This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.... Refined Sportswear#3, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, June 03, 2006

On The Street.... Refined Sportswear#3, New York


- Love the slim leg of the shorts and the color is great

- The slim cut buttondown shirt (with collar buttons undone) is really important right now -believe it or not the one he is wearing is Thom Browne

-For running around in the City on a hot summer day this works for me. Sure, he could tuck in the shirt and give a proper hem to the shorts but that is an easy styling adjustment that can be modified depending on the occasion.

-What really makes this look refined for me is the shoes -not flip flops or sneakers

-Hair-perfect

Comments on "On The Street.... Refined Sportswear#3, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I love this look and how the shorts cut-off and the shirt wrinkled and untucked. If not, I feel it would look too uptight preppy.
Anyone who can't afford the Thom Browne button-down, J Crew (believe it or not) has a nice one that's short and slim (I think they call it their "tailored fit"). I'm very slim and surpised how well it looked and fit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Fantastic look!, wouldn't change a thing. Great shorts too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Could you expand on the concept of this type of shirt being "really important right now"? I'm afraid I don't understand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I agree, I'm really loving the slim fit of the shorts

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

The what appears to be nubuck leather shoes makes the look very casual. Had he a polished leather shoe, i feel it would feel a little too dressed. It's a good color to compliment the mustard shorts. Go midtowners!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

amazing . . . simple, stylish, preppy . . flawless . .
where ARE my trim-fit oxfords . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Though I'd rather pair the whole lot with "loafers" - as the Americans like to call them - I fid it no less sensational.
Cheers.
The Brit.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (1:56 PM) : 

The colour of the short is great. Yellow is back!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Indeed, the shoes completes the look. However, when shoes like these are worn without socks (as pictured), how can you not have a problem with sweating or sticking?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Unbutton those collar buttons men! That is sooooooooooo really important. What will those New Yorkers think up next?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

I think the shirt is too tight. I also prefer straight bottom shirts when I wear them out of my pants/shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

I really like the profile of those bucks...very sleek for bucks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

the shoes are very cool.... glad he's not slumming w/ the flip flops !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

agreed on the shirt , good look w/ shorts ( even if they were baggy ).... and i'm with you on those horrible flip-flops(glad they're falling by the waqyside now)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Never have been a huge fan of bucks, but the brightly colored cut-off shorts are a great new way to wear color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

Hmmm. Obviously I'm missing something here. Cutoffs with an old shirt. Methinks it's a terrible look, but I guess I'm in the minority here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 AM) : 

OK!thats enough,

i think it is time for a book.

you've generated some buzz.

throw it on amazon..and you might have you a best seller kid.

those yellow shorts are awesome.

way to throw some color in without seeming too clowny...like i sometimes appear.haha.

i'd totally wear all that he has on..but of course i'd have on dirty stans.

good luck with it all!

maybe one day you should ask your wife to randomly snap a shot of you.

i cannot get over the look that andre leon tally gave you while you took his photo...hahaha...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 AM) : 

he looks really refined, and could pull off many a look. this, i agree, suits him to a tee. the fitted style is great on (slim) men. not only is his hair perfect, his skin looks glowing and well taken care off. the stark yellow with the muted light blue, and beige shoes keeps this in balance. yes, perfection.

 

Blogger earlysnowdrop said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Sartorialist:

What I love about reading your blog is learning to focus on the detail. I look at the photo and know I like the look. Then you point out the shoes instead of the flip flops. Exactly! This is why this look is so stylish yet so casual.

I have been writing a gardening blog about gardens in Southern California. Reading your blog on fashion style is helping me compose interesting pictures of gardens/flowers with a little sartorialist style!

Thanks for your help!

 

Blogger Fnarf said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I'd like it even better if the shorts were three inches shorter. But the color makes up for it. It's too slim a look for me but not for this guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

is he, like, a hedge fund analyst going to work on a weekend?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

I think he looks terrible. Like he's doing his laundry and that's all he had left laying around.

There is so much good fashion on this blog and then this. I don't get it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Oh my God!!!! I never thought shorts could be ellegant but this boy has changed my mind. Rightly perfec, with a class and an ellegance difficult to get if you are not at least a little gentlemen-like... Love him from head to toe.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:01 AM) : 

to 11:24
this site is about inspiration - don't take all the looks too literally, try and look at the details and see what makes sense for your lifestyle. maybe it is the color combo or just the way he parts his hair.

If I was going to grow my hair out I would have take this photo to my stylist as an example of how I wanted it cut.

to me this is the best way to use this blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

why cant all guys know how to cut their hair. im so sick of this scruffy/surfer/skater long hair, this is a new spring, lets bring in a new well groomed trend!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting