This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist in GQ Starting in October

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Sartorialist in GQ Starting in October

I could not be more excited to announce that starting this October I will have a recurring page in GQ (American) !!

I just finished the first page and I really love it. It is crazy when a magazine as good as GQ says that you can do what you want and then actually lets you do it!

What does this mean for the blog?
-More access to an even wider and better range of designers and brands
-More travel to cities other than just Paris and Milan
-More time to work on The Sartorialist specific projects

i think this will only make the blog stronger

By next Monday I should have another pretty big announcement on a separate project that will also help take The Sartorialist to the next level

I could not have done this without the support of my growing loyal readership - I'm really happy to share this with you.

Scott

Comments on "The Sartorialist in GQ Starting in October"

 

Blogger kurt said ... (6:15 PM) : 

WOW!!

i can't wait

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:17 PM) : 

THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!

Can't wait for the next phase.

 

Blogger Murph said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Congratulations, friend. You have earned this. Good luck with it.

 

Blogger priscilla said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Congratulations! Well-deserved, I'd say, from reading your blog.

 

Blogger Claudie said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Totally, totally deserved. Brilliant.

 

Blogger grace said ... (7:09 PM) : 

No way! That is so freaking cool....wow. I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations...and I can't wait to buy GQ just to read your piece!

 

Blogger la femme said ... (7:25 PM) : 

Congratulations! How incredibly exciting for you... and all of us obsessive readers.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (7:46 PM) : 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! i hope that having a page for GQ doesn't mean that there will be less women's street style photos...

 

Blogger ginogiovannigemignaniboxing said ... (7:47 PM) : 

what happened to you being a stay at home dad? ;-)
Kidding
Congrats and much continued success!
Great Blog and look forward to your GQ page.

 

Blogger Mandy said ... (7:54 PM) : 

Congratulations!!!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (8:03 PM) : 

awesome Scott!!
way to go!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (8:09 PM) : 

Just had to add - I really really hate that marine/armyboy haircut
Justin just looks weird with it.....

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:19 PM) : 

to Susan

Actually, any of the women's photos i take while traveling for GQ are mine so I think it will really help the women's "on the street" shots

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Bravo!
Are you still at men@style.com?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:58 PM) : 

Excelent blog!!! Congratulations

 

Blogger elena said ... (10:09 PM) : 

Congrats :)

 

Blogger Baby Daddy said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Scott -

I don't know how I found you, but I've been reading you (via my google reader) since you first came out. So from Nashville, TN a big ole congrats! Looking forward to the continued news...

 

Blogger s said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Wow.
The first time I visited this blog, there were barely 3 to 4 comments on the postings..(although they were still great, great shots)

Now you are going soooo big!! I always knew this would happen someday - it was just a matter of time the world would discover this - a fashion blog that is real with elegance and great taste, at the same time so unassuming and artistic.

Congrats to you, Scott. I think your star is still rising fast and there are even bigger things coming for you. :)

 

Blogger ACB said ... (2:16 AM) : 

Congratulations! It's so great to see blog success turn into "real world" success!

 

Blogger hilde said ... (3:38 AM) : 

So happy for you, this is a happy day for streetstyle loving people. Love your graceful pictures!

-Hilde

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Fantastic. Great.

Waiting for thousands of new posts ... ;-)

Ciao da Milano

 

Blogger Cookiemonster said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Hey!
Congrats, really.
The Sart really is a shooting star huh?
But you deserve it, it's one of my favourite moments of the day to check out your blog.
:D

 

Blogger Ina O' Murchu said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Congratulations Scott.The hard work and persistence paid off.
I'm glad youre back in New York too!
Harajuku in Tokyo is the place to get to next.
Ina

 

Blogger Solomon Animashaun said ... (5:02 AM) : 

well done Scott!!!......I have followed the blog since it's inception and have been facinated ever since!

 

Blogger Zahra said ... (5:43 AM) : 

Congrats with it all :)

 

Blogger perdukistan said ... (6:01 AM) : 

that's right is exactly where i found you. best wishes ;)

 

Blogger zilch said ... (6:12 AM) : 

Oh wow! I'm so excited for you! *clap clap clap clap*

I guess good quality does travel well with words. I bet soon you will become very international and I look forward to see your view outside of Paris, NY and Milan.

I wonder how you will take places like London or Tokyo; should be very interesting ^.-

Bonne Chance!

P.S. I have recommended your blog to my friend and she told me that it keeps her from being depressed in her work place. LOL Your positive energy is obviously coming through. ^^

 

Blogger Nerine said ... (7:33 AM) : 

Wow. Congratulations, Sartorialist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Congratulations Scott. As a long time subscriber to GQ (10 years) and a recent devotee of your blog (about a month) I think this is a great fit for everyone.

I actually found your blog based off of a Glenn O'Brien (GQ Style Guy) tip, either on the GQ podcast on on Glenn's blog.

Great stuff,
Jeff S.

 

Blogger Francois said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Great news for the "Stylish & Unfamous" of this world. Well deserved!

 

Blogger Berkelycole said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Congratulations!!! Really great to see a grass-roots-like venture like yours take off... kill the people (well in a Thelma Ritter kind of way)!!

 

Blogger WWND said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Congrats! How very exciting for you and for us, as well!!
Job well done!

 

Blogger Edamamepyjamas said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

 

Blogger CAMEL said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Nice. Your efforts deserve praise. I really admire you^^

I really enjoy your blog very much.

greeting from Taipei

 

Blogger ENID P. said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Kudos...I love GQ ...and now I have an excuse to subscribe....

ENIDP. www.allabout-style.com

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Wow indeed! Congrats! You now are with the fashion Gods...Conde Nast opens all doors.

 

Blogger Camille Acey said ... (1:37 PM) : 

congrats!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:27 PM) : 

that's hot, i'm buying the october issue

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Lucky GQ!

 

Blogger Admin said ... (3:42 AM) : 

Love your blog but I think it's time to get your own domain .. categories would be great too!

Congrats on the GQ spot.

 

Blogger Sissy said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Congratulations!!!I'm telling you, a book is the next step... :->

 

Blogger KLynn said ... (3:35 PM) : 

I am SO THRILLED for you! Congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

congratulations - i'm a serious blog lurker and love your commentary and savvy. i've forwarded you to all my fabulous friends who find 70's YSL in the Goodwill and wear it with style (grey suit WITH vest, soft buttery yellow shirt and gorgeous tie).

thanks - you are wonderful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 PM) : 

Just when I was about to cancell my subscription...

 

Blogger Ali B. said ... (10:09 PM) : 

Very impressive and well deserved! You blog and photos entertain me on a daily basis - my summertime lunch "date" is The Sartorialist! (Hope that doesn't sound completely pathetic?!?!) Ahhh ... I love your commentary & photos - especially the bike photos! Take care!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Congrats from Jamaica. Big Up!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting