This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street...The Mohawk

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, April 02, 2006

On The Street...The Mohawk

Comments on "On The Street...The Mohawk"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

I suspect this gentleman is under thirty. I really can't imagine anyone with this style outside of Rock n' Roll however, he does stand out because of it.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Surprisingly, I don't think he is under thirty. just a guess - there are a lot of jobs in NYC he could do with that look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Three things I really like here:

The manhole cover. I like how he's standing on it, like a pedestal.

The bus going by in the background adds a flash of city color.

The fact that this guy is probably over 30 and still has enough hair to wear a mohawk and look decent.

 

Blogger ML said ... (10:30 AM) : 

A real mohawk haircut! I haven't seen a proper one in ages since it was co-opted for the fauxhawk.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (11:09 AM) : 

thanks
I really liked the manhole cover and bus too.
I took three shots and this was by far the best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Does anyone get the vibe of Dinero, from taxi driver?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

he looks very deniro in taxi driver. and that's another good thing about ny, you can dress like yourself and still get a real job. one actually supports the other. not like out here, where we have to all pretend some "normalcy" or something.

 

Blogger [A] said ... (2:44 PM) : 

uau!!! nice guy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

OK, I've been admiring this blog for ages but this is the photo that finally inspires me to comment. Having done my graduate thesis on Fashion and Gen X, I have to say I instantly saw a classic mid-30s Xer (give or take a few years), stylish and awesome, and un-afraid to keep the rebel streak alive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

A fine example of a 30-something grup.

 

Blogger The Blasphemous Fiendess said ... (11:15 PM) : 

I never thought I would find a guy with a mohawk attractive. I was wrong.v

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting