This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Fathers Day In Harlem

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, June 19, 2006

Fathers Day In Harlem

Comments on "Fathers Day In Harlem"

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (7:40 AM) : 

The shirt, the tie and the hat.
Just great!

 

Blogger JA Firebrand said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Sweet and massively stylish. Take note young ones!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

What a serene old guy! The hat ribbon and the bronze in the tie are perfect together. He's smart and comfortable in what looks like a well worn suit :-)

 

Blogger Fnarf said ... (2:34 PM) : 

If I could look half as fine as this gentleman I would be thrilled. Absolute perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

he is grand!

 

Blogger Broady said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Ah, what a classic. You can tell that he carries himself elegantly.

I LURVE your blog and have linked it to my own!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 PM) : 

When I first looked at this photograph, I thought, "Wow, this guy just has an certain air about him that's so spectacular, he's really..." I couldn't find any word to describe how wonderful he looked, but then it came to me, "Oh my goodness, this man looks JUST like my father". If you all could see how my dad looks, I'm sure you would agree. I was really taken aback. What makes this all the more peculiar is the fact that this shot was taken on Father's Day. If I didnt know exactly where my father was at the time, I would have seriously thought you spotted him and took this snap-shot. Kudos to you Mr. Sartorialist and to that man featured in the picture, keep looking good.

 

Blogger Girl of Approval said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Men to need wear more old fashioned hats. I adore such hats. They look so classy in that old movies kind of way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 AM) : 

hi. i'm a college student from the Philippines and i LOVE your photos! i've been following your section in style.com since it first appeared, and i love the way your photos are so alive-- they really are works of art. i LOVE the fact that you show all kinds of style too, it makes me wish we had more seasons to dress up for here. thank you for a wonderful site!!

 

Blogger yves saint laurent chicago said ... (11:08 AM) : 

This is a gentleman folks. I love it; much of my inspiration comes from the older generation.

 

Blogger ruby k. darling said ... (3:25 PM) : 

i love the how the hem is not perfectly cuffed on his left pant leg, and how his hat slightly tilts with a bit of a swagger. the sunlight hitting his kneecap gives this such an established feeling. i would venture to guess that this ensemble was not recently purchased; and it has taken many years for all the elements to collect until this one perfect form is made. similarly, the man is aged and probably has had a few knocks in his life. the suit is slightly worn but in pristine condition - just like the man who wears it.

 

Blogger ruby k. darling said ... (3:32 PM) : 

i just can't get over this picture. i love the way he folds his hands, and how his feet are distanced and slightly askew. he's not trying to form into any image, he's completely comfortable with himself and where he is. he is neither smiling nor frowning, and peers straight ahead meeting whatever is coming face-on.

 

Blogger doanything24 said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Bad ass! All I can say!

 

Blogger ES said ... (11:55 PM) : 

Yes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

oh i think this picture is great!
i love this classic style.although i´m even 15,i love all about the past:the style,the movies...
oh and this shot kinda reminds me of forrest gump

sry,i hope my english is not too bad(i`m german)

 

Blogger Marian said ... (5:04 AM) : 

he is so stylish! the shoes are dope!
x
Marian

 

Blogger Eff Dee Aytche said ... (7:48 PM) : 

The suit matched with the tie, and shirt is HOT...and those SHOES...god those shoes....I wish it was ME

 

Blogger Caramel Chic said ... (10:10 PM) : 

I love this style it's like my father and grandfather -the days when men were gents!- i wish today's young men were so cool like this,i bet he smells good too!

 

Blogger Diana Brito said ... (2:38 AM) : 

This man reminds me of my grandfather - he exudes dignity, elegance and style....

 

Blogger Sheer Almshouse said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Once a natty dresser, always a natty dresser. He is indeed sharp. There's no blurriness about aging...he is as on point as he was as a young man.

Quite an inspiration.

And to you, good eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Thank you for this prince! He oozes flavor, doesn't he?

 

Blogger the Jassdancer said ... (10:44 PM) : 

I would expect no less from an "Old timer" in Harlem, thanks for capturing it...

 

Blogger frank adam said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Beautiful. Reminds me of the Blue Note Album by Horace Silver...Song for My Father. I love everything about this dudes style.

 

Anonymous LittleMissFashiom said ... (5:52 PM) : 

I love how he jazzed up the outfit with the matching tie kerchiff and hat, and the shoes are very nice!

 

Blogger PEPPER!!!!! said ... (2:54 PM) : 

too funny, my eyes went straight to the perfection of his shoes!!

 

Blogger Saraid said ... (10:33 PM) : 

The hat! The tie! So much attention to detail, so fly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

this one seems to be my favarite!
what a great shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

This brings back some memories of my dad and uncles and growing up in Chicago. Young and old guys, married or not took a lot of pride in how they dressed. Always quality and style. Man they could dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

The man looks aged, but at the same time young. And timeless.

 

Anonymous Tonni said ... (11:25 AM) : 

He is beautiful! I want to sit on the bench next to him and listen to his stories

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting