This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

World Cup Party - Nolita, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

World Cup Party - Nolita, New York

Comments on "World Cup Party - Nolita, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

the girl in the blue shorts with the belt looks great. i never would have thought that could work. and the guy in the green tank top, cuffed jeans, same deal. it's good to have you back, sartorialist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

look at milan, look at paris, look at ny. see who is having the most fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

The girl with the wild hair and the flag on the bike looks great and that guy in the green tank with the jeans and oxfords is HOTTT!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

absolutely love your captivating photos! just came across your blog today and i think i'm in love!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 AM) : 

These are great... they look like the kind of people you'd want to hang around with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

The japanese guy with the cutaway shirt....did he make that himself? Is it sold anywhere? Wild.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

This is more like it. I like the girl in the fedora. She reminds me of Jane March in "The Lover." Also, full marks to the Japanese guy in the white Balanciaga-esque top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

This is style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

After Milan and Paris, this is a bit of a let-down. Flip flops, tacky shorts, sloppy trying to pass as chic. October in Rome? Naples? If Menstyle.com won't foot the bill, we'll start a Friends of the Sartorialist Fund.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

That girl in the straw fedoro is so damn adorable. I love New York summer style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Anonymous, I live in Paris and I can assure you that these New York images are more representative of what people are wearing here than Sartorialist's photos of the people attending fashion shows.

You'd be disappointed if you visited Paris thinking everyone dresses like the buyers at a Paul Smith show - though maybe Milan is like that ;-)

Whether NYC, Paris or London there is a vibrant and imaginative community of youngsters dressing stylishly and inexpensively. Best of all they're having fun, which is important, it's only clothes after all. The subjects of these photos are watching soccer in a bar, not exactly where you'd wear your $1000 linen dress.

I think it's great that Sartorialist pays attention to these people as much as the often overgroomed clothes horses at the shows. After all, the street is where the designers pinch their best ideas!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Yay, diversity!
I sorely missed the non white folks when you were in Paris and Italy. One of the things I love about the city is that everyone is here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Rosbif, thank you for the reminder that the photos in Europe were folks attending fashion shows. I forgot about that and started to feel like no one had any casual clothes. Since I am more likely to be hanging with friends watching a game, than shmoozing with fashionitas; these pictures are more to my liking. But eitherway I love this site.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

the girl in the soccer shorts really is a hoot. thanks for your blog, it is a daily highlight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Nobody in the states seems to give a damn about soccer but when Italy won, NY went off the hook.. I think most of it was due to people WANTING others to think they were really "into" it.. It appears to be a trend, like a clothing label.

All these kids want to act as though they're totally into the World Cup and have a vested interest in it when in fact, they're clueless. fa

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

Hi..just love these pictures..especially the pic. with the girl on the bike...U probably hear this a lot but your blog is more than great..thanx from Europe...

Btw..I wished it was Spain that won the W.C...4 years to go...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

I don't like cities but I like New York..quoting from Madonna, & it's so good to have you back Sartorialist! I really like Milan but still my heart belongs to NY.

-VD-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

rosbif,
I was refering more to the people on the street than the people at the shows. I've been to Paris, and I've been to Milan. I've also been to rural east Texas where the young people wear cut-off jeans, tank-tops, and flip-flops. I think you're lucky to live a city where a substantial segment of the population dress with style. Respectfully, I differ with your opinion about the NYC photos. It's just not my cup of tea.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (1:53 PM) : 

This is a example of the ubercool NY vibe. I like it: it is relaxed and estremely experimental while it feels comfortable. LOVE IT!
The girl with the shorts is so freaking sexy!
An excelent example of the global village experience. NYC baby!
Thanks for the photo experience, wholesome!

 

Blogger xo said ... (1:13 AM) : 

laid back cool! where i live it feels like summer the whole year, and still the New Yorkers I see here beat us flat when it comes to dressing with style.

by the way, I came across this site after recommendations from men.style.com and I like what I am seeing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 PM) : 

I agree that the world cup became the "in" thing...
But that's fine with me. If the world can unite around soccer, I'd be thrilled!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

ok two guys second from the bottom...ew

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting