This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Just Another Super Chic Parisian Woman

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just Another Super Chic Parisian Woman

I'm noticing a trend - women of "a certain age" wearing all white with one dramatic design detail to really pop the look.

The first three women wear all white with a dramatic necklace that adds a shot of intense color. In the last shot, from backstage of the Dries Van Noten show, the woman wears all white with the dramatic ruffle-front shirt as the main design detail.

I think all of them look fantastic. Simply clean, refined and yet even a bit sporty -they don't look as if their clothes will get in the way of what they have to do today.

Actually a friend on mine asked me to buy an outfit for his wife (though she is not of a certain age) to take to London. I guess I was inspired by these photos because I bought her an all-white ensemble of linen pants, long white tunic/dress to layer over the pants with a simple white tank and a beautiful gauzy shawl to cover-up with in the evening. I'm still looking for the perfect dramatic piece of jewelry to really set it off.


Comments on "Just Another Super Chic Parisian Woman"

 

Blogger Kelli said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Each woman exudes an almost spiritual look that is beautiful and seemingly effortless. Again, the women shine through and their clothing accentuates who they are.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

the woman from the last picture is just perfect. you can hardly tell she is over 40.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

I love all white looks.I think it´s extremely modern and elegant.

Women in white look 100% femenine , and my man in white...mmmm...irresistible !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Wonderful pics. Good commentary, too. You've really been spoiling us lately, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

how about the hope diamond to set things off

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:41 PM) : 

to Anon 4:30
If you're spoiled now just wait to see what is coming up!

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Alas, all-white is a look that doesn't work on fair-skinned and freckled redheads like me! It almost demands a tan. Dammit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

that's funny, i sometimes save some of the pictures you post (for inspiration) and I had saved all three of these. I liked them for the same reasons you did, and actually "planned" to dress this was once I reach a "certain age". But I couldn't resist and tried it now, in my 30s.

In general, your blog has surpassed my copious magazine collection as my favorite source of sartorial inspiration.

 

Blogger Daniela Lot said ... (9:28 PM) : 

It's great to use all white when it is summmer (specially if you live in Brasil). I also like to add some colorful detail.

PS. I've been visiting this blog for some weeks and the way i see my outfit has changed: now I pay more attention to what i wear. I really enjoy it. Congrats, Sartorialist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 AM) : 

They all look so fresh and crisp, such a fab look. Inspiration...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:55 PM) : 

I hope we don't have to be "of a certain age" to wear at least the last look:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Sart--do you mind telling us the designers of the pieces you bought to create your white ensemble?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I wonder if I now qualify for being "un certain age"? Like Daniela, your blog has me paying more attention to the choices I make in clothes. I don't have a lot of choice these days (being a woman of "un certain age" who's decided to go back to graduate school full time) but I'm taking notes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Sorry, the one with the big bag, frizzy hair and sneakers looks a little too certain to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 AM) : 

I love it! I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

I wish I had this kind of natural beauty and easy grace at my age, let alone when I reach "a certain age!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

This is a great look. Timeless and the wearer is in control yet looks relaxed and stylish. It is "age exclusive".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 AM) : 

the woman from the last pic absolutely exudes feminity as its best. All of the complexities of a woman can be found in this pic. Not too many women can pull off this look...but very few have tried. Excellent work sart, this photo makes me proud to be a woman!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting