This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Damn, It Is Good To Be Back In New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Damn, It Is Good To Be Back In New York


This girl use to work out at my gym, even her workout clothes were cool.
I always loved her hair, a kind of modified mohawk

Comments on "Damn, It Is Good To Be Back In New York"

 

Blogger Max said ... (10:29 PM) : 

That girl stole my style!

 

Blogger Alysa hears a who said ... (11:35 PM) : 

The best part is how she really owns that look. She makes it look effortless.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (9:50 AM) : 

When a woman pulls together the bad ass look without looking dumb is so flattering and cool...something for a few, that is true.

 

Blogger Gina said ... (11:42 AM) : 

That hair is/was the trend amongst UK physchobilly rockers in the late 1980s. I always marvelled at the shaping!

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Wow! She looks so authentic! I love it. I used to have a mohawk too. It's surprisingly doable for asian girl hair. Dunno why. Admittedly, I didn't "own" it like she does, and my head sort of looked like a pineapple... teehee. That's why I respect her all the more. Anyway, you can see my mohawk here:

http://myfallcollection99.blogspot.com/2006/08/haircuts-vert.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

isn't it called a fauxhawk? I love it, both the phenomenon and the word.

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (2:01 AM) : 

Yep, it's called a fauxhawk. And I agree, awesome word! Wish the person who invented that term could rename the "ponytail."

 

Blogger Max said ... (8:43 AM) : 

That's more of a pompadour than a faux hawk. Faux hawks are more of a messy spiky affair. The comment on psychobilly was absolutely spot on; they still do their hair like that. Google pictures of the Nekromantix to see what I mean.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

she's so cool.. except the jeans. the t-shirt, the hair and sunglasses are awesome but the jeans just doesn't do it for me. a bit more loose fit and she would have done it perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

the jeans must go, i agree, baggy up top, no flair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I've seen her at my gym! (or at least someone who looks a lot like her. Can't tell w/ the sunglasses.)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting