This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....Seersucker Sunday, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 22, 2006

On The Street.....Seersucker Sunday, New York

Could there be a better example of the two ways to wear a seersucker suit than these two gentleman? I love the shoes on both guys - I would probably wear Jack Purcells but thats just me.

Actually, the gentleman in the top photo is the creative director for J.Press, the gentleman in the lower photo is wearing a J. Press seersucker suit and probably has been wearing them since before Mark was born.

Comments on "On The Street.....Seersucker Sunday, New York"

 

Blogger Shopaholic D said ... (9:10 AM) : 

i love seersucker! nice photos!

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (9:30 AM) : 

I like the dark shirt with the light suit. I think it works much better than the white shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Though a seersucker fan, especially blues, I am not in love with the Mark's shoes. They are too clunky for my personal tastes, much preferring loafers above all else with so socks. Like the saddles too.

 

Blogger SportyChick said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Seersucker reminds me of my first great love. He was an attorney in Boston, and wore it with panache. I will always have a soft spot for a good seersucker suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

hey there. I think you should protect your images by making them more difficult to copy. I've been seeing them on some sites around internet, sometimes without a link to you.

best of luck

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

You really seem to have an affinity for suits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

i DO love your site! <3 <3

robin

(www.myspace.com/wentworthstreet)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Does the first one have peak lapels? Looks great; better than the notch lapeled one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

both gentelemen look great. As we can see, a very traditional outfit can be updated and look like it never lost a step.

by the way, great photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I'd love to find a solid cream or tan seersucker suit for this summer. I agree, the blue stripes are classic but a bit played out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

It probably is a peak lapel since J. Press's seersucker sportsjackets are made with peak lapels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

for all those seeking an alternative to blue seersucker... believe it or not, Paul Stuart has an mini seersucker in a light rust orange... beautifully unlined, in their new "Paul" fit... much more fitted with even a skinnier lapel... I guess even "old school" has it's moments. Who knew?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

I looooooove seersucker and not just in suits. My dad had an old Munsingwear short sleeve shirt in narrow red & white seersucker. I stole it from him in high school and wore it until it was gauze. As for suits, I think seersucker is a great excuse for really bold bow tie. That's my fave.

 

Blogger The G Manifesto said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Seersucker is something I have been meaning to add to my wardrobe for a long time. I also like the other colors besides blue. Seersucker reminds me of New Orleans sitting at Galatoire's, and manking a deal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

Isn't that Matlock?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

The guy-in-the-lower-photo's suit is wrinkled. Is that part of the look?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Well, seersucker is normally cotton - so there'll be some slight wrinkling. However, the older gentleman seems to be standing in a gust of wind - see how the right side of his jacket is standing away from his body. That explains the wrinkles in the pant legs, too. Seersucker is extremely lightweight, even when compared to summer woolens - so it's more susceptible to being blown around like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I absolutely love seersucker! I like picture # 2- the more traditional style- but I am from (and still reside) Charleston, SC.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting