This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........Black & Blue, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

On The Street........Black & Blue, New York

Comments on "On The Street........Black & Blue, New York"

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Her style is hot. Love this trash-luxery-mix ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

not a fan of the boots, but all else looks good, even the big old style bag...very nice looking lady.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

For me, the slouchy boots ruin the look. When your ankles are the widest part of your legs, you look a bit like a Clydesdale.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

It's spring!!! Shed those tights! I'm SOO tired of seeing this look. On the "carry all"
1. Lose the excessive bag. Can smaller size purses come back please! Women have got the whole SUV syndrome going on with these purses (the bigger the purse, the bigger the...well you know).

2. What color is that purse??? BROWN?!?! Mon dieu!

I do however like that confidence in the outfit.. THAT is definitely what makes it work.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:46 AM) : 

she has the big bag b/c she is a model and she keeps her book in it.

i think people forget "real life" sometimes gets in the way of presenting the "perfect look" but at the same time i think it makes it so much more real and inspirational

and Clydesdale is the last thing i think of when i see this girl

 

Blogger la femme said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Fabulous- black and blue is my favourite colour combo. Love the jacket, dress, tights, boots- not crazy about the brown bag, but the rest makes up for it.

 

Blogger Gina said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Sorry to disappoint, but "carry-alls" are a much-needed accessory for women (models or not) who have more to their day and life than just showing up and looking fabulous.

I particularly enjoy the fact that her haircolor very nearly matches the poster behind her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

I don't understand when the commentary on this site became "rate my look" but I find the nitpicking so very tedious

I don't want to speak for the Sartorialist, but I don't think the intent of this site is for small minded twits to tear apart the folks he chooses to shoot

They are real life people - on the street - with a sense of style and grace. Not manequins dressed according to some set of rules w/in your head.

Appreciate the beauty instead of tearing into what ever flaws YOU are projecting on to these very real people who have been ASKED if thier photo could be taken

Is this the consequence of our Jerry Springer reality TV culture...

Where or where have all the interesting people gone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

I'll always love a big bag myself and I'm no model. I don't like to be at the mercy of trends OR the weather OR basic necessities so I always have water, something to read, something to write in, a scarf or cardi and so on. self-sufficiency is hot.

 

Blogger Nic said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I'm loving the leather jacket. So hard to find longer sleeves... so says me the orangutan-armed girl.

 

Blogger New Yorkaise said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I love the combination of the black, blue and brown. It's surprisingly fitting without being excessive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

I simply love the cornblue dress, lovely..

 

Blogger COACD said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Thats Alice at New York Models, she is Swedish and has a twin Caroline also a model at Trump.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Maybe she's just carrying the bag because she thinks it's cute.

She looks great. Unfussy but interesting. I live in Southern California, and I'd rather see a bunch of girls in this outfit than the interminable mini flouncy skirts and flip-flops I see all year round.

 

Blogger Fashion Critic said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Beautiful, beautiful girl. What I like about her is that not only the whole outfit is beautiful, but there is not a single thing that is a trendoid eye-sore. Even the big back and the slouchy boots that might look as trying too hard on someone else, look great on her. 10 out of 10.

 

Blogger Jane Tam said ... (3:26 PM) : 

the dress is from forever 21.. 'cause i was thinking of buying it last week. she looks great. it's the confidence that sells the photo.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:12 PM) : 

hot. love the opaque tights and the blue dress.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:46 PM) : 

OK before I saw all of the posts that knocked her big bag, I thought to myself: "Hey, here is a girl that has a lifestyle like mine. She works, she has some kind of job that makes it necessary for her to carry all of her stuff in that super cool bag."

She is like me.

Only, alas, I am not a model!

But my point is, there is something special about the look that resonates with me. I think it's the functional quality of the slouchy boots. It doesn't look like she is trying too hard, in other words.

She wants a look that is pretty, yet edgy and comfortable at the same time.

Somehow, I think if the bag matched her boots, all of this "ease" would be lost and she would be trying too hard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Adore the boot and tight combo. Great alternative to leggings. It's cute without looking like she tried so hard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

great look. the slouchy boot creates a look akin to the tight legged jeans that is so hot right now: the too long very tight leg is supposed to slouch at the ankle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 PM) : 

If I had hair that color, I'd wear bright blue everyday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

I love her. I'm jealous of her, too.

 

Blogger Max said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Not a super huge fan of the makeup, but that outfit is sweet. I'm completely loving the bright blue/brown/black thing she's got going on. The huge bag makes it better because she's appropriately dressed for what she does all day.

 

Blogger FishrCutB8 said ... (10:49 PM) : 

I like her smile...wry, sardonic...

 

Blogger Admin said ... (11:14 PM) : 

beautiful

im beginning to have a thing for redheads

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 AM) : 

agree with the first anonymous. i love seeing these for the sense of beauty and style and grace and enthusiasm that is a thousand times more vivid on these real people than can ever be emulated by a stephen meisel vogue pic. i love these real people, even when there style/taste is not mine (and even more so when it is not in fashion right now) and if i get a little inspired by their passion too, that is fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 AM) : 

what a fantastic look. Smokin street hot with ease.

I imagine the very dapper Mr. Wooster standing next to her and he only comes up to her waist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

those might just be the chloe boots from this past f/w 05....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

I love it!

By the way I'm almost positive those boots are teh Miss Sixty dance boots from fall'05

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting