This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street... Vintage Guy, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

On The Street... Vintage Guy, New York

Usually I'm not a big fan of looks that are too vintage but this look is just modern enough. I guess the only super vintage element is the color but even that is a nice break from downtown black and charcoal.

Comments on "On The Street... Vintage Guy, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

One of my favorite jokes:

Q: Do you know why NYers always wear blacK?

A: They're just waiting for something darker to come along.

Funny, no? - JCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

The word dapper comes to mind. I am on side with you that I generally don't "do vintage", but this one pulls it off. I love the hat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

At first I wasn't sure about the belt: but everything else works so I'll overlook it.

I'd also lose the leather wristband, unless it's a watch, in which case, I guess it's forgivable.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (10:27 PM) : 

Again--see gentlemen below and comments about him--color carries the day.

 

Blogger mike said ... (1:07 AM) : 

I don't like the hat.

The rest is good though! Retro indeed.

 

Blogger Mme said ... (9:08 AM) : 

I love this. Color, hat, plaid all of it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

This is great personal style. Love the word tips of his oxford. The wristband works. His big navy airline bag and that porkpie hat is cool. I wish more men would have this guys sense of daring, individuality and nonchalance. In a sea of NY black, I agree with you, it is refreshing to see other colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Love the color of the pants.

I wonder if a close-up of the shirt would show a tiny strip with a similar shade?

I think a hat always adds - in addition to keeping the sun off you. This one goes nicely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I like the outfit, I agree with it looking very Capote-y. Although my favourite part is the rolled up pants. They are rolled up just high enough for us to see his shoes but not high enough that we can distinguish what he is matching his socks to.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

He pulls off a look I always wished I could have when I tried the vintage route in the 80's. It still works.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Is that Charles Phoenix? He's very cool, as is this young man, and so is this site.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

I like his sense of color. The hat is definitely fitting, casual and gentlmenly (if thats a word). Looks ready to go about town and tip his hat to a few of the ladies.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting