This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street...Yet Another Great Summer Dress, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 17, 2006

On The Street...Yet Another Great Summer Dress, New York


Obviously all the drama of this dress is in the back

Comments on "On The Street...Yet Another Great Summer Dress, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Love the dress, but does anyone else think espadrille wedges look too clumpy? I never got that trend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

The full skirt is great with the open back.
Flat sandals would have made this look prettier, though.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Interesting that you point to the drama in a dress. I believe dresses are dramatic per se. Summer allows for some casual wear of drama, hence the beauty of dresses in sumer time. Lovely shot.

 

Blogger Loulou said ... (11:15 AM) : 

ok.. i love this. soo flattering. the bow detail is so ironic needs to the overtly sexy expanse of bared skin.. the skirt shape wreminds me of the 50s euro style in some beachy french town....

 

Blogger ENID P. said ... (11:38 AM) : 

I love the dress...and I like the contrast with the shoes...

But for me I could only wear black or white shoes....

ENID P.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (11:49 AM) : 

love this dress! i think the espadrille wedges look great...i would have preferred white ones, but the shoes just add to the nice summery feel of it all.

 

Blogger Claire said ... (2:26 PM) : 

very cute. makes me wish I could go sans bra too for the cool backless look. sigh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Scott... I look at this and...

I am in love...

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (7:15 PM) : 

That's a great dress - windowpane again...I love the accent of the sash around the waist. Think the espadrilles + bag work with the whole outfit, make it look casual day-on-the-Cote-d'Azure-ish. I feel like she's referencing Brigitte Bardot.

At the risk of sounding like my mother, however, the Sart mentioned long cuffs as a pet peeve...I have to say the visible tan lines (bra straps, bikini marks) etc. are one of mine. I do acknowledge, though, that they can be hard to avoid, and some days you just have to expose them in order to not die of heat exhaustion, covered up.

 

Blogger Frida said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Obviously! This is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

I like that she's wearing tan shoes rather than black or white. Matching is overrated. And being too matchy-matchy often ends up looking more cheap than chic.

 

Blogger CaliforniaStyle said ... (12:04 AM) : 

Love the back of this dress....so cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 AM) : 

Baby got back.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting