and I do) she'll have her head on a swivel looking for you, Sarto...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

It's about time something other than Calgon took you away. Have a ball and remember: No Hitchhikers!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (9:41 PM) : 

have a great trip Scott!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Love your blog & wish u have a wonderful vacation!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

I'm looking forward to it! Have a wonderful trip! Best wishes to you in the future.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

Felices vacaciones!

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (10:28 PM) : 

Enjoy your vacation!
Do you already have a hotel
here in Chicago?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

O u are going for a trip againz~~
take care and take good fotos !!

When will u come to my place, Hong Kong? its the shopping paradise with fun and glamourous ppl !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

Your blog is fantastic. I, too, am addicted. Have a great time in Chicago: a beautiful and charming city with more style than the Midwest gets credit for. I look forward to your pics!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

I've been loving this blog.

I wanted to offer a word of feedback while you're thinking about where to take it in the future. One of the things I love about this blog is that it contains almost zero additional design elements, apart from those dictated by Blogger.com. That way the clothes and photography are the focus. I'd hate it if you hired a webdesigner to give your site a slick new 'look'.

You do what you do so well here and I'm hoping it doesn't change too much.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (11:33 PM) : 

Enjoy the roadtrip...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM) : 

It would be great to run into you in Chicago! I have to warn you that the heatwave is pretty intense here. Stay cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

I was wondering when you'd come to Chicago! I'll have to make sure to dress my best ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 AM) : 

wheee the Sart's coming to chitown! I'll be sure to say hi if I see you :) Although it's blistering hot right now, I'm sure you'll still find plenty of people to shoot :)

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (3:47 AM) : 

Have a great time in Chicago.

Greatings from Milan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

Hi, I take the opportunity to say that I've followed your blog faithfully for some months now and that your pics (for me) most of all presents and brings a quitness and a coolness that's most welcome. Thanks!

Surely Cartier-Bresson will bring inspiration. Enjoy your trip :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Enjoy your holiday!! Love your blog, Marie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 AM) : 

have a fun during ur trip :)Ure doing a great job here, on blogger.com.I'm not in Chicago so its not possible for me to say hi :(

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:44 AM) : 

thanks everyone!!

it is great to have such a supportive readership!

it sure helps when I'm out shooting in the very hot or very cold to know you all appreciate it so much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Enjoy your vacation. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Cartier-Bresson portraits.

Jeff

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:30 AM) : 

phew! thanks scott! i don't have to worry about picking out the perfect outfit for a week. don't worry, i'll still be fashionable, maybe not up to sartorialist standards though.

thanks for keeping me in-line year round!!!!

 

Blogger Gina said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Buon viaggio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

i hope to run into you in chicago! you are the first thing i process every morning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

What a coincidence that you are on vacation; yesterday I tried to leave a message telling you not to 'forget' to take one. You are doing such a great job writing and taking photographs that I don't want you to burn out. Congratulations on all of your hard work and amazing power of observation!

 

Blogger ORDEagle said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Here in Chicago you have to get some pictures of the traders and runners around the Board of Trade - everything from Saville Row bespoke to post-punk style

 

Blogger erin said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Great time to come to Chicago, although just a little hot. I'll make an extra effort to look my best this week!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

We couldn't agree more with LePetitdoodler (hm, wotta name?),
your blog is COFFEE! Spiritual coffee, that is. A sartorial espresso, and occasionally dolce.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Enjoy your vacation! I love your blog and appreciate your stylish tastes and discerning eye. Will you take pictures of people while you are here in Chicago? I hope so -- we humble Chicagoans have style, too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

I'm nervous and excited you'll be in our fine city. Let me know if you need a roadie/intern.

A

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

when are you coming to boston??!! its a must that we are at soome point graced with your presence on our wonderful streets!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 AM) : 

the sartorialist at lollapalooza? could it be true?

 

Blogger KLynn said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Damn! I just left Chicago four days ago! Oh well...I wouldn't have been a subject of your camera anyway (too tired from driving).

Have a safe, fun, and relaxing trip!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Hope you have a great trip. I will look for you on the streets in Chicago. Your blog is fantastic, as always!

Oh, and an earlier comment is correct-Chicago does have more style than the Midwest gets credit for...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

I love your blog.
Have a nice trip.
kisses from Brazil,
Selita

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting