This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

It Pays To Have A Past

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It Pays To Have A Past


So I see these two beautiful, young ladies in these great trenchcoats and I have to shoot them. When I ask, understandably, they are a bit hesitant. I try ,feebly, to explain my blog before they turn and go, I mention the press, the mood, my background but none of it is working. Finally I turn to their friend ,superstar stylist Phillip Bloch, and mentioned that we had met at my showroom a while back. Surprisingly he remembered and gave the ladies the "he's ok " kinda look. I never would have imagined that I would be in a position for Phillip Bloch to stand up for me but I guess it proves that you gotta be nice every day because people do remember.

Comments on "It Pays To Have A Past"

 

Blogger O-Ren said ... (6:29 PM) : 

What a great encounter! :)

Loving the trenchcoats and their smiles :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

because there are 2 of them, they are great.

 

Blogger priscilla said ... (7:30 PM) : 

I love the trench coats with the boots. Very New York in the 1970s, a la Woody Allen. I feel great nostalgia for that time, even though I was only a child.
I love your site. Thanks for the great photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

I would do anything to be photographed for your website! What a compliment to be approached by you!
As cute as those girls are, they should know who YOU are, too!
As for being nice, it always pays and Phillip B. has never looked more stunning!

 

Blogger Julia said ... (9:34 PM) : 

They are absolutely gorgeous - my problem with trenchcoats is they often don't fit well, but these two fit beautifully. I love the boots, the smiles, the hair, the sunglasses - wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing this little story. It sheds some light on what it must be like to approach people on the street with a camera.

In spite of their initial hesitancy, these two women look pleased and very warm. I love everything about them, especially their smiles, and their boots, the hair, their glasses, the bags, and the coats. Did I say smiles? and hair? Boots?

And by the way, I've never thanked you for sharing your passion, your work, your insights, your eye. This is original authentic blogging at its finest.

Thanks so much for bringing a bit of joy to my each and every day.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (3:17 AM) : 

Nice story. Indeed, it always pays back to have a nice past.

The style of the two women is okay, not more. I miss a detail that cross the border of a usual look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 AM) : 

I agree with greeneyes. I love the 70's Woody Allen/ Keaton look. And these women have it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 AM) : 

"you gotta be nice every day because people do remember"

true indeed...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 AM) : 

i like the pic of Phillip Bloch better, he looks like a swoonsome movie star of Cary Grant era.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

gorgeous women! and love the coats. maybe you should get wee Satorialist business cards made up with the URL on them so you can hand 'em over to all these unsuspecting well-heeled strangers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

This is the most handsome I've ever seen Phillip--in person or otherwise. Good shot!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Thank you for sharing all of this with us every day...
You seem to be a great person :-)

 

Blogger Admin said ... (12:27 PM) : 

they certainly needed those trenchcoats the past few days.

the stylist guy sort of looks like the Patrick Healy character (Matt Dillon) from Something about Mary movie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I want to visit NY so bad. Looking at your site makes me want to live there more. Very inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

The business card idea sounds like a good one. And Phillip B: teh hotness!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

How cool is that? (the story, the pics)

I too worry that someone might knock you down one of these days for asking to take their picture. What's your ratio (requests vs actual pictures taken and published)?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

The girls look good but I agree that shot of Phillip is fantastic. He looks so relaxed, suave, and charming (and I don't usually think he looks that good).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

phillip bloch does look good, but i wish he would get rid of that pencil moustache!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting