This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Hart Schaffner Marx Display At The Collective

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hart Schaffner Marx Display At The Collective


This was one of the best looks I saw at The Collective

Comments on "Hart Schaffner Marx Display At The Collective"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 AM) : 

That is a look that I would have never been able to put together myself, but it totally and unexpectedly works.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Well...negative-

It looks way too busy to me, am overburdened- too many patterns.
A simple "uni"-colored shirt would make it look bland, though-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

What's the Collective? Whatever it is there are a lot of well dressed poeple there.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Hmmm, I think this one defies 'clothes maketh the man'. Here 'the man' would need to maketh the clothes - such a mix of colours and patterns....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

I'll second that. I would never be able to put an ensemble like this together without some outside assistance. For one I don't own the yellow trousers, but more importantly I don't think I have the flare for the dramatics. I like the look, I need to learn how to pull my "style" out of my box.

 

Blogger Shopaholic D said ... (12:42 PM) : 

wow! how snazzy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Dear Sartorialist,

I'm a rookie and I just love your blog. I'd love to hear more commentary from you on each look. Like why it works and the key elements. You obviously have a vast knowledge and I, for one, would enjoy reading more of your specific thoughts on men's fashion.

Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

wow, this pairing is just like the Esquire illustrations from the 30s and 40s...very classy, very american!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (4:21 PM) : 

guys would have thrown that look together without even trying in the 1930s.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

fantastic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

The Collective is a tradeshow for Men's wholesalers and retailers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 PM) : 

HSM is trying to put their traditional stuff together in a way that will make them look younger and hipper. It's in the mix because none of these pieces are that interesting by themselves.
The show is for men's wear buyers across the USA and beyond held 2 x per year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 PM) : 

HSM is a very underrated and often overlooked maker, and after seeing this ensemb I'm happy to see other worthwhile clothiers giving overpriced lines like Purple Label a run for their money.

Resigned myself a long time ago that off the rack is off the rack, all machine work, and once you toss the security blanket of labels like RL aside and go strictly for patterns, cloth and cut you find great value and originality off the beaten path.

I'm gonan keep an eye out for this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

I dont think HSM is going for younger and hipper - if anything they`re getting back to basics with this one and finding the quintessence of Menswear when men werent afraid of colors or patterns - when dressing onesself was true experience of self expression. I really applaud HSMs return to the traditionalism of 30s and 40s American and British inspired menswear

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting