This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street... A Style All Her Own, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

On The Street... A Style All Her Own, New York

This is one of those women that is just so.....unique.
You can't help but look and see what you can pull from het look -the little socks, the cardigan half on, the hat, the giant bag.

You can just tell she is one of those people that just sees clothes differently - she has a different connotation of what certain pieces mean and what they say about her and what they say to others.

Like a great wine I bet she will only get better and more eccentric with time, or at least I hope.

Comments on "On The Street... A Style All Her Own, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 AM) : 

as much as a respect those with individual style, wearing a cardigan only half on...is just useless...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

Somehow this picture makes me think of Mary Poppins.

 

Blogger Nerine said ... (7:54 AM) : 

I would also like to have seen the front, to see what facial expression might have gone with it.

On the short hair on women topic: Russell Smith in the Globe and Mail wrote a column on it on Aug. 5 and the the readers' responses were published on Aug. 12. He claimed it's not short if it moves, but if it doesn't... it's a mom cut, and thus not sexy. And it opened a can of worms. I guess I didn't realize so many people had such a strong opinion about hair length. It would be interesting to see more examples of sexy short hair on women- I know they're out there.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:48 AM) : 

I would have liked to see it from the front also but she was walking so fast I knew I would never catch her so i shot it anyway

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

This is what makes your website so brilliant. Your appreciation for the realities and eccentricities of life. Thank you for always remembering to emphasize the human aspect of having great style.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I wonder if you'd managed to catch her, the reaction would have been a puzzled one: "What? Why do you want to photograph me?"

Yes, she catches your eye. An eclectic mix that the wearer makes wearable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Little soxes!

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to put soxes on under the shoes I need to walk to work in. I sometimes go with tan ones so they don't show, but maybe the bolder the better with a summer outfit.

If she's like me those soxes might dissapear into the bag once she gets where she's going.

And maybe she got hot, but can't put the bag down to get out of the other sleeve.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

I wish to be eccentric...I sift through my closet and pair all of these different outfits that look great in the mirror (or so I think) but when I actually get ready to wear them out they don't have the same pizzaz as the night before and I chicken out.

I fear I'd just look dumpy and weird rather than eclectic cool. LOL!

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Interesting how she achieves a retro feel without wearing stuff that's necessarily vintage (maybe the shoes).

I'm a HUUUUUGE vintage fan, but I agree with Sart post above that there's a line that can be crossed into 'costumey'...but this woman just radiates some kind of weird, appealing, 'bygone' kind of elegance...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

I think it's great to see people who are not constrained by popular notions of fashion.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (5:52 PM) : 

wow...now her personality definately seems to scream through her clothes...somehow she seems like she would be a very determined independent lady. good for her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Anon 12:02am, There isa practicality behind wearing a cardigan only half on. She is carrying a large and perhaps heavy tote. The covered arm is being protected, so as not to get red marks from the bag. Especially if she has to walk a distance.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Fabulous!

When I grow up, I hope to be that eccentric :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting