This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

It's High Summer And The Farmers Market Is Bursting With Natural Beauty

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's High Summer And The Farmers Market Is Bursting With Natural Beauty

I love flowers but I love it even more when my apartment smells like a fresh summer mix of basil, parsley, and cilantro.

Comments on "It's High Summer And The Farmers Market Is Bursting With Natural Beauty"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

lovely pictures!

 

Blogger roaringmommy said ... (10:17 AM) : 

The picture of the woman is hands down one of my favorites. She looks so sultry and beautiful. It's easy to see how you spotted her!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Best Bruschetta

Grill or broil thick slices of country bread. Rub their surfacs with halved garlc cloves and brush with the best olive oil you can afford. Combine cored and diced tomatoes--four medium sized for about eight slices of bread--with slivered fresh basil leaves, say about one-half cup for the above quantities. Salt and pepper to taste and--enjoy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

The light make up is exquisite, complimenting the bone structure perfectly. The wide shoulders are classicaly chic. The paring of the black skirt with the lacy peasant blouse is simply tour de force. Everything is so uncontrived yet beautiful - I do have to wonder if the look is as unstudied as it appears to be. Regardless, she pulls off everything wonderfully. The accompanying still lives are surprising, but I think Scott has offered an appropriate contextualization here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

H O T !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Beauty abounding. Why do I want to share some of nature's cornucopia with this maiden? Why do I keep returning to look at her left hand for a ring and hoping to not find one there? - JCH

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Wow...it's like a 1940's picture of my grandmother. The clean but thoughtful beauty of her is really nice to see.

 

Blogger Matthew Forsythe said ... (12:32 PM) : 

1.25 each for those heads of garlic! i guess that's the price of living in the big apple.

 

Blogger Teri said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Her body is absolutely amazing. A pair of white top and black pencil skirt always has a too office look. Now, she makes it so casual. At the same time, it is so sophisticated and perfectly beautiful on her body. Again, her bone structures are gifted. Love it! Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

She looks great in that outfit, it brings out her beautiful curves.

Oh yeah, and she reminds me of Geena Davis in "A League of Their Own". A very classic look.

 

Blogger laceybediz said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I love the produce pics!! Markets are great-- I've been doing the same at Pike's Place Market here in Seattle-- a feast for the eyes-- flowers, produce, people, culture...yay!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Beside the incontestable joy that wonders of nature bring to cityscapes, the women looks totally II world war to me. The hair, the posture, the look on her face have vintage qualities. Unusual convention of retro images. More curly short hair and vines with fruits in the cities, I say!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Wow, she is gorgeous. The hair, the lips, the combination of the slightly frilly blouse with the simple line of the skirt... and that collarbone... I never comment here, but this is something.

 

Blogger eye4style said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Gorgeous! Thanks for these:)

 

Blogger blix said ... (3:30 PM) : 

O my gosh, that isnt a "peasant blouse" but a camisole.
Camisoles are often made of a stretchy spandexy knit nowadays, but this one looks like woven cotton. It relies on piecing and probably tucks, among other things, to conform to the curves of the body.

It is very feminine, and while traditionally an undergarment, is pretty to wear as a top and especially with the narrow black skirt.

Actually, with the narrow skirt the camisole is a lovely surprise. A wide skirt wouldn't be as elegant. Actually, a wide skirt would scream "wench" don't you think?

 

Blogger Loulou said ... (3:32 PM) : 

i love that woman. i love how she worker her hair and make up right into the look

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (4:41 PM) : 

she looks english.
do you know where she was from ?

 

Blogger Mme said ... (5:05 PM) : 

That woman is the most beautiful person I have ever seen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

My Celtic heart doth skip a beat... And she's got Galway Bay hair (red...) Sigh.... Scott you've done it again. Frankly, it's her entire persona that knocks me sideways... when I look at her I feel like sprinting down the street to find flowers to give her... along with a verse of 'Danny Boy'... Ach well... Sigh again....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Yup...she's quite a tomato!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I love the entire sequence! I don't want to stand on a soapbox and go on about posture . . . but isn't hers lovely? I think that has something to do with madame k comparing Natural Beauty to the young Katherine Hepburn. The photo wouldn't be quite the same with a modern slouch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

She looks like Olivia Inge (face, not body).

 

Blogger ENID P. said ... (8:38 PM) : 

SHe looks European sexy. Lovely top and pencil skirt...
ENID P.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Attractive, yes, classic, yes, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, no. Let's not make more of her than she is, she looks a bit like Molly Ringwald (I think that was her name), she is attractive, nicely put together, nothing extraordinary, but yes, lovely just the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 AM) : 

yikes! well, i guess i won't be sending the DH alone to the market on saturday mornings from now on. that woman could show up in anything and look fantastic. i'll take some of whatever it is SHE'S buying por favor.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

That woman is breathtaking and your photo as well. She is timeless. I can't stop looking. It reminds me of Man Ray photographs, and the women he used to photograph. Wonderful stuff.

 

Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Classic beauty needing no adornment except for a slight bit of stain on the lips.

I like the fact that you photographed the sunflowers and market foods, such a refreshing comparison to the High Summer photo of the young woman.

 

Blogger Murph said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Everything looks so ripe ;')

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (3:27 PM) : 

wow.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Oh-oh, typical that a photo like this brings out all the red-hair fetishists (Galway Bay hair?! That's a new one - and I've heard most of them before)...she is absolutely gorgeous, though. The lips!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 AM) : 

damn. this woman is one of the most amazing you've photographed so far. she just doesn't look of this time, at all - like so many of the other summery women who've shown up here as of late. but at the same time, she doesn't look like she's trying to pull off a contrived vintage look either. it's just timeless. (and of course it doesn't hurt that she is drop-dead gorgeous.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 AM) : 

Hello Kathleen - I thin you misunderstand me. I have simple, elegant preferences and this lady ticked my boxes in a nice way. Like I say, it was her whole persona. As far as 'Galway Bay' hair goes... I heard it once in Ireland during one of my visits. Never forgot it. An old man passed it on. I like to think he associated it with someone beautiful and memorable he met when he was young at that location. Which, I recollect myself, is a mightily romantic spot on summer nights...

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I love her outfit - shows her shape beautifully. And I like the short hair.

Can I just say she's not Molly Ringwald-esque though - she's way too polished/stylish for that! (Not that I'm anti-Molly, infact quite the opposite.)

PS - Love the shot of the berries, the colours, the angle!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

The girl is lovely, but she's got nothing on the others!

The pictures of the flower and produce are wonderful. It makes me want to go there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 AM) : 

This woman is absolutely fantastic. She shows class in every way. I would have loved for you to feature multiple photos of her. Simply beautiful. Downright gorgeous. WOW!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I love the pics that you take and I love the NY street fashion you showcase even more! I wish the Bay Area had more fashion-forward people to snap pics of...it seems like they are just swarming all over NY! Maybe I'm jus not looking hard enough...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

holy toledo!!! the garlic is priced at 1.25 each.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting