This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Soho, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

On the Street....Soho, New York

Comments on "On the Street....Soho, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

These girls are all models, right? No way 'people on the street' are as hot as the girls you find. I'm loving NYC summer dress season...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

The dress and belt are great .... but the flip-flops are killing me !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

I think I'm in love. Again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

Gotta agree with anonymous_6:54...

I am loving everything from the ankles up. But I am just not feeling flip-flops in general and definitely not with this ensemble.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (8:50 PM) : 

such a pretty look!! love the red belt and casual thongs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

What a gorgeous face! ...those eyes!

I think those delicate flip flops would work better if the belt were just as simple. Perhaps if the belt was not leather but fabric?
OK, I have to admit, I am old enough to still have a bias against those kind of red belts common in the 80's. But as I gather my focus to the present, if she wants to wear that belt, I think her shoes should be different (or visa versa). She's lovely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 PM) : 

I grew up at the beach, wore flip flops all my life, and I can't support this new anti flip-flop hysteria. They're great in the summertime.

 

Blogger Deanna said ... (11:15 PM) : 

I have a feeling that in ten years we're all going to look back at this "mismatched belt with things that don't need to be belted" phase with just a little bit of embarrasment.

Also, and i was wondering this before I read today's comments about her thinness, but how come you never seem to find well dressed women who aren't skinny? I mean, at least 'average-sized', if not overweight. I see plenty of stylin' curvy girls when I walk around town!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 PM) : 

I am thinkin' the flip-flop haters must be men who've never suffered through sweaty/swollen summer feet in stilettos.
I love the flip-flops, to me they are sensible and timeless. I think flip-flops look cute with skirts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 AM) : 

What's up with all the flip-flop hate? People in NYC walk a lot, it's not like we're hopping in and out of cars wearing stilettos to run our errands. Rubber flip flops are comfortable and keep your feet cool in the summer, and in terms of the dirt and grime on the street, they offer just as much protection as those flat Giuseppe Zanotti sandals, albeit without all the bling. Deal with it, you'll be seeing a lot of flip-flops in this blog during summer. (Although I must say, a pedicure is always nice...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 AM) : 

Everything about this woman is absolutely amazing. Sigh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

That dress doesn't really have an interesting shape, cut or print...but she probably could carry off a paper sack.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

For me, it's the sound of flip-flops that irk me.
What happened to those flip-flops with the mini heels on them. I thought they were nice. I'm not a woman so I don't know if it was just a trend that ran it's course.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (3:41 AM) : 

I love the red belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

I am in love - again. The Sartorialist makes me fall in love endless times. She must be a model, correct? If all the NY-girls are that hot I gotta move from Munich to NY. Please let now so I can prepare my my move...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 AM) : 

Flip-flops *are* great...at the beach, at a picnic, by the pool, at home, in the country. In an urban environment they’re just unsafe and unsanitary.

City feet need protection from the dirt, litter with sharp edges, and the people clomping around with their real shoes, hard-soled, and hard-heeled. Plus it seems like a cop-out to wear flip-flops when the rest of an outfit appears thoughtfully assembled.

And the ubiquitous grimy end-of-the-day-flip-flopped feet are so very aesthetically unpleasing to me. (It also puts me off my food at restaurants when said feet slip off their flip-flops and get tucked under the thigh or crossed over it, with their grubby soles and gritty toes wiggling away, raised above floor level, so much closer to my offended eyes. Twice, last week!)

Love her red belt though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

The pic made me gasp. She's just so perfect and delicate. The flip flops are sexy. Calvin Klein years ago defined "modern" as "creating unexpected combinations." This delicate flower is modern.

- Eminence Grise

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

With flip-flops her torso looks very long, and legs look shorter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 AM) : 

she's not that skinny. from a european point of view. i think she looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

she's not skinny at all. she's just ok. and flip flops are a summer basic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Not feeling this AT ALL. Belt, no. Shower Shoes, no.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

I'm a woman but I don't like flip-flops too. Please, leave them for wearing at beach or at home as twirly gurl says.
As for me flip-flops are not sexy and absolutely uncomfortable for walking.
But the girl looks very nice. And I agree with previously post. She is not too skinny.

 

Blogger Alessandra said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Hey, I'm not american and I do think she looks very skinny!! She is pretty, of course, lovely face, bur her arms and legs look like twigs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Striking, unreal, wonderful-
The dress has sort of a Calvin Klein in the 70's look-chic, understated, urbane and sexy.
And, of course, she looks great in those flip-flops...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

yes, 90% of the women in soho are this hot. i live there, and i promise it's true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

thanks sartorialist, you found my future wife for me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

She's a lovely beautiful girl, not too skinny at all. However she needs to realize that when you have hypermobility in your joints you have to be very aware of how you stand. Just to awoid looking like an alien with limbs that can do weird things... (and to protect you joints from unnessesary strain). I know, I've looked like that in endless photos, it's never pretty. She's lucky though, her beauty overshines it.
And her style is smokin'!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

That is hot. There's no absolute style rule for every occasion. An outfit is a set of suggestions.

Flips for example are carefree. You can imagine that she'd enjoy kicking them off, just as she enjoys not being too formal with the whole outfit.

To me, that adds up to an impression of tasteful insouciance, with that deep neckline, racy black belt, and the swinging freedom of those bare arms, which *are* curves, just slender and delicate ones.

She looks beautiful and alluring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

problem with flops are that in 10 minutes your feet are black with the garbage that's strewn all over the streets of NY..... wearing sandals is the way to go.... this is NY ,unfortunately not as fashionable as Milan or Paris , but we don't have to look like we're brittany spears-wanna be's from mississippi..... and yes , many flip-flop haters are women too !!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

oh my god, please stop the flip-flop hate...

girlfriend looks cute. she seems to have naturally gangly limbs. some people do. no need for the hate.

 

Blogger The G Manifesto said ... (4:21 PM) : 

New York City is one of my favorite places to be in early summer. Girls like this are one main reason.

 

Blogger marcia bittencourt said ... (5:34 PM) : 

i love the red belt, but the flip-flops...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

i agree that her face is pretty, and she definitely has style and grace, plus confidence.

however, i disagree that she is not too skinny compared to other people. i can see the point that there is an obesity problem in the US and other western countries, but then again there are a lot of people who have eating disorders (i'm not saying she does) and overexercise to try and be this unrealistic size.

i personally think she would look 100 times better with a bit of meat on her. it's nothing to do with gluttony.. i resent that comment because there are people of different sizes everywhere and it's not always related to how much one eats or exercises.

i validate what i've said by adding that this lovely woman is likely naturally the size she is without starving herself.. but it's more about the attitude towards larger women in general.

also the fact that so many men find this attractive is a bit scary. i just don't think it's how the majority of women look and no wonder larger women feel insecure!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

i tried this look too... red belt, really makes an outfit stand out...

mine was a thin red belt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Soho: What a beautiful woman; her face is very alluring, but her outfit doesn't do anything for me. The dress, belt and flip-flops are too random; there's nothing that brings them together. Or maybe I just don't see it...

Flip-flops: As a San Diegan, I live in filp-flops and find nothing wrong with them most of the time, but I also believe that some outfits are not meant to be paired with them and this is one of them. Perhaps a heel or even flats would compliment the outfit a little better. And dare i say, in red?

Skinny: I find it less than amusing that people comment on a person's size without using fit as a reference. I thought The Sartorialist was a reflection on wardrobe/style and how it fit a person, not a place to judge a person's size just because. I have no problmes with people requesting to see others who look more like them [i.e. non-models], but I don't understand why it's okay to say, "She's too skinny!" when it is entirely inappropriate to say, "She's too fat!" That's distressing to hear both ways! In my humble opinion I think Sart has captured many who are able to compliment their size with their style and dress very well. They all look so lovely.

lsa

P.S. I absolutely love this website. Thank you! Keep up the fabulous work, Sart!

 

Blogger Shiny Blue Black said ... (4:00 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Women who aren't thin = gluttons?

That certainly is news to me. Many of the women I know (and yes, I am an American) are vegetarian/vegan, watch what they eat and exercise daily, yet remarkably aren't size smalls. Go figure. I guess they must be gluttons in disguise.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

i think the debate w/ the flip-flops surrounds the definition of sartorial ... in that sense i guess they're not of fashion.... comfort-wise i concur , but in NY i see the point ........ i love to wear them , but recognize that i could probably get some disease walking in these filthy streets .... even the homeless wear better shoes , though i hope that i'm more "sartorial" than they

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I adore your website. This lady is strikingly pretty, and knows what colors look good on her.

With regards to size, I personally like looking at thin models because I think clothes tend to "hang" on them better. In real life, they might look way too skinny, but photographs tend to flatten people out and you lose something because of it. Shadows and hollows created by a thin model help make the clothes look more dramatic. Again, this is a comment about photography, not about why one person is more attractive than another.

Anyways, lovin this site 100%!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

I agree with the "anonymous" who send the first comment; She just can't not be a model, she's way to hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

The flip flops go perfectly. Very hot. I'm loving the NYC summer dress thing too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Oh, puh-lease. I'd never want to hang out with anyone who's a flip-flop hater. How uptight can you people be? It's unbelievably hot out, and we don't all have the money to zoom from place to place in air-conditioned cabs that will let our aching feet take a break from our adorable heels/wedges/flat-footed sandals. I walked to work in wedges today and my feet are sweaty and aching. Gee, how fashionable! The right pair of flip-flops (leather or rubber) can mold to your feet, cushioning them and protecting them from dirt.

I'm glad to see a beautiful girl that isn't a slave to fashion. People who are dressed perfectly and don't include one casual element are too five-years-ago "Sex and the City" for me. How worst nightmare.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 AM) : 

oh my god

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

This is the model from the Diesel campaign, with tons of people screaming in the background in syncronic body-positions in Brazil or something. She's the one in the senter with the guy...
I like her outfit.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting