This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....Summer Dress #2, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

On The Street.....Summer Dress #2, NYC

Comments on "On The Street.....Summer Dress #2, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

That's a Chloe dress isnt it? Or is it BCBG?

 

Blogger SportyChick said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Wow, so it's true, leggins are back after all. She looks great - but what's your take on the bright white bra?

 

Blogger Admin said ... (9:59 AM) : 

there goes those leggings again

beautiful white dress though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

dynamo smile.

If she didn't have the leggings, we would see far too much of her. This look is were leggings are appropriately considered.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Hmmm, I like the cut of the dress, the shoes, the bag, but the sheerness... I don't really care for; it's TMI, for sure. And the leggings! Oh, the leggings!

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Just one thing: She is beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

OK,
Thats it!
I'm moving to NYC! :-)
Very beautiful woman,and a great smile!

 

Blogger Gina said ... (11:38 AM) : 

The dress is adorable, but I can't get past the notion of black leggings under a white dress. Or any leggings under a dress for that matter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Almost, but those leggings are bumming me out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Leggings sure are popular this spring. Gorgeous girl though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

She has such a charming smile that I don't care if she is wearing leggings... I guess that is a good lession to all of us clothes horses, never leave the house without wearing our smile!

 

Blogger Max said ... (1:14 PM) : 

A good look, but this would be so much nicer without the leggings.

 

Blogger Rina said ... (1:32 PM) : 

i was going to buy that dress but i didn't beacause it was see-through. this woman is smart

 

Blogger Shopaholic D said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I kinda like the leggings...and Irina, you are totally right. After I read your comment, I looked at the dress, you can see her bra and the top part of her leggings! Still a cute outfit overall...wish I could pull this look off (though I'd prolly choose a diff dress)...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

she is really pretty. that's why i want to forgive her for the black leggins under the see-through nightgown.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I think being able to see her bra and the waistline of the leggings is part of the appeal? I'm not against see-thru clothing but it would have been cuter with a brightly colored slip or something.

 

Blogger Cocktail Jen said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Sportychick--I'm so with you. I'm appalled at how many women make it all the way to adulthood without learning the rule that white shirt = nude bra.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

it's an HM dress!! and every girl in sweden have bought it, it's the great white springdress of 2006.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

I own that dress and am considering returning it because of how sheer it is. I have worn it with jeans, I just can NOT get back into leggings. I am 31, it brings on memories of Debbie Gibson for me, not high fashion.

 

Blogger Miss Janey said ... (5:32 PM) : 

No. sorry. She's lovely but the bright white bra and leggings don't do it for me. A slip is what's called for.

 

Blogger Peter Matthes said ... (6:29 PM) : 

HUBBA HUBBA!

Meredith ... I agree about the leggings.

To be very honest I think the dress is unnecessary as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

At first, I didn't notice the bra and the see thru and do you know why?
it's beacuse of the LEGGINGS!!!
She could have worn it over skinny jeans or something like that and a tank or something cool under the top of the dress.
Leggings are just not the universal answer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 PM) : 

I like this outfit . I agree with 3.08 anonymous maybe a black tank or coloured t underneath to sooth the white braphobics? I do like the leggings as well.

I think this woman walks the tightrope knife edge of style with aplomb.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

kudos for the guts to wear the leggings... but i really think this is an occasion where a slip can be useful and sexy. the right slip or shift (cotton or linen?) would enhance the look without hvaing to wear the leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

i agree abt the guts part...with it being the trend now to hate and detest leggings rather than wear them, i applaud anyone who still dares to put them on! and i think she looks lovely :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

Not a big fan of the leggings... And H&M have sold a dress like that for two years(ever since princess Madeleine of Sweden was seen sporting one by Michael Kors) now..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

oh boy...i ordered that dress. it doesn't look see-through on the h&m website. will have to return it when i get it.

 

Blogger noa said ... (9:07 AM) : 

i have this dress from h&m, and mine came with a white slip to wear underneath! it was $29.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Ooh la love.

She's gorgeous, but all of these leggings are easing my missing New York.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 AM) : 

I like the dress, it's really pretty- but the black leggings just ruin it, why couldn't she have picked another colour? Or worn a slip underneath, which would actually have suited it more? This 80s revival is getting on my nerves.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (5:27 PM) : 

This look is SO PERFECT because it does not look perfect. She has black leggings, white bra, and brown huaraches. She looks great without looking like she's tried too hard. Who cares if you can see through it? We all know that she is wearing a bra and that leggings have a top to them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

The dress can actually be found on the H&M website.
http://shop.hm.com/media/products/400/DL400_52244_10100_04_0028.jpg

http://shop.hm.com/shop/do?action=viewshoppingwindow&dept=DAM_OVR_KLA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Sara I agree with you. I don't her look was supposed to be perfect. I believe she is wearing what she loves and feels good in. I love the look on her, and would wear it myself.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting