This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Girls And Their Bikes

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, June 16, 2006

Girls And Their Bikes

Comments on "Girls And Their Bikes"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 AM) : 

I just love your blog. In Sweden where I live a lot of bloggers love all your different pictures. And you're pretty famous over here. I thought it would be fun for you to know :)

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:41 AM) : 

I love it - keep fit and look chic at the same time!
You seem to shoot fit and slim people - are there no larger curvier stylish people in NYC?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM) : 

...are incredibly cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

anastasiac: he shoots a lot of fat men!

 

Blogger Ali B. said ... (10:37 AM) : 

We all look more beautiful with a bike at our side... ahh summer..the wind in our hair.. and pedals clipped to our feet. Thanks for the bike shots. Very inspiring as I attempt to turn my old Cannon into a sweet townie with fenders and cool Japanese make racks!

 

Blogger Verrito said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Hi! I'm from Chile and i love your blog... it's so cool... your pictures, your "models", everything...

thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Oh I agree with everything Argos said.. And yes, you're pretty famous in the "bloggosphere" of Sweden... ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Cute, but once again, I'm not seeing evidence of a lot of helmets. I hate wearing a helmet when I ride, but I do it anyway - because it's irresponsible not to.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

It looks like that girl in the first picture is riding her bike down the street the wrong way. That's illegal. If I'd been on my bike coming the other way, I would've told her so myself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

The last one looks like a less manly Selma Hayek. Very pretty.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Alex - I remember the 'Fat man in a great suit' pic but I was looking for his fat?
All we hear over here in the australia media is that the USA has an obesity epidemic and we are following their path...so just wondering LOL

at first glance I thought the bottom girl was Jade Jagger...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Love the euro-inspired bicycles. I live in San Diego so they are not that practical because of the hills here, but I have a motor on mine.

As for the helmets, thier safety and claimed accident reduction is questionable at best. They maybe helpful if you fall, or crash agaisnt a stationary object, which most experienced cyclist do not even have to worry about. They will not, however, help you in a highspeed collision crash. No helmets or any other bicycle safety devices can. Your best bet is not to get hit in the first place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

I really hope these cyclists aren't going anywhere but around the corner. Not to ruin the fun but riding in dresses, with sandals, and no helmets is really poor practice. Safety matters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 PM) : 

People in Europe/Asia ride around in dresses, sandals and no helmets.

Very nice pics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 PM) : 

the girl in the second pic looks like pam racine, who's in the bang gogol bordello and is going out with elijah wood. she's stunning! and i LOVE the shirt.. i went through a stage where i wore those all the time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Sarto... these two are my favorite pics, so far, that you did for Spring/Summer (esp. the 2nd photo).

As an East Villager, sure safety on bikes is good (i.e. helmet). But considering the relatively slow traffic in the village and that these girls look as if they don't live too far (and NYC has more safety issues than it can handle), biking in most areas (like the village) is almost considered the same as walking. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing a biker with a helmet in my neighborhood. Maybe it's enough of a risk to be simply living/surviving in the city? Geez, either I get hit on my bike or the rent goes up, get mugged, or fall into the subway tracks. And, how many times have you seen people use their safety belt in cabs? I'm not trying to deter safety, but think there's a possible exception to the helmut with a bike. Freedom to crack my head open.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

I like both a girl and a bike in the second photo. I'm from Ukraine and I have to say your blog is very popular among my friends who are interested in street style fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

I used to love NY, but this blog has gradually changed my mind. Now I think NY sucks, because you clearly have too much good stuff, it's just not fair on the rest of us! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

So chic! I love the second photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

that second girl...wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Not to belabor the point, but it is very scary to see folks rolling around this way, and I say this as someone who has been hit on my bike and held my helmet in my hands cracked in half, thanking God it was not my head instead.
I was barely moving, I was just trying to make a gentle right turn, when a car blew past me and knicked my back wheel from behind and sent me flying onto the sidewalk a heck of a lot faster than I was initally traveling. My head was ok, thanks to the helmet, although my face did look like ground beef. Some feel that it is "pick your poison" but, I think when there are safeguards, we should use and encourage them. Ok, back to the fun blog.

 

Blogger pj said ... (1:29 AM) : 

I love the second pic. her checkered shirt and she is beautiful. innocent-like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

i am really digging the girls with bikes theme. somehow these girls are untouchable. sweet, healthy, and defying gravity and wardrobe malfunctions.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

The second girl lived on my floor at NYU last year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

These old bikes are such an annoying trend. A little too cool for school.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

i love the concept. the second photo shows a girl who is obsessed with herself. clearly, she thinks the world bows down before her. there are a lot of comments that she's beautiful but to me she looks selfish. plus, she has buck teeth and very manish breasts. it's a great photo but i think the subject is very different from what many perceive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 AM) : 

To houston, above: no, she's just a beautiful girl. Live with it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting