This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Miu Miu

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, July 08, 2006

At Miu Miu

Miu Miu was consistently mentioned by the editors i spoke to as one of the best shows in Milan. I have never paid that much attention to it but I was really surprised how much I saw that I really loved.

I think this blue passage was very good for the color inspiration - I could completely see mixing some sporty shorts (like Umbro soccer shorts) in a similar color intensity with a cardigan/shirt as shown with a pair of Jack Purcells for next Spring. Hopefully Miu Miu has a different option for the bottom in the sales collection - that would make my life so much easier.

Comments on "At Miu Miu"

 

Blogger Linda said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Fantastic, I love Miu Miu

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (3:36 PM) : 

It's wonderful to see the resurgence of narrow silhouettes in men's clothing. I've had my fill of jail pants so huge as to obscure the shape of the man's body, cascading to the floor, simultaneously exposing undergarments. The ginourmous t-shirts could house a family of five. Au revoir, voluminous vetements!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

VERY NICE!
I'M SO CRAZY ABOUT FASHION THAT A FIND THIS BLOG A MUST!
I'LL BE BACK!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I agree w/you Sarto., I love the multi tones of blue with the added bright. I'm a painter and could see a model on canvas. The mood is great.

I see a trend: ...a continued play on the classics but with more eccentricity and wit. Taking more risks with color and texture. Accessories seem to create an almost "circus" quality.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

I try not be closed minded, but I'm sorry I can't agree with the first photo. The guy looks like he's trying to wear some sumo wrestlers blue outfit.

Am I wrong? Are there any guys here who would wear that outfit?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

In response to trenditional: "...any guys here who would wear that outfit?"

Remember that this is a runway exhibition. It's more about a concept. The reality is what you make of it. Just like Sarto. did when he imagined the bright blue bottom wrap as athletic pants. Don't take a runway show literally. It's generally theatrics for inspiration.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (11:04 PM) : 

beautiful shades of blue but the cuts are so weird - would anyone wear it/buy it??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 AM) : 

I wouldn't wear those pants, but I do like the use of the blue...it's very becoming...and those pants are quite conceptual. And who said something about classic Jack Purcells? I have been trying to find a pair to buy and can't find them anywhere...I guess I can go on the net, but I don't really like shopping online...in any matter...cool pieces Miu Miu

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Day glow trash bags -- ingenius.

Ugh will the forces of evil, aka post modern decontructionism, ever leave us be?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

To Anonymous 3:35pm regarding "...trash bags--ingenius" and "...post modern deconstructionism."

Ironically, I find your comment ingenius. The way the first model's bottom is draped is like the most ancient Indian style called the Dhoti. Men have been wearing this in India for centuries. Fashion has always been known for it's references. Why not India?

I agree with the comment regarding this show of clothing as "theatre" and not to be taken so "literally". In my opinion, I would not wear it, but I find the color and texture inspirational. I could also see how I could use this inspiration to style an outfit that I would wear. That's genius!

 

Blogger Franco said ... (12:31 AM) : 

Big diaper blue!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting