This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Brown Dress #2, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

On The Street......Brown Dress #2, New York

So Simple, So Sexy!

Comments on "On The Street......Brown Dress #2, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

Almost wants to make me pack up my suits and move from San Francisco to NYC. This lovely young woman and yesterday’s equally lovely lady (with the marvelous hair) could teach their west cost sisters something about style. Wonderful, elegant, very sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Lovely top. Love the colour. But is this it? Where's the rest of her outfit? It seems a tad short...She must be extremely fit and has gorgeous legs. Great site by the way. (Makes me want to move to NY) Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I like the a LOT more than the other brown dress. Really cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

Is that dress length legal in New York?

-AthenaNY

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

What completes this outfit is the matching arm bands. Wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

wow. just, wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

so short!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

ppfffhhhh, it looks like a potato sack

 

Blogger Gina said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Very lovely. I'm curious to know if there are zero short or fat women in NYC with good fashion sense. I never see them here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

I'm all for a bubble hem, but I believe this is a tunic top, not a dress... Unless, of course, she is wearing tan leggings (or is that fake bake? *shudder*) Yes, I'm going to suggest it: a pair of leggings (at least) or jeans, please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

She is simply ravishing. Stunning. Impeccably turned out. The sunlit hair, the gams (wow), the dress. She makes the color brown look like Spring.

If I'm not mistaken, the dress is by "Mason by Michelle Mason" (why not just call the company "Mason"? Jeesh?). I searched high and low for that dress for my wife, but couldn't find it in her size. The one that caught my eye was the perfect shade of pea soup green.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 PM) : 

Now THAT"S what I call a dress!!!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (9:11 PM) : 

super short but it looks great not tarty...what kind of shoes was she wearing - that would make or break it for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Way to short!

 

Blogger Closet Cupcake said ... (9:42 PM) : 

I think thats actually a long tank top. I have the exact same one! ha

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 AM) : 

It's nice to look at but I wouldn't want to see my girlfriend wearing something like that.

 

Blogger Max said ... (2:42 AM) : 

She's got the body for it, but it's a bit short for my taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

what a babe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 AM) : 

Isn't that the same girl in that short vintage skirt you've posted earlier? The one with the polka dots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 AM) : 

That's a tunik, not a dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

For everyone posting critical comments I say "LIVE A LITTLE!" For how many years in one's life would this dress be suitable? (which word is, to me, one of, if not the, most important words in fashion and design. If you're too young for this dress, then you look slutty. If you're too old for this dress, then you look ridiculous. There are a precious few years in one's life where a dress like this is suitable. The dress is in no way vulgar or unsuitable. She's certainly got the body (and how). It's springtime in New York people! Winters are looooong. Not quite so bad as Montreal, but plenty long enough. Whether or not the dress is a top or, as I think, a dress matters not. I say she's "spot on!" Brava!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

I absolutely second what 7:45am said above. There is a time to flower.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

what happened to the rest of the outfit? it's a cute top. love the bubble hem.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Fab, works really well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Part of what makes that dress so sexy is the way it drapes in curves that echo the curves of her body. Great.

 

Blogger The G Manifesto said ... (6:24 PM) : 

one of many reasons why NYC is a great place to be on the cusp of summer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

*Sigh!* :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 AM) : 

I agree with anastasiac. I want to know what kind of shoe she went with for this look. Flat? Sandal? Wedge? Boot? The shoe would really determine the mood of the whole outfit...flirty, earthy, funky, etc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Absolutely stunning in her simplicity and sexiness. She is totally fresh and attractive and very appealing. would love to see more shots of her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I'm sorry, I know she is beautiful and sexy but that dress is too short for sreet wear. There is no margin for error - what if she has to reach for something or walk up some stairs in a crowded subway station?

It's great as a cover up for a swimsuit on the beach but it's not right for the city.

 

Blogger Julia said ... (10:04 PM) : 

I think she looks fantastic. Her confidence - which is the biggest style element for anybody IMO - outshines the length of her dress. So it's short, I wouldn't get away with it, but if I had her confidence - and legs - I most certainly would be milking this dress for all it's worth!

Also very keen to hear which shoes she wore with this, as yes, it could make or break. I'm thinking a small heel, but leather sandals would be brilliant.

 

Blogger Mo said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Yikes. Too short. And the bubble hem does no good for anyone, even the taut-bodied.

 

Blogger Mp3Man said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Really nice colour matched. She wears it with grace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 AM) : 

A bit naughty and woody.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

i agree with the ppl saying live a little about the short hem...she looks good so if ppl r saying mean things then it might just means tht they cant pull off this short dress...they must be fatties from a small town....judging the hotties in the big city...i like it for their info......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Not even in my dreams I can wear that, but I would like. Her bone structure is fantastic. I think that`s why the dress looks so good on her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

She's hot, period.

Brown never looked so good.

Would love to see this very same dress on her, only in white, black, or a coral blue.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting