This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........Fat Bald Man, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 08, 2006

On The Street........Fat Bald Man, NYC

Shooting on the street means having to think fast on your feet.

So I see this guy racing down Fifth Ave and he turns the corner at Abercrombie, I get his attention and ask to take his photo for my fashion blog. Without a seconds hesitation his says to me in very serious Ital-English "Not me, I'm a bald fat man!!" I'm a very positive person, so the first thing out of my mouth was "No, your not.....uhm......so?

We stand there looking at each other for a moment and finally I say "But you look so Italian!" That got him.

What a perfect example of Neapolitan style - the right shoes, the right shirt, a great tie and a very nice Spring-ish shade of blue sportcoat. I asked where he got the jacket and with a mix of pride and nonchalance he says "I have my tailor in Naples do it for me."

These are the kind of guys that inspire me and that I wanted to capture when I started The Sartorialist.

Comments on "On The Street........Fat Bald Man, NYC"

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Yes, indeed. He has a fine italian style. It looks great. Forza azzurri!

Ciao from Milan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Perfecto! I like how his trousers' bottoms accentuate his shoes - good length with perfect width.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

That's how to think on your feet Sartorialist! You know how to pick em.

This "bald fat man" is interesting! I like his cigar, the reddish-brown briefcase, and the great shoes and belt. Some would say he's violating rules of proper dress, but I admit that is what makes him look interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

the tie and the pants are actually skinny!

i'm reminded of those fashion companies who don't hire fat people.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Speaking of uhms, I do hope you got the name and phone number of his tailor.

 

Blogger O-Ren said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Aw, that made me smile :)

The color is exquisite on the fat, bald man! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

Love the shoes. Very convincing to get me to move to Italy but that will have to depend on how fast I could learn my Italian. Gelato, ciao and bella can only get you so far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 AM) : 

nice when you get to shoot someone that reminds you why you bother, and thanks again for all the effort.

what do you guys think of the squared off tie? not a look i have ever really liked.

 

Blogger Solomon Animashaun said ... (3:40 AM) : 

I concur......he has great style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

Really nice story ! That's why I read your blog every day. Thanks...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I love this guy, perfetto!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

It inspires the rest of us that do not have the looks and bodies that appear in of these "Men's Fashion" magazines.

This gentleman displays a great sense of style and humility that is rarely seen.

Bravo!

-Salermo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

This guy's look is phat.

You know, I just had to say that.

- AthenaNY

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

I feel so wonderful about this man's look, it brings 1 tear to my eye. This I say true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Great shoes!

Really, really great shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 AM) : 

His outfit looks just about perfect to me! This guy has got some style, bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I know this "fat, bald man" and he is a true gentleman, and for the record, not Italian.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:44 PM) : 

I meant the cut of his suit looked very italian and it turned out it was - I have heard from people that know this gentleman and they say he is a good subject for a future style profile on The Sartorialist

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Bold, cool and comfortable.
The clothes make the man but in this case, the man made it look good. You got to have style to pull it together. Great shot!
Kisses to the Bald Man

LadyPhoenix

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (4:23 PM) : 

He looks like a mogul. He presents a very nice bella figura.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting